Sponsored

JLU 2.5 Inch Adventure System - TT Rock Krawler

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Does anyone have this RK kit? I have done a couple of searches and not finding much feedback. Seems like many refer to different stages which this doesn't specifically say a stage? I have a 2021 Willys with 4cy Turbo. Wife just wants a little boost and 35s, prefer to keep the stock Willys black rims if possible and I am more interested in a kit than a spacer lift. Won't be doing any offroading soon. My local shop recommended it with the shocks included instead of pairing with something else.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have this RK kit? I have done a couple of searches and not finding much feedback. Seems like many refer to different stages which this doesn't specifically say a stage? I have a 2021 Willys with 4cy Turbo. Wife just wants a little boost and 35s, prefer to keep the stock Willys black rims if possible and I am more interested in a kit than a spacer lift. Won't be doing any offroading soon. My local shop recommended it with the shocks included instead of pairing with something else.
I’ve installed and drove this kit, it’s a great on road ride with the TT shocks. The only problem is they recommend 4.5” backspace on your rims to clear the lcas at full lock turn. I’m not sure what the stock wheels are but you might need wheel spacers or adjust your turn stops depending on backspacing of willys wheel. This may be a deal breaker for you but it’s a solid kit that will serve you well.

OP
OP
Mudawg10

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
I’ve installed and drove this kit, it’s a great on road ride with the TT shocks. The only problem is they recommend 4.5” backspace on your rims to clear the lcas at full lock turn. I’m not sure what the stock wheels are but you might need wheel spacers or adjust your turn stops depending on backspacing of willys wheel. This may be a deal breaker for you but it’s a solid kit that will serve you well.
Thanks! I am not opposed to getting new wheels, my wife just likes the look of the Willys rims. Which I understand are basically Rubicon wheels just painted black. I would prefer not to run wheel spacers but I guess that's not a big deal. I have to do some research on backspace because I don't understand that.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I am not opposed to getting new wheels, my wife just likes the look of the Willys rims. Which I understand are basically Rubicon wheels just painted black. I would prefer not to run wheel spacers but I guess that's not a big deal. I have to do some research on backspace because I don't understand that.
Yeah, RK puts the bend in the lower control arm up for ground clearance as opposed to inward like the ones on your willys now. So you need to run 4.5” of back space to clear them. Backspace is the distance from the mounting surface to the inside edge or back of the wheel.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely looks like would need wheel spacers. Also believe the smallest is 1.5” with that wheel style, may even be 1.75” because of stud length.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...lys-wheels-specifications.58269/#post-1256620

mac6898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
Not sure if this might be a solution for you to keep the same look but avoid using wheel spacers. Quadratec offers a replica version of the Willys/Moab wheel that is 8.5 wide. You can also add Jeep logo center caps and the little grey Jeep stickers to finish off the look too.

Quadratec-Morphic-Wheel-Black.jpg
Sponsored