deroliver

First Name
Derik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited 3.0 EcoDiesel
Hello!

I have a 2020 JLU EcoDiesel Sport. I am going to purchase some Rubicon take off wheels with KO2s for a good deal.

The seller is also selling his take off suspension. Is there a difference in ride height for the EcoDiesel Sport vs Rubicon? Would it be worth it to swap out the suspension as well?
Sponsored

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Hey do you know what your spring numbers? I just installed a diesel rubi suspension got about 3 inches all around.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If I recall correctly, the diesel springs are the same across all trim levels.

I also would not put springs from a gas rubi onto an ecodiesel because they will not compensate for the heavier engine. You’re more likely to see droop up front than lift.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
As long as the Rubi is also a diesel you can do the swap. The shocks are better on the Rubi, but the take-off suspension isn't worth all that much. If you're not paying a lot... Go for it.

Jeepertrash

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 jku, 2022 jlu
Hey do you know what your spring numbers? I just installed a diesel rubi suspension got about 3 inches all around.
I just picked up a complete jlurd suspension for my jlu sport s. I guessed 2.5 to 3 " lift may be expected. My only worry is it may ride really stiff do to less weight of the sport. How does yours ride and drive after this swap? Thanks.

Sponsored

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m picking up a take off JLU diesel hardtop suspension on Tuesday. I am worried if it’s going to give me too much of a lift height. At 200 bucks i thought I’ll take a shot

i currently have a jlu Sahara hardtop with mopar hd rock step slider, stamped steel bumper and winch,33s (285/70/17).. roof rack and roof top tent.
I’m hoping that i can get away with just 2” of lift from the take off spring with new 2-3” fox shocks

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Gas Rubicon suspensions will move you up to the height of a gas Rubicon. Diesel Rubicon suspensions will move you up to the height of a diesel Rubicon.

The weight of your vehicle will also be a factor.

I would expect the change to be noticeable but not as significant as a true lift.

Please give us an update when you have made the change. Some before and after pictures would be great.

Jeepertrash

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 jku, 2022 jlu
I have a diesel rubi take off and mopar lift LAS I will do the swap soon on my JLU sport S. I will get some good pictures and measurements as I go, as well as end results on how ride and handling may change.

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
I just picked up a complete jlurd suspension for my jlu sport s. I guessed 2.5 to 3 " lift may be expected. My only worry is it may ride really stiff do to less weight of the sport. How does yours ride and drive after this swap? Thanks.
Hey I don’t know if you put it on yet but I actually like the ride better overtime than the original altitude shocks and springs . I also moved up to 35s without any issues exact measurements of 34.8. Recalibrated the jeep . To be honest it drives the same as i had 33’s no lift , just have to brake a little more in advance 🤣😳. I also took the LCA from the Mopar lift and put those on to for caster . Hope this helps

Brandon WL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler
Hey I don’t know if you put it on yet but I actually like the ride better overtime than the original altitude shocks and springs . I also moved up to 35s without any issues exact measurements of 34.8. Recalibrated the jeep . To be honest it drives the same as i had 33’s no lift , just have to brake a little more in advance 🤣😳. I also took the LCA from the Mopar lift and put those on to for caster . Hope this helps
Hey Chief. I am in the same boat. I have a set of rubi diesel shocks, springs and mopar lcas. Do you have a JL or JLU? Is the ride super stiff? Are the diesel springs just longer and not stiffer?

Sponsored

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Hey Chief. I am in the same boat. I have a set of rubi diesel shocks, springs and mopar lcas. Do you have a JL or JLU? Is the ride super stiff? Are the diesel springs just longer and not stiffer?
Ill attach a picture here let me know if you get it. Also the springs and shocks are definitely longer. Yes more stiff but well needed over the floaty stock springs. I have a jlu by the way. Its an easy way to go about it, you can have someone install it or do it yourself very simple. Id ask @blnewt hes honestly great brandon and he helped me along the way. The first pic is with 33’s with the ecodiesel swap and the second and third are when i threw 35’s on them. Got about 3 inches all around. Let me know if you need anything else

D0DFDB10-F47D-4112-9BC2-940729BB8978.jpeg

CD951426-4907-44A6-BBBA-B9F691368AD4.jpeg

C9769736-758D-4A26-8532-F9A6A0F7F2D7.jpeg

Brandon WL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler
Ill attach a picture here let me know if you get it. Also the springs and shocks are definitely longer. Yes more stiff but well needed over the floaty stock springs. I have a jlu by the way. Its an easy way to go about it, you can have someone install it or do it yourself very simple. Id ask @blnewt hes honestly great brandon and he helped me along the way. The first pic is with 33’s with the ecodiesel swap and the second and third are when i threw 35’s on them. Got about 3 inches all around. Let me know if you need anything else

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU EcoDiesel Sport vs Rubicon suspension C9769736-758D-4A26-8532-F9A6A0F7F2D7

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU EcoDiesel Sport vs Rubicon suspension C9769736-758D-4A26-8532-F9A6A0F7F2D7

Just saw your reply. Dam, your jeep looks great. I'm fully convinced now.

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Just saw your reply. Dam, your jeep looks great. I'm fully convinced now.
I put the rough country bracket in back to lift it so it wouldn't rub. I have the taser but make sure you get that or flashcal for change tire size for recalibration and shift points .
Sponsored