First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Algorithmic Trading Strategies
I'm very interested in this and see it's on sale for $1,699 from CarID....are you planning on using your AUX switches for the On/Off Switch that's included with the kit? After install can you post pics?
I waited so long for that part to be ready, it gave me time to change my mind. The cost, lack of protection, and thought that I might have to fix and maintain the power step drove me to something simpler.

I ended up going with these: http://www.gorhino.com/Dominator-D6

Heavy duty, provides a long step, rocker protection, and you can easily bolt/unbolt extenders for those times maximum ground clearance doesn't matter.

I still like the ActionTrac though, and would have had it on my Jeep if it came sooner. Using the aux switch is an interesting idea, I didn't think of that. However, if you plan on running with doors off, I would mount it closer to the door frame so you can easily switch it to get in.
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I waited so long for that part to be ready, it gave me time to change my mind. The cost, lack of protection, and thought that I might have to fix and maintain the power step drove me to something simpler.

I ended up going with these: http://www.gorhino.com/Dominator-D6

Heavy duty, provides a long step, rocker protection, and you can easily bolt/unbolt extenders for those times maximum ground clearance doesn't matter.

I still like the ActionTrac though, and would have had it on my Jeep if it came sooner. Using the aux switch is an interesting idea, I didn't think of that. However, if you plan on running with doors off, I would mount it closer to the door frame so you can easily switch it to get in.
Not sure what kind of protection those offer for the underside of the pinch seam but if your looking for another option I just installed the NFab RKR sliders with removable step.

6E486115-3EB0-4AAC-83D7-21C1E7A84558.jpeg

7665155F-A489-4E5E-B516-82F1187BE7C0.jpeg

AF4A41C9-C760-4358-A9FC-C207467987F4.jpeg

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Not sure what kind of protection those offer for the underside of the pinch seam but if your looking for another option I just installed the NFab RKR sliders with removable step.
Very nice! Dig it.

One thing I really like about the stock Rubicon sliders is how they completely cover the pinch seam, giving it a finished look.

I've been toying with the idea of trying to bolt the GoRhino steps onto the Rubicon sliders, or cut and weld pieces of the sliders to the step to cover the seam.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Very nice! Dig it.

One thing I really like about the stock Rubicon sliders is how they completely cover the pinch seam, giving it a finished look.

I've been toying with the idea of trying to bolt the GoRhino steps onto the Rubicon sliders, or cut and weld pieces of the sliders to the step to cover the seam.
I will get a picture underneath later so you can see how it mounts around the pinch seam - you could always order ACE I believe they fit with the Rubicon rails installed.

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
I will get a picture underneath later so you can see how it mounts around the pinch seam - you could always order ACE I believe they fit with the Rubicon rails installed.
Those look super good! Pretty much what I'm looking for in terms of coverage, but I need a step (kid, wife, parents).

It may be possible to bolt the Dominator steps on too.

ACE_rails.png pairdropsteps.jpg

Sponsored

jassem99

First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Coming soon it seems. Part number has gone live: 75132-01A

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Yes, that's a
Yep, that part #is the AMP PowerStep. Its is 100% a automatic running board, and not at all meant for rock sliding, unless you want to break your $1300 motorized steps.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I had them on my 16 JKU and they worked great. I'v had these ordered since 9/2 from 4wheel parts.com for $1023.37 plus tax including shipping and they tell me they will be shipped in a few days. We will see.

Last edited:

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
looks like 75132-01A is now discontinued

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
looks like 75132-01A is now discontinued
Interesting. One thing i noticed after using them a bit is they don't deploy out as far as they did on my JKU. I did call them and discussed it with them. They called me back after talking to the engineer's and said the distance between the pinch weld [below the doors] and the frame was less on the JL's than the JK's so the redesign hinges could not be made to go out as far.

Sponsored

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Very nice! Dig it.

Have you tried putting go rhino or other steps directly on the vehicle like you mentioned?

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited MOAB - 2019 RAM Limited
If you hadn't heard, the AMP steps are finally out I see. Waiting to see how the install went for others :) I like the basic steps that give it the Rubicon rock rail look.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
me too, install instructions are available on amp website, other than the splicing it looks easy, I was wondering if they will have odb plug n play option as that would be ideal

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Install wasn't too bad but no way could i get down there and do the splicing of the wires. My wife is small [5' 2"]and she was able to make the connections ok.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
If you hadn't heard, the AMP steps are finally out I see. Waiting to see how the install went for others :) I like the basic steps that give it the Rubicon rock rail look.
I bought a set but they wouldn’t fit the way my long arm lift was. When they rolled they hit where the lift bolted up.
Sponsored