Sponsored

JLU pulling a travel trailer? No problem!

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
The wife and I made the trip to Denton, Texas this weekend to look at this. Wife decided (and I agree) this will be our first purchase once the house we are having built is finished (April-Mayish time frame). Bangs in at 2970lbs Dry.

https://conqueror4x4.com/product/uev-440/

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU pulling a travel trailer? No problem! 1643177074170
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
The wife and I made the trip to Denton, Texas this weekend to look at this. Wife decided (and I agree) this will be our first purchase once the house we are having built is finished (April-Mayish time frame). Bangs in at 2970lbs Dry.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU pulling a travel trailer? No problem! 1643177074170
Is that dry without any options (fridge, spare tire, water heater, maxxfan, batteries, etc)? Or is that with the base options? It is great that it is all metal with no wood or fiberglass if you take it over any rough terrain.

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Is that dry without any options (fridge, spare tire, water heater, maxxfan, batteries, etc)? Or is that with the base options? It is great that it is all metal with no wood or fiberglass if you take it over any rough terrain.
that is with ALL options...the camper comes fully loaded, only way to get it...Watch this...not a great video but, you'll get the idea.

And the slightly larger (and heavier 3300lbs) UEV-490

Last edited:

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice but too heavy for my Ruby. Just added this to my stable 1800# dry.

57615515-7ED5-4E5B-A5E1-075DC630AF1B.jpeg
The OGT Expo is a great trailer. We love ours. I decided against the roof top tent because of rain, putting it away wet, mildew concerns and the noise during higher winds. I love just climbing into the trailer and going to sleep with the furnace keeping us warm on cold nights. If you are late to camp you can be in bed in under 1 minute. Just drop the jack wheel to take weight off the Jeep and go to sleep.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kledzik44

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
Very nice but too heavy for my Ruby. Just added this to my stable 1800# dry.

57615515-7ED5-4E5B-A5E1-075DC630AF1B.jpeg
How does that trailer handle behind the 2 door? I’m about to pull the trigger on the same one but unfortunately don’t have the option to test it out before I buy. I know the drivetrain will handle the weight I’m just worried about the wheelbase

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How does that trailer handle behind the 2 door? I’m about to pull the trigger on the same one but unfortunately don’t have the option to test it out before I buy. I know the drivetrain will handle the weight I’m just worried about the wheelbase
Handles great. I added air bags in springs and overload bump stops to keep level. Length of trailer just right for 2 door Rubicon. The max coupler hitch is the trick. Curt electronic brake control and app works great.

B415FE22-BCAF-4949-BAC3-9E50750804F8.jpeg

kledzik44

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
Handles great. I added air bags in springs and overload bump stops to keep level. Length of trailer just right for 2 door Rubicon. The max coupler hitch is the trick. Curt electronic brake control and app works great.

B415FE22-BCAF-4949-BAC3-9E50750804F8.jpeg
That’s all I needed to hear to pull the trigger!

Bob L.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon Extreme
Occupation
Retired
We decided, and my wife would tell you by we I mean me, on the Off Grid Trailers Expedition 2.0. The trailer with almost all accessories and loaded for extended camping weighs a little under 2800 lbs. I moved the trailers spare tire from in front of the front storage box to the roof rack behind the axle centerline to help with reducing tongue weight. I am running 35s and changed to 5.13 gears. It tows fantastic with the 6-speed manual and I can maintain 65 mph in sixth gear. I will use fourth gear going up steeper climbs to keep the engine above 3000 rpm and in the power band.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU pulling a travel trailer? No problem! B415FE22-BCAF-4949-BAC3-9E50750804F8

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU pulling a travel trailer? No problem! B415FE22-BCAF-4949-BAC3-9E50750804F8

Ordered the same Expo 2.0 and want to tow with my stock 2022 jlurx without adding weight distribution bars, air bags or HD springs. I do have the factory tow package and factory brake controller. Trailer should be at or below 3,500 lbs wet but not sure I can keep the hitch at 350lbs. What problems should I anticipate?

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the same Expo 2.0 and want to tow with my stock 2022 jlurx without adding weight distribution bars, air bags or HD springs. I do have the factory tow package and factory brake controller. Trailer should be at or below 3,500 lbs wet but not sure I can keep the hitch at 350lbs. What problems should I anticipate?
31 gal water weight at rear of trailer will help lessen tongue weight. I would still use air bags or longer bump stops to keep trailer tongue height at 21” and jeep level as possible.

Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
It's good to see so many enjoying RV life. OP, you post is wrong on the receiver size. Just cause you have a 2' receiver does not mean you have a Class III. Jeep factory hitch is a Class II. It is not recommended for a WDH. You need to modify it like previous posts have done or you will run the risk of a catastrophic failure.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the Rock Krawler XFactor No Limits 3.5" lift, but got 4.5" rear springs and the trailer is level when towing. I avoided air bags based on so many comments of them popping when articulating off-road. I keep the 31 gallon water tank filled and with my locking wheel chocks and other item in the rear storage I have no issues. I need to go to the CAT scales with the current setup, but know I am under 2,800 lbs (I have the 69 liter Truma and almost every option minus the roof top tent). I have the factory tow package, but mine is a 2019 so I added the Redarc Tow Pro Elite controller and it works great.

I doubt you will have any troubles. If you got the spare, I would relocate it to the roof with the center just rear of the axle centerline. The photo in front of the Joshua Tree sign is with the lift and 4.5" rear springs and the other is with stock suspension when we picked the trailer up in December 2021. The other three images are the plate I designed and had made out of 1/4" aluminum to mount the tire to the roof rack.

D94CA154-0101-42ED-B0BF-578FF4245EBB.jpeg

IMG_7228.jpeg

IMG_7875.jpeg

IMG_7874.jpeg

IMG_7873.jpeg

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

1643177074170.png
Please check what the loaded weight is. What I have found out with these types of trailers is that the dry weight is with no accessories. It is the chassis's weight before fridge/freezer, water in tanks, batteries, ventilation fans, awnings, roof top tent, propane tank, etc. My trailer is 1,700 lbs dry and with fridge/freezre, batteries, spare tire, all other accessories, water, and supplies for a week plus of camping I am at just under 2,800 lbs. Looking at the interwebs the weight comes in at 3,700+ lbs on RV sales sites and one site it is north of 4,800 lbs for the platinum version.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Be aware that most, if not all, campers WILL be heavier than the advertised “dry weight”. I have been fooling with campers for many years, and every single one I’ve had (or friends have had) was anywhere from 200 lbs UP from advertised weight. Frontal area is also a concern on our Jeeps. Good luck and have fun, but do your homework First.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
It's good to see so many enjoying RV life. OP, you post is wrong on the receiver size. Just cause you have a 2' receiver does not mean you have a Class III. Jeep factory hitch is a Class II. It is not recommended for a WDH. You need to modify it like previous posts have done or you will run the risk of a catastrophic failure.
Do you have any literature stating this? Several responses from E-Trailers employees say that WDH are fine.
Sponsored