DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It was until you referenced "JK's" which happens to be all inclusive. You would be the first to point out if anyone had said that other than you. You should reference engines, not models.
This is inching up to getting personal. We're all friends here. :beer:
Sponsored

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I change mine every 5,000 miles with Pennzoil platinum sae 0w-20 and the Mobil 1 filter. Just did my 3rd oil change at the family cabin in Lake City, CO after hitting the trails. My oil monitor is usually reading 25-30% when I change it.
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU oil change frequency 567C92C8-9D20-433C-A5E7-6E949A87D671

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU oil change frequency A475A5B7-6516-4260-AED3-86CEFA2A3B47

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Geeeez, I should never have said " I have JK's in the family and the JL. SO, I use 5w-20 Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic in all of them year round "

All I was trying to get across is that I, use 5w-20 Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic in all of them year round.

Would not matter what model year Wrangler or whether it was 3.6 or 3.8, etc., as I'd be using 5w-20 Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic in them..

This way, I only have to keep the same oil in the shop for all to be serviced with.. 5w20 does the deed for all of them..
The issue I brought up was the filters not the oil. Nothing like changing the context to prove your twist. Go back up and read what I said.

Honestly I used to like your content until you called me out because I said I didn’t have any issues with my 2 JL’s. That was absolute BS and who the hell are you to infer I was stupid because I didn’t agree with you. I don’t accept anyone calling me a liar.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is inching up to getting personal. We're all friends here. :beer:
When I’m called out as a liar, it is personal.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't hate my 3.8. It has been 100% reliable for 142k miles and runs like new. It just has an oil drinking problem and performance wise, is underwhelming. Still, it gets my respect, which increases as the miles go up. We'll see how long it goes. Not a glamorous engine, by any measure.
One of the quietist engines I’ve ever had.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When I’m called out as a liar, it is personal.
I must have missed that. I looked through the thread again and stil don't see that.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I must have missed that. I looked through the thread again and stil don't see that.
@DanW

Dan, I have never called anyone a liar, here, nor would I do so.

In this thread , https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ith-my-jeep-today-or-ever.55618/#post-1205352

I said something to the affect that any and all vehicles coming off the assembly line, to include the JL have problems... have something wrong with them. Could be a design problem, bubbles in paint, over torqued bolt, dripping rear window washer, etc., etc.

I thought most people know this is the case... that this is fact.

No JL owner, anywhere, has a JL that does not have some type of shortcoming/issue. They all do.

Sure most of the issues can undoubtedly be fixed with a PCM update, repainting the hinge, adding a valve to the washer feed line. And then there are things that you just have to live with.... like the JL front windshield defroster, the battery system..., etc.

IF a JL owner thinks his JL is perfect/no issues, then he/she is lets say oblivious to things so to speak.... or just blinded by love.... Kinda like the newlywed that thinks their new partner is perfect and without flaws and shortcomings.

In closing, I called no one a " liar ".

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
@DanW

In this thread , https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ith-my-jeep-today-or-ever.55618/#post-1205352

I said something to the affect that any and all vehicles coming off the assembly line, to include the JL have problems... have something wrong with them. Could be a design problem, bubbles in paint, over torqued bolt, dripping rear window washer, etc., etc.

No JL owner, anywhere, has a JL that does not have some type of shortcoming/issue. They all do.

Sure most of the issues can undoubtedly be fixed with a PCM update, repainting the hinge, adding a valve to the washer feed line. And then there are things that you just have to live with.... like the JL front windshield defroster, the battery system..., etc.

IF a JL owner thinks his JL is perfect/no issues, then he/she is lets say oblivious to things so to speak.... or just blinded by love.... Kinda like the newlywed that thinks their new partner is perfect and without flaws and shortcomings.

You take things far too literal in an attempt at always being right by technicality. Honestly and I do mean this honestly not in a disparaging way these type of people are always incredibly annoying. Please don't be "that guy" as you do post detailed, helpful posts quite often.

If I say my Jeep has no issues or if another person says the same thing that does not mean it's literally perfect. My clock loses a minute or two every week. I have a weird bubble by my rear drivers side door shown below and as you mentioned I share the same defrost system as every other JL. Saying I don't have an issue means I don't have an issue that's relevant. The time being off is irrelevant. A weird bubble in paint is irrelevant. The defrost hasn't affected me as I always clear my windshield of any snow/ice prior to driving. My Jeep genuinely has had no issues for me. Again, that does not mean it's perfect. It means the imperfections are very minor and have not bothered me in any way. I would think differently if my transmission had issues, if my top leaked, if my steering was as loose as reported on here, etc. Those are relevant issues in my opinion.

The most beautiful woman on earth still has a flaw. Multiple actually. There is nothing without a flaw either in nature or produced by man. That's a given like the sky being blue and doesn't need to be said.

c1812a23-d2b5-4578-a73b-267d1147197a-jpeg.jpg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
WTH!!! So you mean to tell me that my mom lied to me all those years as she patted me on the head, told me I was special and perfect in every way jsut before putting me on that little short bus to go to school?!?!?!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTH!!! So you mean to tell me that my mom lied to me all those years as she patted me on the head, told me I was special and perfect in every way jsut before putting me on that little short bus to go to school?!?!?!
@mgroeger

Yup, the same Mom, that left you in this wet, soggy diaper all day... referencing the pic you posted earlier. :CWL:
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU oil change frequency 1596489171399

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@DanW

Anyone interested can check the thread from Rlion reagarding Carvana, post #68 where I was called clueless and oblivious. not once did I say my JL was perfect, I said I had no issues. I had the recalls done with regular service, no special trips. Didn’t experience any wobble or wandering to date and my 2 JL’s are early 2018 build dates. anyone reading this entry and don’t think it was personal, well we have a difference of opinion. None of his business to make disparaging comments to other users as well. He tries to disparage folks on a technicality many times but when I called him out on his use of “all JK’s” the back pedaling and misdirection to only part of his original post was recanted.

no more words on this guy, who sometimes has useful content but most of the time just references threads where already discussed.

too bad he makes things personal.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

You've helped so many people around here, that's why I got out of my lane a bit into something not so much my business and interjected that it was appearing to get personal. It was an attempt to gently bump things back in a positive direction.

I guess it had the opposite effect, and for that I am sorry.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You've helped so many people around here, that's why I got out of my lane a bit into something not so much my business and interjected that it was appearing to get personal. It was an attempt to gently bump things back in a positive direction.

I guess it had the opposite effect, and for that I am sorry.
@DanW
When I'm not on the road and I'm bored, I like coming here and spreading some of what I have learned over the 60 years of owning Jeep's.

I reply offering help, I even get forum guys and gals calling me on the phone for electrical advice and more. They appreciate the help, and helping, researching, keeps me current and it is somewhat rewarding...

Then you get the occasional MFing forum asshole that wants to act like a little bitchy girl and well, ....that takes the joy let's say, out of being here.

I try hard to consider the source and this 71yo asshole just keeps moving along.. 8-)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW
When I'm not on the road and I'm bored, I like coming here and spreading some of what I have learned over the 60 years of owning Jeep's.

I reply offering help, I even get forum guys and gals calling me on the phone for electrical advice and more. They appreciate the help, and helping, researching, keeps me current and it is somewhat rewarding...

Then you get the occasional MFing forum asshole that wants to act like a little bitchy girl and well, ....that takes the joy let's say, out of being here.

I try hard to consider the source and this 71yo asshole just keeps moving along.. 8-)
I get it. I get a lot of joy and knowledge out of your contributions, and I know I speak for many, many others around here. Just know that you are appreciated by many, many forum members, starting with me.
Sponsored

Last edited: