Sponsored

JLU Full Length Sun Shade Mesh top for 4-Door Unlimited - 2018+ (New Body Style)

Frankie Drums

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Frankie Drums

Frankie Drums

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply!

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
How close is the neon green to mojito?

Sponsored

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
CUSTOMER SERVICE.....How about someone to answer questions during install.. No videos. I cant figure this thing out on my 2 door JL...Index card instructions, a struggle to say the least...

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
CUSTOMER SERVICE.....How about someone to answer questions during install.. No videos. I cant figure this thing out on my 2 door JL...Index card instructions, a struggle to say the least...

Just installed mine the other day maybe I can help?

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Thanks..

Pictures would be helpful...I must be stupid.

Clip positioning is the struggle..
Hey Thomas! Andrew here.

I'd be more than happy to help you out. I'm assuming your only issue is with the front clips.

First thing's first: no need to drop the windshield. However, dropping the windshield does make it easier.

There's a little tool included which allows you to fish the bungee in between the windshield frame and front roll cage (make sure the t-bar portion is on the inside of the vehicle and you're fishing the looped version of the bungee forward).

Feed the tool from the bottom/front, pass it in the looped part of the bungee and pull it back down in the direction indicated by #1 in the image below.

Once the bungee is visible, you can grab it and attach the windshield clip to the looped end and then slide it into the frame. There will be an audible clicking noise (indicated by step 2).

Take note of the orientation of the clip in the picture.

I know the image shows the windshield down but it's simply to show how the clips should be positioned and their orientation. You can 100% do this without dropping the windshield.

However, with the windshield up, you wouldn't be able to see the clips. Just wanted to clarify that.

I also have a video which I can upload and post. I'll do that shortly.

IMG_2641 copy 2.jpeg

Sponsored

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Hey Thomas! Andrew here.

I'd be more than happy to help you out. I'm assuming your only issue is with the front clips.

First thing's first: no need to drop the windshield. However, dropping the windshield does make it easier.

There's a little tool included which allows you to fish the bungee in between the windshield frame and front roll cage (make sure the t-bar portion is on the inside of the vehicle and you're fishing the looped version of the bungee forward).

Feed the tool from the bottom/front, pass it in the looped part of the bungee and pull it back down in the direction indicated by #1 in the image below.

Once the bungee is visible, you can grab it and attach the windshield clip to the looped end and then slide it into the frame. There will be an audible clicking noise (indicated by step 2).

Take note of the orientation of the clip in the picture.

I know the image shows the windshield down but it's simply to show how the clips should be positioned and their orientation. You can 100% do this without dropping the windshield.

However, with the windshield up, you wouldn't be able to see the clips. Just wanted to clarify that.

I also have a video which I can upload and post. I'll do that shortly.

IMG_2641 copy 2.jpeg
Andrew,

Problem is on my JL I can hardly get the cord down let alone get my fingers up there between plastic header panel and what appears to be bare metal from your picture and then slide it on to something I can not see. Obviously my problem at this point. However I am not the only one. Why not just use a bungee there as well.

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Andrew,

Problem is on my JL I can hardly get the cord down let alone get my fingers up there between plastic header panel and what appears to be bare metal from your picture and then slide it on to something I can not see. Obviously my problem at this point. However I am not the only one. Why not just use a bungee there as well.
It doesn't sound like you're using the fishing tool to make it easier for yourself though.

The first step is to simply pass the tool through the looped end of the t-bar bungee. Feed the tool from top to bottom. The ends of the tool will pop out below the front roll cage and then you can grab it and keep pulling it until you can grab the bungee itself.

With the looped end of the bungee in your fingers, remove the tool and then attach the windshield clip.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "Why not just use a bungee there as well." They're all bungees.

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
It doesn't sound like you're using the fishing tool to make it easier for yourself though.

The first step is to simply pass the tool through the looped end of the t-bar bungee. Feed the tool from top to bottom. The ends of the tool will pop out below the front roll cage and then you can grab it and keep pulling it until you can grab the bungee itself.

With the looped end of the bungee in your fingers, remove the tool and then attach the windshield clip.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "Why not just use a bungee there as well." They're all bungees.
I used the TOOL if that is what you call it.....As I have said a number of times on a number of threads I CAN NOT GET THE CLIPS ON using that technique. MY PROBLEM OBVIOUSLY...It seems I am not alone here. The difference is they decided to lower the windshield. I DO NOT WANT TO DROP THE WINDSHIELD. Your product indicates no need to do so. I have seen at least 3 folk who have had to drop windshield....The shade at this point useless unless I drop windshield..NOT WHAT I PAID for and I am the jerk here it seems....MAYBE you should advertise the potential need to drop windshield...

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Thomas, when I did the install, I opened the windshield slightly (i.e. I did not take the wipers off). Four bolts, easy-pezy. Yes, it's not necessary to open the windshield, but it does make it MUCH easier.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Even if don't have to lower the windshield to attach it, it sure does look like you have to lower the windshield to remove it. Anyone care to chime in?
Sponsored