Sponsored

JLU rear side windows previewed on Jeep Safari Concept?

RDwheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JGC, Rubicon
I was taking a closer look at the Jeep Safari concept that they showed at Moab since it looks it's previewing a bunch of JL parts.

here's the rear shot showing clear glass along the sides ending right by the tailgate

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU rear side windows previewed on Jeep Safari Concept? {filename}

I remembered something from the spy pics especially in this shot:

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU rear side windows previewed on Jeep Safari Concept? {filename}

Look to the left of the guy's head. Is it possible the concept is showing an exaggerated version of what will be on the JLU hardtop?

Since those leaked images still leave a lot to the imagination when it comes to the top/rear, maybe this is something "new" to come? Just a guess..
Sponsored

OP
OP

RDwheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JGC, Rubicon
Also we know that isn't the sport bar/frame location from the rear leaked image. It's even farther back in the trunk than the JKU

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Whatever it is it's definitely different than the JKU and would explain why they continue to have it covered up even as the whole rest of the body has moved to the swirly camo phase.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I also like the Bedlined gray interior, Option, PLEASE ! As someone who does a lot of DIY to improve interior storage, that Tailgate Table is nice too.
Could it be that the new Bestop "TrekTop NX Glide" is a preview of the soft top we'll see on the JL ? No zippers, easy fold down, check it out. Also, TrekTop Pro, hybrid soft/hard top. Precursor !

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
I dunno if I can make out those windows on the prototype hard top but would be a nice touch. Would let more light into the cabin and give airier feel with the top on.

I also like the Bedlined gray interior, Option, PLEASE ! As someone who does a lot of DIY to improve interior storage, that Tailgate Table is nice too.
Could it be that the new Bestop "TrekTop NX Glide" is a preview of the soft top we'll see on the JL ? No zippers, easy fold down, check it out. Also, TrekTop Pro, hybrid soft/hard top. Precursor !
Had to look it up but I'd love to see something innovative like Bestop's TrekTop NX Glide as the new soft top. Don't they make the current factory soft tops too?

oldowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius 4 (2010) Audi Q5 (2014)
Are the side rear windows on the JLU body colored Freedom top mad of glass, polycarbonate (or other heavy duty material) , or just plastic? If not glass, are glass ones available from other suppliers?
Sponsored