Sponsored

JLU Full Length Sun Shade Mesh top for 4-Door Unlimited - 2018+ (New Body Style)

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
@Waiting nope. The bungee on the header has a "T" connector at the end. Simply slide the T out of the grommet... and the shade disconnects. The header bungee will remain in place (i.e. tucked out of the way) ready for you to re-attach the shade.

I haven't removed the header bungees completely (no need to), so I can't comment on if the windshield would need to be opened slightly to remove the bungees altogether. But, as I mentioned in prior thread, if you have to, it's four bolts... less than 5 minutes. Super easy.
Sponsored

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Even if don't have to lower the windshield to attach it, it sure does look like you have to lower the windshield to remove it. Anyone care to chime in?
Hi Keith!
If your fingers are small enough, you can actually remove them without lowering the windshield. I was actually able to do that this past weekend.

With the corner clips, you can actually feed the entire t-bar bungee down while still attached to the windshield clip. I just pushed the t-bar end down into the corner to loosen the windshield clip, reached up to grab the windshield clip and pulled down. Everything can actually fit.

The same cannot be said for the center t-bars + clips. There is a plastic trim piece that fits underneath the windshield frame so if you pull that down out of the way, it gave me enough room to get my fingers up there, grab the windshield clip and pull it down. Once it was clear of the windshield plastic trim, I could get a better grip on it, rotate the windshield clip, remove it from the bungee and then pull the t-bar bungee out towards the rear of the vehicle.

Hopefully that makes sense!!

With that said, if you lower the windshield, it's a lot easier to remove the clips.

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
@Waiting nope. The bungee on the header has a "T" connector at the end. Simply slide the T out of the grommet... and the shade disconnects. The header bungee will remain in place (i.e. tucked out of the way) ready for you to re-attach the shade.

I haven't removed the header bungees completely (no need to), so I can't comment on if the windshield would need to be opened slightly to remove the bungees altogether. But, as I mentioned in prior thread, if you have to, it's four bolts... less than 5 minutes. Super easy.
100% correct. No need to remove the t-bar bungees when removing the sunshade. You can keep them installed and they're out of the way.

dugout68

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (ordered), 2018 Dodge Durango GT, 2015 Wrangler JKU
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Bright White Rubicon with Heritage Tan leather seats.
Thinking Sand colored Alien Sunshade, how close it the match, or should I consider another color?

Sponsored

Ameza

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Hi @Frankie Drums
Thanks for the post! Ocean Blue is a bit of an interesting color since it's darker and has quite a bit of metal flake in it.

With that said, our blue shade won't be a perfect match to your Ocean Blue JLU.

Unfortunately, we don't have any distributors in the NY area.
Picture of blue on blue?

Sponsored

Jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, 2022 F350, 2021 G23
No sir they didn't offer it in 16 only 17. Just had it repainted matte white.
57117959449__ECF00425-41CD-4F82-B114-D88E5E34E4E4.jpeg