JLU EcoDiesel Issue

pete_sd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Ok all i had an issue with my Eco Diesel when driving at freeway speeds it would act like it was missing and shudder a few times then drive fine, I would do this a few times while driving. I took it to the dealership and the said since there was no codes there was nothing that they can do. After the third time taking it to the dealership i talked to a manager and told them to have someone drive with me. It happened with them in the JLU. They sent it to a transmission guy and it ended up being the Tone Wheel . This was an issue that the Ram Trucks with the diesel had a recall for it. It looks like they used the same Tone Wheel for the JLU Diesel. So if you are running into and issue where you lose power ot freeway speeds this may be your issue.
Sponsored

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Ok all i had an issue with my Eco Diesel when driving at freeway speeds it would act like it was missing and shudder a few times then drive fine, I would do this a few times while driving. I took it to the dealership and the said since there was no codes there was nothing that they can do. After the third time taking it to the dealership i talked to a manager and told them to have someone drive with me. It happened with them in the JLU. They sent it to a transmission guy and it ended up being the Tone Wheel . This was an issue that the Ram Trucks with the diesel had a recall for it. It looks like they used the same Tone Wheel for the JLU Diesel. So if you are running into and issue where you lose power ot freeway speeds this may be your issue.
Thx for sharing
Sorry to hear this issue happened
Glad it happened with a tech inside with you as well
Can you please add more information
What year is your Model/Trim Eco-Diesel? How many miles did it start at?
Hope it gets fixed soon

OP
OP

pete_sd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Thx for sharing
Sorry to hear this issue happened
Glad it happened with a tech inside with you as well
Can you please add more information
What year is your Model/Trim Eco-Diesel? How many miles did it start at?
Hope it gets fixed soon
2021 JLUR with 21,000 miles on it. This would affect all Eco-Diesel's.

Same issue as the RAM

The problem: A part inside the engine called a tone wheel may lose its magnetic coating over time, which will make it unable to send an electrical signal to the engine’s crankshaft sensor. If this happens, the vehicle will no longer be able to sense how much fuel to send to the engine and when to send it, risking an engine stall.

I have had to have my CrankShaft sensor replaced before this so.

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
2021 JLUR with 21,000 miles on it. This would affect all Eco-Diesel's.

Same issue as the RAM

The problem: A part inside the engine called a tone wheel may lose its magnetic coating over time, which will make it unable to send an electrical signal to the engine’s crankshaft sensor. If this happens, the vehicle will no longer be able to sense how much fuel to send to the engine and when to send it, risking an engine stall.

I have had to have my CrankShaft sensor replaced before this so.
Wow, that's crazy
I have 4,200 miles on my JLUR Eco-Diesel so far
Appreciate the detailed reply
Hopefully it gets fixed fast🙏
Thanks for sharing
Sponsored