JLU aftermarket front bumper for Blue Ox flat tow yoke

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Anyone planning on flat towing their new JLU? Looks like Blue Ox makes a base plate for the JL to use with the stock Bumper. Do any of the aftermarket bumper folks make a bumper that can be used with a blue ox yoke?
Sponsored

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
LOD and Hard Rock both have JL front bumpers and Blue Ox tow bar adapters. Currie Industries, who have a JK base plate, will also be releasing a JL version, that will work with a Blue Ox tow bar, shortly.

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the LOD bumper with blue ox adapters on order it should be here in 2 weeks Here is a pic from there website,

lod bumper.jpg

OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked out the Signature vs. Destroyer. I like the looks of the Destroyer better than the Signature but why is the Winch mounted so high on the Destroyer vs. the Signature?

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just checked out the Signature vs. Destroyer. I like the looks of the Destroyer better than the Signature but why is the Winch mounted so high on the Destroyer vs. the Signature?
I'm with you, but I'll go with the Signature series to get the winch down and out of the way of the radiator. I had a winch mounted up high on my JK and I had zero issue with overheating, but I just feel better with it lower. As far as why, I'm going to speculate that they built the Destroyer to tuck in tighter to the front increasing approach angles.

Sponsored

ShabbyLeo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr
I just found out that it's possible to change the ends of my blue ox tow bar so it will attach to an after market bumper's 1" d-ring brackets. Posting this info here so it may help someone find this info easier that's looking for options.
https://www.blueox.com/towing-accessories/bx88296/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm with you, but I'll go with the Signature series to get the winch down and out of the way of the radiator. I had a winch mounted up high on my JK and I had zero issue with overheating, but I just feel better with it lower. As far as why, I'm going to speculate that they built the Destroyer to tuck in tighter to the front increasing approach angles.
Two year later followup. I ended up with the Hardrock Aluminum Patriot Midwidth and flat tow with a R
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU aftermarket front bumper for Blue Ox flat tow yoke IMG_0457
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU aftermarket front bumper for Blue Ox flat tow yoke IMG_0323
oadmaster hitch.

Hank20

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Two year later followup. I ended up with the Hardrock Aluminum Patriot Midwidth and flat tow with a R
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU aftermarket front bumper for Blue Ox flat tow yoke IMG_0323
oadmaster hitch.
How do you like the set up? I am looking for a bumper/ set up now for my 2020 that I can use my Blue Ox bar on .
Thanks,
Henry

OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like the set up? I am looking for a bumper/ set up now for my 2020 that I can use my Blue Ox bar on .
Thanks,
Henry
It worked flawlessly towing from Washington State to Anchorage Alaska. Very happy with the bumper. Love the Loadmaster Nighthawk tow yoke and the use of the Duo Stay in Play brake.

AndyMcConnell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR, 2018 Entegra Insignia 44R
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone planning on flat towing their new JLU? Looks like Blue Ox makes a base plate for the JL to use with the stock Bumper. Do any of the aftermarket bumper folks make a bumper that can be used with a blue ox yoke?

We use the Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot Aluminum bumper, with the add-on tow brackets for Blue Ox. Works great.
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU aftermarket front bumper for Blue Ox flat tow yoke Jeep-Soldiers Pass

Sponsored

OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We use the Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot Aluminum bumper, with the add-on tow brackets for Blue Ox. Works great.
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU aftermarket front bumper for Blue Ox flat tow yoke Jeep-Soldiers Pass

We have the same bumper in the mid-width and use a Roadmaster Nighthawk tow yoke.

Hank20

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
We have the same bumper in the mid-width and use a Roadmaster Nighthawk tow yoke.
Did you choose aluminum based on the weight difference or another preference? My first thought is the steel would be stronger and they appear to be a couple hundred cheaper? New to Jeep life so any feedback would be great help.

Thanks.,
Henry

OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you choose aluminum based on the weight difference or another preference? My first thought is the steel would be stronger and they appear to be a couple hundred cheaper? New to Jeep life so any feedback would be great help.

Thanks.,
Henry

Yes I chose the aluminum for the weight savings. The winch is heavy enough.