JLU getting AEV lift looking for 17’ wheels for M/T tires

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU 4xe
Hi,

can you help/school me on best wheel combo for a JLU Rubicon with AEV 2.5 lift?
I also want 37 M/T tires as BFG KM3 M/T or Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T.

For wheels I am undecided but favor the Methods 706 or 312.

I can not figure out how much those wheels poke out.

Any other wheel suggestions?
We are wheeling in GA,TN, NC so no rock climbing a la Moab.

Thanks
Sponsored

Blues Fan 30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Sahara
The best thing you can do is find a wheel with a 71.5 bore meaning it's hub centric. I have 17x8.5 kmc 550s. They are +10 offset for reference. That means the -12 methods will stick out another almost inch further. You also have a rubi which means they'll stick out even more. Kmc has some solid offerings for sure but are a little on the pricier side. I'd recommend looking at rocktrix as well as they have several wheels with a +12 offset which essentially have the same poke as mine just a hair less. I would have probably snagged some rt111s if they had come in a machined finish at the +12 offset but to me -12 was too far out. I would not personally look at anything with a negative offset.

Hope this helps!

20240129_104257.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 007

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
35x12.5x17 on 17x9.5 wheels -18 offset. These are on a sport s. Rubi axles stick out a bit further so you’ll have a little more poke.

IMG_0297.jpeg

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
. . . You also have a rubi which means they'll stick out even more. with a negative offset.
Technically, Rubi’s also have wider fender flares to account for their wider axles. Poke will be relatively the same between trims. The exception would be Rubi fenders on narrow axles, which gives you another 3/4 of an inch to play with (i.e., the route I took).

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Technically, Rubi’s also have wider fender flares to account for their wider axles. Poke will be relatively the same between trims. The exception would be Rubi fenders on narrow axles, which gives you another 3/4 of an inch to play with (i.e., the route I took).
This is spot on. Forgot the rubi fenders are wider. I also put on rubi fenders. That pic was with the sport fenders still on. Can’t see the poke from this pic with the rubi fenders. This is also the AEV 2.5” lift.

IMG_0298.png

Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU 4xe
The best thing you can do is find a wheel with a 71.5 bore meaning it's hub centric. I have 17x8.5 kmc 550s. They are +10 offset for reference. That means the -12 methods will stick out another almost inch further. You also have a rubi which means they'll stick out even more. Kmc has some solid offerings for sure but are a little on the pricier side. I'd recommend looking at rocktrix as well as they have several wheels with a +12 offset which essentially have the same poke as mine just a hair less. I would have probably snagged some rt111s if they had come in a machined finish at the +12 offset but to me -12 was too far out. I would not personally look at anything with a negative offset.

Hope this helps!

20240129_104257.jpg
The KM550 are great looking. Did not have them on my radar.

Thanks!!!

They should look great in antracit on my white one.

Blues Fan 30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Sahara
The KM550 are great looking. Did not have them on my radar.

Thanks!!!

They should look great in antracit on my white one.
I think the anthracite would look incredible on white! The two things I don't like about them are the bronze bolts and that the center cap logo isn't in line with the stamped logo. I've been trying to figure out what I want to do about the bolts but haven't yet decided. All in all a great wheel though!

20240124_133951.jpg
Sponsored