Sponsored

JLRU Manual T Forced Induction Experience (ProCharger supercharger)

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Nothing yet. Car is with Procharger in Kansas City.
Appreciate the updates...

Has ProCharger mentioned if this issue seems to be common or if it seems isolated to your installation?

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Appreciate the updates...

Has ProCharger mentioned if this issue seems to be common or if it seems isolated to your installation?
Just mine. Mine is one of the very few with manual transmission which may make a difference since the belt seems to have come off in hard shifting. I haven’t seen any reports of the others here in the forum.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the Jeep back on the road. I’m in Illinois so my daughter picked it up in Kansas. I haven’t driven it yet. She says it feels fine. I’ll report when I drive it.

Gerry878

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Banker
Got the Jeep back on the road. I’m in Illinois so my daughter picked it up in Kansas. I haven’t driven it yet. She says it feels fine. I’ll report when I drive it.
Looking forward to the update. Hoping all is well. Cheers!

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Great to hear!

And thanks for the answer regarding your being "different" because it's manual.
Looking forward to hear how you make out.

I had a deal worked out for the "P" Turbo install and a tune from a great Mopar tuner, but it fell through as the installer backed out over complaints they were getting with the Turbo kit. It's come down to the ProCharger or step up for engine swap...

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting token is that when the belt came off last time I got upset and removed the pro charger unit. I wasn’t going to just install the belt back on and risk the whole drive from Chicago to Kansas City. It took me a few hours to re-position the alternator back in place and fit the old belt. The engine still had the high flow fuel injectors and the tuning. I can tell you it run really well. I drove it for a week and I thought to myself, people scared to invest in the Sc, should consider the tuning and the injectors alone. I only have my pants feeling, but it sure feels better than stock. (I wasn’t happy with performance out of the box) sure, you have to run premium, but that’s beyond the point.

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Interesting token is that when the belt came off last time I got upset and removed the pro charger unit. I wasn’t going to just install the belt back on and risk the whole drive from Chicago to Kansas City. It took me a few hours to re-position the alternator back in place and fit the old belt. The engine still had the high flow fuel injectors and the tuning. I can tell you it run really well. I drove it for a week and I thought to myself, people scared to invest in the Sc, should consider the tuning and the injectors alone. I only have my pants feeling, but it sure feels better than stock. (I wasn’t happy with performance out of the box) sure, you have to run premium, but that’s beyond the point.
Hell I have to run premium in my 3.6 m/t anyway....haha. Helps out the lugging/chugging/pinging at low RPMs. The off-idle power of this thing is horrid, and premium fuel has seemed to help that.
Sounds like I
should get injectors and a tune! haha

Sponsored

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got to drive the Jeep today. It’s awesome. Let’s see if the belt stays in place. I am optimistic.

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven’t timed the 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile in the Jeep. I’ve meaning to do it so yesterday I got an app on my phone and decided to check it.
It didn’t go as expected :headbang:
I decided to engage 4x4 to avoid tire burning. Stepped on the gas and let go of the clutch. Took off like hell and redlined too quickly for my shifting. When the engine cut off I knew I had missed my timed run. Shifted to second and to my surprise it redlined again almost immediately. So shifted to third and lo behold back to redline immediately. That’s when I realized what was happening. Even though the car was accelerating, the engine was overpowering the clutch.:facepalm: That was yesterday and even today stinks inside.
That was all operator error.:angry: I will eventually need a stronger clutch, but for the time being just got to be conscious of the issue.
I’ll try again later this week but for sure it won’t be a good run until I master the matter. I won’t try 4x4 again, but still have to manage wheel spin. :whew:
Any of you guys running Auto Transmission have timed it? I would like a reference point.
On the good side the belt stayed in place. :like:

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Wow it sounds like that thing has a ton of torque! I'm jealous, wish they weren't so dang expensive.
On a good note, a clutch shouldn't cost too much, unless it's some strange size/design that drives the price up?

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t timed the 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile in the Jeep. I’ve meaning to do it so yesterday I got an app on my phone and decided to check it.
It didn’t go as expected :headbang:
I decided to engage 4x4 to avoid tire burning. Stepped on the gas and let go of the clutch. Took off like hell and redlined too quickly for my shifting. When the engine cut off I knew I had missed my timed run. Shifted to second and to my surprise it redlined again almost immediately. So shifted to third and lo behold back to redline immediately. That’s when I realized what was happening. Even though the car was accelerating, the engine was overpowering the clutch.:facepalm: That was yesterday and even today stinks inside.
That was all operator error.:angry: I will eventually need a stronger clutch, but for the time being just got to be conscious of the issue.
I’ll try again later this week but for sure it won’t be a good run until I master the matter. I won’t try 4x4 again, but still have to manage wheel spin. :whew:
Any of you guys running Auto Transmission have timed it? I would like a reference point.
On the good side the belt stayed in place. :like:
Have you decided what clutch you are going to upgrade to? I’m thinking of going with the Edelbrock when it’s available and just doing the clutch at the same time.
Sponsored