JLU Cargo Liner (bag style)

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Was at the dealer a few weeks ago, they had a JLU on the floor that was fitted with a Cargo liner in the back that strapped in around the bars and the headrests and seemed a pretty good fit. Seemed to be made out of the same stuff that the window bag is made from. Couldn't get a good answer from them on where to get one. Anyone have any suggestion/reviews on liners of this type?
Sponsored

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
Maybe " Dirty Dog " brand ? I have one, sounds like it. Very tough material

I have the Dirty Dog Cargo Liner. See image. I'm very happy with it. Rugged Ridge I believe makes one that is similar, but has extra adjustments for it.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 9.45.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 9.48.10 PM.png

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have the Dirty Dog Cargo Liner. See image. I'm very happy with it. Rugged Ridge I believe makes one that is similar, but has extra adjustments for it.

The dirty dog has extra adjustments or the Rugged Ridge does?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

I just ordered the ruggid ridge.. hope I'm happy with it.

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
I just ordered the ruggid ridge.. hope I'm happy with it.
I ordered the Dirty Dog, and am happy with it, but later after seeing the Rugged Ridge, I would have also considered ordering that one for it's additional features.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I ordered the Dirty Dog, and am happy with it, but later after seeing the Rugged Ridge, I would have also considered ordering that one for it's additional features.
Yeah it wasn't a lot more money, yet more custom fit so I went for it.

MileHigh

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Smittybuilt has one as well. Here's a link to it on Amazon. $99 and on Prime so it ships Free. Check out the details and pictures of it. I like it a lot. I think this will be the one we go with, unless someone on here has a negative experience with these. Seems like a great product and for a good price. I see this being $100, not $220 for the Rugged Ridge. I like companies that offer good products and a reasonable price.

https://www.amazon.com/Giraffes-Men...sr=8-15&swrs=CDB4B61F8FF6251733DBB24F8427E73D

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
Smittybuilt has one as well. Here's a link to it on Amazon. $99 and on Prime so it ships Free. Check out the details and pictures of it. I like it a lot. I think this will be the one we go with, unless someone on here has a negative experience with these. Seems like a great product and for a good price. I see this being $100, not $220 for the Rugged Ridge. I like companies that offer good products and a reasonable price.

https://www.amazon.com/Giraffes-Men...sr=8-15&swrs=CDB4B61F8FF6251733DBB24F8427E73D

Yes both the SmittyBuilt and Rugged Ridge have more adjustments and options to them than the DirtyDog.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yeah the Smitty Built looks pretty good. Having buyers remorse now since its a full $100 dollars less. I did notice that there are only 2 reviews which makes me think something may be up with that listing.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You get what you pay for ( sometimes) . The " Dirty Dog" is heavy duty, has stood up to my 3 GSDs, who can and do, test products to destruction. So far, no holes, tears, or even wear. Has tailgate flap, happy here..When ordering things like this, and seat covers, look at the shipping weight, it can be an indication of material thickness . Generally, heavier is better.

MileHigh

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
You get what you pay for ( sometimes) . The " Dirty Dog" is heavy duty, has stood up to my 3 GSDs, who can and do, test products to destruction. So far, no holes, tears, or even wear. Has tailgate flap, happy here..When ordering things like this, and seat covers, look at the shipping weight, it can be an indication of material thickness . Generally, heavier is better.
While I do agree with you on many products, you get what you pay for, I'm not seeing that here. Could the Rugged Ridge be a more robust product? Sure, I can see that as a possibility. I also look at products and compare them to what I think they should cost as well. From a Consumer point of view I need to weigh the benefit and advantage to a product to what I'm willing to pay. I don't see the need for a vinyl liner to cost $220. Maybe Rugged Ridge is worth it because it is make of some incredible fabric that costs way more, maybe. I do not need that kind of military coverage.

When I started to look at them I had a price point in mind, $100-150 max. All I kept finding was $200-220. It all seemed high for me and the few times I will actually use it. So, when I found a Smittybilt one, which is from a reputable company in the 4x4 community I thought this just may be what I'm looking for. I have not purchased it yet. But when and if I do, I will definitely report back with some feedback on the fit and quality.

KILROY_

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona "Bad Nanner" heavily modified, 2000 Ram 2500 V-10, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Vehicle Showcase
Love Harbor Freight moving blankets.
Yup that's what I did as well! Bought 2 for like $12 I lay one down for hauling my mountain bike. It protects my plastics and sub woofer from scratches and dirt and the bike stays safely locked inside and if I'm parked anywhere with it inside I use the second one to cover it up from prying eyes.
Sponsored