Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Flame suit on. Would there be any showstoppers swapping stock JLR and JLUR XR axles? Hear me out...

I’m building up my ‘21 JLR. Ordered CT3 3.5” long arm kit, Falcon 3.3s, KM3 37s, and upgraded steering and driveshafts. Will wait on a gear swap until after I have felt how it drives and wheels with the combo of 37s / 4.10 gears / 2.0T engine / 8AT. I feel like it’s currently geared a little low with stock 33s. I’m guessing I’ll only want 4.56 gears if I decide to regear. Almost not worth it to change one size.

I‘m thinking about ordering a ‘22 JLUR XR now that it can come with the 2.0T engine and wanted a limited edition color (High Velocity Yellow).

The built ‘21 JLR will see much rougher stuff while the ‘22 JLUR XR will remain stock besides a winch (much lighter trails and Turo rental). Both engines and transfer cases would be the same.

Why? I want the stronger axles and shorter 4.56 gears in the ‘21 JLR on 37s. ‘22 JLUR XR on 35s will be fine with the 2.0T turning the 4.10 gears. Labor for the swap will be free. Will need a Taser for the XR to change the transfer case gearing.

If this swap is possible, I’d order the XR with the same transfer case as my JLR (part time 4WD).
Sponsored