Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Got the new bumper on a few weeks ago and towed it around with RV, worked great. Thanks for the info and sending me in the right direction !!

New Bumper .jpg

New Bumper 2.jpg

I found it easier to do the winch at the same time. It was very difficult to get to the winch bolts with the bumper installed.
Sponsored

Hank20

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I found it easier to do the winch at the same time. It was very difficult to get to the winch bolts with the bumper installed.
I can see adding the winch later being a challenge, wanted to get it on for road trip and winch wont be coming along for a while. I didnt want to rush and get a cheap winch to just get one in, so saving up and when it is time to get the right one, will probably pull bumper back down and install them together.

It was harder getting the stock bumper off than getting this one on, was very happy with no cutting or welding, direct bolt on was great..

Thanks again for the recommendations and feedback !!

OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
I can see adding the winch later being a challenge, wanted to get it on for road trip and winch wont be coming along for a while. I didnt want to rush and get a cheap winch to just get one in, so saving up and when it is time to get the right one, will probably pull bumper back down and install them together.

It was harder getting the stock bumper off than getting this one on, was very happy with no cutting or welding, direct bolt on was great..

Thanks again for the recommendations and feedback !!
Did you use the long spacers? Did you save the others? My winch touches the grill and I used the long spacers.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
The Smittybilt XRC narrow bumper has 1” wide d-ring anchors. The Blue Ox adapters fit just right. No slop.
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU aftermarket front bumper for Blue Ox flat tow yoke 13786265-270B-447B-9BBA-CB287D1998A3
Sponsored