First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
I just discovered there is a front only JTops cover! I'm ready to order it, even though I already have the full shade, because I just don't always need the full shade on.

So my question is, can the bikini top be installed and removed with the hardtop in place?
Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I just discovered there is a front only JTops cover! I'm ready to order it, even though I already have the full shade, because I just don't always need the full shade on.

So my question is, can the bikini top be installed and removed with the hardtop in place?
The JTops web site clearly states "Never has to be removed! Can be left on under hard/soft tops!".

OP
OP

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
The JTops web site clearly states "Never has to be removed! Can be left on under hard/soft tops!".
Which has absolutely nothing to do with my question. You can leave the full on 100% of the time as well, but it can't be properly installed with the hardtop on.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I have found,with the hard top in place, there is not enough clearance between the hard top and the speaker bar for the full JTop to be pulled in either direction to be removed. I ended up loosening the hard top bolts and pushed up on the hard top a half inch or so to be able to pull it over the speaker bar.

After looking at the bikini pictures, I don't think it would have the same problem, since it is all on one side. There may be an issue pushing the buckle between the hard top and the speaker bar with out pushing the hard top up.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
@JTopsUSA

Can you guys adapt your design to work with Bestop’s Sunrider retractable top? I’m kinda tired of waiting on them.

Chuck Lawson

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited - Bikini Pearl
Is the JL Bikini compatible with the Sky One Touch top?
Sponsored