Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
🤘 2021 JLU SPORT S - SASQUATCH 🤘
Born july 29th, 2021
Almost.jpg

Picture from November 20, 2021

After spending some time reading the other builds I decided to add mine here too!

On the 29th of July, after long 4 months of waiting... I finally got her! Although it will be my daily drive, It will be slowly upgraded to a competent family offroader/overlander.

I have no intentions of rock crawling or intense offroad, and my km/l are still very important as I commute daily 100km.

Sasquatch is a 2021 Sting Grey JLU Sport S with the optionals of:
  • V6 E-torque engine
  • Hardtop
  • Anti Slip Rear Differential
  • Aux Switch
  • Upgraded Battery and Alternator
  • Tow Hitch
Nothing else. I debated on getting a Sahara, but I don't value a lot of the stuff that you pay on the Sahara and i could not afford a Rubicon! So let the mods begin.

Here are the first pictures taken!
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build WhatsApp Image 2021-08-19 at 09.24.46 (1)
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build WhatsApp Image 2021-08-19 at 09.24.47

Day one

PHASE ONE - 2021

Suspension Modifications:

Big Boy Shoes:

• 17" Black Rhino Kelsos (Thinking about plastic dip as well, as I dont like the way the logo looks like)
  • 315/70R17 on Goodyear Duratracs AT
Daily Driver Shoes:
  • 17" OEM Wheels black plasti dipped
  • 285/70R17 General Tires ATx
Lift Kit:
  • Teraflex 2.5" Sport ST2
  • Teraflex swaybar quick disconnect
  • Front Lower Sport Control Arms
  • Falcon SP2 2.1 Monotube Shock Kit (2-3.5" Lift)
  • Progressive Bump stops
On Board Air System:
  • ARB Single Compressor mounted under the seat
  • ARB Under the seat bracke
Communication:
  • MIDLAND 275MX GMRS installed under the steering wheel (check my rig build journal for the detail of the install location)
  • MIDLAND Handheld FSR radio for spotter calling out line
AUX Lights:
  • RIGID Industries Flood Pods Left and Right, on A pillar cowell.
  • AUX Beam Flood Pod facing back and attached to roof rack on a DIY bracket
  • Front facing SPOT light bar attached to roofrack
  • Replaced the tailgat windshield wiper cover with Oracle interior light cover
  • Oracle Lighting prerunner lights
Cargo Management:
  • Rhino Rack Backbone system and quick release legs
  • Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform
  • Rhino Rack Vortex Cross bars (used to transport canoe and will be hard fitted to RTT in Phase Two)
  • Quick Fist to secure shovel, axe and drybag with dirty stuff (usually muddy straps, or just trashbags)
  • DIY bracket to secure recovery board
  • DIY bracket to secure weatherproof case (recovery gear and tools go in here)
  • Teraflext Tire Carrier
  • Bracket to secure antenna to roofrack
Visual and Confort Modifications
  • Threedom Keyhole caps (on the mail! cant wait to see them put on)
  • Sasquatch's Fury back leather seat cover (sheep skin, poor men's cold weather pack)
  • Sasquatch decal on hood
  • black hinge cover on doors (still waiting for the rear door hinge cover to arrive)
  • Stybby antenna
  • Canadian Flag decal
Armour and Protection:
  • WESTIN Tubular Sidestep Slider
  • Rugged Ridge Entry guard pads
  • MOPAR Weather matts

PHASE TWO

Second modification wave will be starting 2022.

Trip Log

001. Berg Lake - BC - Sunday Funday
002. Thurston Loop - BC - Sunday Funday
003. Hale Creek - BC - Family Camping
004. East Harrison FSR to Grizzly Falls - BC - Sunday Funday
006. Silvester Road - BC - Sunday Funday

SalisburyLake.jpg

1637858702545.gif

1637858702506.gif
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
💸INSTALL - DECALS AND ANTENNA💸
30th of July 2021

The first "upgrades" really soft ones!

• Stubby antenna replacing the horrible OEM antenna.
  • Sasquatch Sticker applied to both sides of the hod
  • Canadian flag sticker to both sides above Jeep logo (was going with a Brazilian flag on one side, Canadian on the other, but heck, I'll leave my Brazilian roots to something else!)

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build sasq1

Underseat compressor is the next thing in!💰

Last edited:
OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
🏔001. Berg Lake - BC - Sunday Funday🗻
1st of August, 2021

On the same week we got Sasquatch, we took it for a scenic drive up to a "secret lake" in BC.

Nothing crazy on the trail, had lots of fun, was a nice hike and a fantastic view!

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build Chance1
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build Chance2
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build Chance4

Here are some pictures of the trip.

Next up, will be the ARB Compressor to be installed under the seat! Cant wait for it!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
💸 Install - On Board Air - ARB Under the Passenger Seat💰
18th of August, 2021
The first expensive upgrade I made to my Sasquatch Jeep was the install of the onboard air system. After pondering which compressor to install, I finally made up my mind after checking out two Jeeps airing up at the same time with different compressors, the single and the twin. I decided to install the single for it took a little more than 1:30 minutes to have all four 33 inch tires go from 20 psi to 36 psi. The almost double the price between compressors did not make sense to me.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build Compressor1

So the Single ARB Compressor was ordered, together with the ARB Air up kit. Initially, I planned to install under the hood, to facilitate wiring. And to not have the door open during winter time for air-ups. In the end, I was not happy with the install locations close to the brake booster or in the bracket suggested by a YouTuber, sitting right on top of the engine. In my opinion, just too warm, wet and dirty for the compressor. So under the seat was my next option. Purchased the ARB Bracket to match the compressor.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build Compressor2

For the install, we removed the seats and door to facilitate access. And 100% paid for it. Cutting the carpet was a little nerve breaking and to be honest, I believe it can be avoided. Or the amount cut could be less. The instruction calls for it I believe for the twin compressor. For the single, you should be ok to install without cutting the carpet.

Important to say that I did buy some extra hardware for the install:
  • Brass bulkhead to attach to the chuck and bracket. Ended up getting this pricey one at amazon after buying and returning quite a few cheaper ones that would not fit properly.​
  • high-pressure air hose to connect compressor and chuck​
  • 1/4 NPT brass connectors to be in between hose and chuck (recommend a L shaped connector to avoid the hose being in a funny position. )​
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build Compressor3
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build Compressor4
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build Compressor5

All went well during install, wiring was well tucked in between compressor and bracket, you can't see anything exposed. We ran the wires through the door sill all the way to the firewall behind the glovebox. We could not find a better place to wire to the battery and eventually went through the firewall. Still thinking of a better way to fully close the tiny hole pocked to get through the firewall. if someone has a suggestion of where to get through the cabin to the battery, please let me know.

At the end, all went well and the compressor look very slick and looks like a factory install. It works like a gem and I am extremely happy with it!

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build compressor6

This compressor will also work to activate Air Lockers, which I plan to have installed once the warranty is over, or once the Anti Slip Rear Diff clutches fail and requires replacement.

Well, for now thats all!

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Just one question.

Why do you want to add lockers?. You're saying you are not interesting in rock crawling or doing hard offroading. You don't need lockers. Your rear LSD and BLD will be more than enough for what you are planning.

If you like overlanding and like the idea of exploring, and worried that you might encounter hard terrain where lockers will save the day. It wont happen. Lockers will not save you, they will get you further and into even worst terrain. What you need is:

1) Know your vehicle, its limitations, and YOUR limitations as a driver. If you encounter an obstacle that you do not feel comfortable with, turn back.
2) If you don't understand #1 and use lockers without knowing where lockers are necessary, you WILL end up in a bad situation.
3) Do not go out alone.
4) Consider getting a winch and learn how to use it instead of lockers. You already have a rear LSD and BLD in your Jeep, it is PLENTY capable. A winch is what you need to get out of a bad situation if you do get stuck or want to safely get through a nasty obstacle. A winch will always get you through anything and more than a locker will ever do.
5) Take your Jeep on a guided challenging offroad trail. I know you don't want to do hard stuff but it will let you understand your ability and the capabilities of your Jeep and when lockers are very helpful. If you feel the Jeep is doing all the work and going through stuff then you are not learning. Try something with a good guide/spotter that actually challenges you.

Those of us who want to get lockers, we mostly want them because we want to get through pretty hard obstacles without using a winch. It is mostly an offroading challenge thing. Don't rush into it, it will be detrimental for your ability and you might end up using lockers where you really don't need to and getting yourself in trouble. Your decision to get lockers should always be based on experience.

OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Just one question.

Why do you want to add lockers?. You're saying you are not interesting in rock crawling or doing hard offroading. You don't need lockers. Your rear LSD and BLD will be more than enough for what you are planning.

If you like overlanding and like the idea of exploring, and worried that you might encounter hard terrain where lockers will save the day. It wont happen. Lockers will not save you, they will get you further and into even worst terrain. What you need is:

1) Know your vehicle, its limitations, and YOUR limitations as a driver. If you encounter an obstacle that you do not feel comfortable with, turn back.
2) If you don't understand #1 and use lockers without knowing where lockers are necessary, you WILL end up in a bad situation.
3) Do not go out alone.
4) Consider getting a winch and learn how to use it instead of lockers. You already have a rear LSD and BLD in your Jeep, it is PLENTY capable. A winch is what you need to get out of a bad situation if you do get stuck or want to safely get through a nasty obstacle. A winch will always get you through anything and more than a locker will ever do.
5) Take your Jeep on a guided challenging offroad trail. I know you don't want to do hard stuff but it will let you understand your ability and the capabilities of your Jeep and when lockers are very helpful. If you feel the Jeep is doing all the work and going through stuff then you are not learning. Try something with a good guide/spotter that actually challenges you.

Those of us who want to get lockers, we mostly want them because we want to get through pretty hard obstacles without using a winch. It is mostly an offroading challenge thing. Don't rush into it, it will be detrimental for your ability and you might end up using lockers where you really don't need to and getting yourself in trouble. Your decision to get lockers should always be based on experience.
They why I want to add a locker is very good question and I ask myself the same thing. Truth is, as you mentioned, for my application, I really don't need a locker.

However, I do know that Jeep LSD clutch will eventually fail. If that happens under warranty, then ill have a new one installed. If that happens out of warranty, I will have to get it fixed. Instead of replacing it with another one, I'll have the lockers installed.

Also, I don't think lockers safe the day. Lockers open a variety of new games. Which and traction board saves the day! And those are planned upgrades, way before any locker.

On top of that it also gives me the oportunity to at at some time, challenge myself on those trails to explore the lockers and who knows... maybe I get into rock crawling.

This is my first fancy 4x4. I used to own a 1984 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 93 TJ, both I had lockers installed. Back home, most of the offroading required some steep climbing. Which with such heavy car like the 84FJ was, the lockers made a huge difference. Sold my TJ with the axle cracked, probably because os abuse of the locker.

Anyway, I am no expert! however, I do understand how they break stuff!

OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
🏔 002. Thurston Loop - BC - Sunday Funday⛰
8th of August 2021​

The second adventure of SSQTCH was the Thurston Loop or Chipmunk Creek FSR Loop. Its a well know easy loop close to Chiliwack in British Columbia. There is a "playgrounds" along the trail, where you can pull in and go test your skills ons some steep ascents/descents, try some flexing and different angle approach. Its also a good spot to pull over and just relax and have lunch.

The loop is around 50 / 60 kms depending on how you approach it. You will be climbing up to 1500 Meters altitude, so can get chilly! There is a location where you can opt to go up the well known in BC Widow Maker! Still running on the stock all season tires that came with my Sport S, I did not challenge the steep hill.

The trail itsellf promises gorgeous fews from some lookout areas, however, we chose a day that was foggy and we could not get much of a view. Regardless, we gathered between the three families and chatted while having lunch at this lookout area.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build thurston1

Thurston Loop - Misty Mountain View

Its a fun loop to be done in a day, its not technical but could be scary with a very sketchy shelf road portion where my wife, not used to offroading, actually cried for being scared of the dropoff. Definitly a route I would not experiece when snow is probable.

The other Tip I give about the location is to arrive super early. Some sections, like the sketchy shelf road portion, there is not enough space for two cars to pass. So in case you meet another group, it will be a very scary situation to back up on that sort of road.

Below a little video of the trip, click to watch!
Thats all for now!

Last edited:

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
The first "upgrades" really soft ones!

• Stubby antenna replacing the horrible OEM antenna.
  • Sasquatch Sticker applied to both sides of the hod
  • Canadian flag sticker to both sides above Jeep logo (was going with a Brazilian flag on one side, Canadian on the other, but heck, I'll leave my Brazilian roots to something else!)

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build thurston5

Underseat compressor is the next thing in!
What’s wrong with the pen antenna! Mine works ok.

Sponsored

OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
What’s wrong with the pen antenna! Mine works ok.
More just aesthetics... Really don't like the long antenna.

OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Install - Tera Flex 2.5' lift kit and Falcon S/T Shocks + Quick Sway disconnect
21st of August 2021​

The first big install done to SSQTCH was Tera Flex's 2.5 kit with Falcon shocks. I was sold on to this after researching the multiple combinations for lift. At the end, it came to me that the Tera combination is engineered together and most of their stuff is Jeep related. So agreed that it would fit like a glove and I would not have much problems.

I was also heavily influenced by Paul at Epic Adventures. Not only for the Teraflex kit, but also in getting the lift done before other mods. It paid well, as the budget I ended up using for the lift, would've been splitted between low budget front/rear bumper, whinch and 285/70R17 budget Tires.

Installing the lift first, took care of a big chunk of my Jeep Mod budget, but gave me more time to think about what would be installed, save money and install what would actually be nicer/better quality, however much more expensive. That being said, Bumpers, whinch, wheels and tires are now a future plan for the end of the year only.

That also means that for now (August), and probably until December, I will be running the SSQTCh on the factory wheel/tire set, giving me a funny look with the 2.5 lift! NO LEG DAY!

The pictures below are a mix of before and after the install was done, so might see a side step that was yet introduced here!

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build LIFT1
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build LIFT2

The following weekend the lift was installed, I took my wife and son on a trail that I am used to do, called Hale Creek, on the West Margin of Harrison Lake, BC. I know the trail well, however never drove it down on a Wrangler. I was so happy to use the quick sway bar disconnect and just how the Jeep performs with it disconnected.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build LIFT3
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build LIFT4

The lift gave me clearence to rocks that before I know it would scrape underneath. Also the sway bar disconnect is such a huge upgrade on the trail. I am very happy with the lift kit and can't wait to have the tires/wheels installed to get rid of the funny no leg day looks!

OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Install - WESTIN Triple Tube Rock Rail Stels
1st of September, 2021

https://www.4wheelparts.ca/p/westin-triple-tube-rock-rail-steps-42-6025/_/R-BCTC-42-6025

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build westin1

On the day of the install, I left my phone inside the car when lifted it on the hoist, so did not take any pictures of the install. Unfortunetely.

Anyway, the reason why I chose this steps where because:
  • Budget friendly
  • No Drill
  • Bolted to the frame
  • Rocker protection
  • doubles as a decent step for the wife!
Install was pretty simple, I had a buddy installing with me and it probablly took around 45 minutes per side. If we consider the setup, add another 30 minutes. The handy plastic holders where awesome to hold down the bolts in place, and super easy instructions. The only note is that the isntructions tell to remove the big frame to body bolts, which was not necessary. You can go around them and only remove the smaller bolts around it.

Another good advice I can give about instaling this rail is to only tighten the bolts after all of them are in place. Then tighen a bit on each one, instead of tighenting the front ones, then the middle ones than the rear ones.

The only complication we had during install was for both rear bolt on locations. The C-Like mountain point is to narrow for our deep sockets. We tackled the issue using a prybar to push against the C-Like wall while the other guy bolted the bolt in.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build 1636991431576

Highlighted in yellow the C-Like mounting point that was harder to install and required prying.

I read online before buying that there where some Jeepers commenting about creaking noise from the sidesteps. I had none, and believe one of the reasons is that we did not remove the bigger bolt that slides right into the C-Like mounting point. Also, because we would tighten each of the three locations a little bit at a time right before reaching spec torque.

I am very happy with the look it gave SSQTCH and that now my wife is not complaing that much about the lift anymore. Its not the best step, as its kind of short, but it does have a rough surface preventing slips. An additional function that would be later much appreciated is easier access for rootop/rack cargo management.

I am so happy with the Westin product that I now have their front bumper stepping up as the top contender to be mounted in the front of SSQTCH when the time comes!

Thats all for now!

OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Install - MXT275 Midland Radio
4th of September, 2021

When I ordered my Jeep early in 2021, I was convinced that I would be installing a CB Radio, and already planned wiring the antenna from the back together with electrical wires for lights running from the back, at the same time I had a Tire Carrier upgrade done. Therefore, I would be using handheld FSR radios until it all got installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build 1637163253422

Turns out that after I got my Jeep and started wheeling with my buddies and locals in BC. I noticed that almost nobody had only CB in their offroaders. Those who had, also had handheld FSR radios, and mostly used them instead of the CB radios. There are a lot of people that use LMR radios. However at this time, I do not want to invest in licensing etc.

All of this helped me make a decision that I would keep using the GSRM frequencies. The biggest con I had was that my handheld radios had very low battery life and I would have to swap them whenever overnight trips or long drives and lots of talking.

With that being said, I opted to have a GSRM system hard installed to my Jeep. I chose Midland's MXT275 after some great reviews and youtube videos about how easy to use, good range and clear crisp reception.

The radio comes with antenna, wiring harness to connect to cigarette lighter (later converted and connected to aux wires in cabin) handheld radio and a base unit with the brains of the radio system. I initially ran it just connected to the cigarette lighter until I made up my mind about the install location. At first, I was going to use industrial grade velcro to have it attached to the centre console on the passenger side and just leave the handheld in the cup holder. But was slightly incovinient as I do like to wheel with a nice warm/cold drink bottle. And the handheld was getting in the way.

My next option was behind the glovebox. I test fitted, but was not happy with the coil distance to the handheld. And gave up on having it installed there. I then learned about the location under the steering wheel cover. Which would be easy to access and perfect to wire the antenna and power cords. I used zipties to tie it down and see how it would work. It was the perfect location!

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build 1637163739072

I noticed that with the zipties, there was some shaking and rattling from the base unit. I knew from the post made by @mark203 (CLICK HERE FOR POST), about the Mopar bracket. So I called a dealer up and ordered the Module Bracket - Mopar (68294415AA) . Part number is the bracket only, not the module. I have a Sport S, so nothing is mounted to that location.

The part was really cheap, the botls where more expensive than the bracket itself, so I just found some on my own and istalled it to my Jeep. It was super straightforward. At the same time, I adapted the wiring harness that came with the radio, and passed it under the centre console to the passenger side, where is used the factory wiring that came with the AUX Switch group. The antenna I wired under the carpet all the way to the back of the Jeep. It is magnetic and sticks to the roll bar for now. Once I get my Rhino Rack Installed, I will have the antenna sticking on a steel bracket to the rack, enhancing range.

I had
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU BR Sasquatch Build 1637165428141
the handheld holder with double sided tape as on the video above for a bit until I foud the loacation where I actually wanted it fitted for good. I also tried a RAM mount ball, attached RAM Mount long bracket, and the same mic holder with double sided tape. But it was just too munch in the way of the controls to the radio, AC and other stuff on the centre console control panel. After some digging around, I ordered from Amazon this handy mounting solution that stays in good reach on the passenger side grab handle facing the driver. Super easy to install, and no shaking or vibrations. The handheld coiled cable kind of gets a little in the way, but after a while you get used. On my daily drive I mostly have the handheld hidden behind the under steering cover, where the base unit is installed, and when wheeling, I will pull it out.

LINK FOR PRODUCT ON AMAZON.CA

After a few trips I am very satisfied with the radio unit and will definitly recommend it to whoever is considering GMRS and a unit that can be hard installed to the car. The location under the steering wheel is perfect, clean and out of sight when you want to hide the handheld mic. You can also disconect the handheld device any time and store it. The location is also very close to the plug (on automatic onlys), that covers the location where the clutch pedal would come in on manuals. Giving a good access point to the exterior of the vehicle to mount an antenna. I have such good reception running the antenna through the interior of the Jeep that I haven't taken that route to install an aftermarket antenna with higher range.

Thats all for now!

OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Install - Rhino Rack Backbone and Pioneer Platform
23rd of October, 2021
After a long wait, I finally had in hands the backbone system to be installed. Together with the backbone, I will have the pioneer platform fixed on a regular base and the Vortex Crossbars, mounted onto during summer for canoe trips. Eventually, the vortex bars will be fitted to a rooftop tent in a way that they will be always together. Swapping it with the platform from time to time when RTT calls for.

The install procedure was pretty straight forward following the instructions and video. You can't get it wrong if you lay down all parts and follow instructions.

The only WTF moment we had was on both front casters. We drilled using the measurements, and exactly as instructed. However, the hole would not align to the bracket that sat on the cage. We had to elongate the hole, making it more of an oval, than a circle, and then it fitted in perfectly.

Both right and left sides had the same issue having to elongate the hole. We thought of forcing it to aling to the initial hole, but then it would always be under tension. Increasing the probability of cracking.

About one mont after having the platform installed, I had an unfortunate moment of hitting a shopping mall height limiter. It said 220 CM, as I stand 210 with my rack and lift and tires. At the time, I just backed up and parked elsewhere. It was a very light touch, as we were very slow. Turns out that a couple days later, under heavy raind, I started notcing water collecting on my rubber matts. Thought My son spilled something. Dried up, and on the next day, all wet again. Leading me to inspect the instalation.

One of the screws from the caster on the front right caster, was leaking water into the cabin. I believe that the impact on the height limiter was enough to break the seal on that single screw. Back to the shop, I reinstalled that single caster and added more seal around the drilled hole and also on top of the bolt, just to prevent any water that pooled above the bolt, to come down. I repeated this same thing on the other side, just to be safe.

Since the re-seal happened, we had heavy rain and some snow up here, and no more water is leaking in. None of the other holes had any water leak at any time.

Another thing I must mention, I managed to get a used Pioneer Platform, that was not a JL model one, but for a JK. So the crossbars in it did not match the caster mounting locations. I had to measure the distance between the casters, and drill holes to where the platform would actually be attached to. It was not hard at all, but took quite a bit of test fitting untill it matched perfectly. Pretty sure that this would not be possible if the platform had some sort of bend/twist to it.

So guys looking for used platforms to they backbones... please be aware to check if its twisted.

I don't have pictures from the install. But the Jeep is looking good with its new hat on!

With the platform on, I am now working on DIY brackets to have my maxtrax and weather tight box secured to the platform. Once those are done, I will add to the build journal.
Sponsored