Sponsored

JLU Moab custom lic. plate - what do you think?

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
To be clear up front, I chose the Moab config specifically... I like the full time 4WD system, the nicer interior of a Sahara, the dark dashboard color, and the "90% of a Rubicon" offroad abilities when I'm unlikely to ever need that last 10%. It's the right combination for me. (I hope this thread doesn't start yet another "Moab is stupid" debate... enough of those threads here already.)

But, to have some fun with other Jeep owners, I'm considering this license plate...

RUBICON%20WANNABE.jpg

Will it get a laugh from other jeep owners who get it, or anger Moab owners who don't want to give traction (no pun intended) to the "rubicon poser" stereotype?
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
How about this, for "Moab for (the) win". :giggle:

upload_2019-6-8_13-47-56.jpg

Or you could make it "MOAB 4A W", so it's "for a" win to avoid confusion.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Worthy of a chuckle to a select few? Ok, yeah. Worth looking at on your every approach? Probably not for long. After seeing your other vehicles listed to the left, what about SLOW DAY or NO RUSH?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
To be clear up front, I chose the Moab config specifically... I like the full time 4WD system, the nicer interior of a Sahara, the dark dashboard color, and the "90% of a Rubicon" offroad abilities when I'm unlikely to ever need that last 10%. It's the right combination for me. (I hope this thread doesn't start yet another "Moab is stupid" debate... enough of those threads here already.)

But, to have some fun with other Jeep owners, I'm considering this license plate...

RUBICON%20WANNABE.jpg

Will it get a laugh from other jeep owners who get it, or anger Moab owners who don't want to give traction (no pun intended) to the "rubicon poser" stereotype?
90% of Rubicon capabilities? Lol, no. How about 65-70%. But, I digress. The plate is freaking funny. Do it.

And “Moab is stupid thread” is just good natured ribbing between Jeepers. Let’s see a pic of that bad boy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
joshg

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90% of Rubicon capabilities? Lol, no. How about 65-70%.
Tempting as it may be, i won't get in to that debate here. Love Rubicon for what it is, and was tempted, believe me.
“Moab is stupid" thread is just good natured ribbing between Jeepers.
Yes, I get it.
The plate is freaking funny. Do it.
Thinking about it. As @Headbarcode pointed out above, the amusement may wear off quickly.
Let’s see a pic of that bad boy.
@OP - exactly, lets see that bad boy! :)
Wish I could... Just ordered. Still stuck at D1. Wait is killing me! :headbang:
I have to make do with just a rendering for now...
DBoMloZwXAfJ52rlgRecNfPSIy5LW5S&&pov=position1&width=1944&height=1052&bkgrnd=white&resp=jpg&cut=.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
joshg

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After seeing your other vehicles listed to the left, what about SLOW DAY or NO RUSH?
Ha. Nice idea... and that's funny enough that I just checked... all possible variations of each of those, and some other similar ones in that vein, are all taken. California, with 24 million cars, is TOUGH to get custom plates you may think up

Last edited:

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
If it gives you a bit of pleasure seeing it daily, go for it. Moab is a awesome looking jeep, if it fits you don't worry what anyone else might think.

I've been part of car culture since the '80s and over the years built mini trucks with mind numbing sound systems, import tuning cars, 4wd and everything in between. I've never once considered what others thought about it.

98intrigue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Moab, '14 Viper
Occupation
Project Manager
I’d laugh pretty hard if I saw it.

I just ordered 5HR3K. Most wont’t get it, but it’s always fun to watch the rear view mirror and tell when people do get it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
joshg

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d laugh pretty hard if I saw it.

I just ordered 5HR3K. Most wont’t get it, but it’s always fun to watch the rear view mirror and tell when people do get it.
that's awesome! And I like the matching viper!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Hmmmmm....moab is stupid....
can you some how make that work in 7 letters?

98intrigue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Moab, '14 Viper
Occupation
Project Manager
that's awesome! And I like the matching viper!
Thanks! Unfortunately, the Viper was totaled back in January. v2.0 should be here in a couple weeks though.