Sponsored

JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
If it's true they purchased JK and JKU Rubicons it's a good sign they are serious about making it a serious off roader and not just a muscled up commuter SUV. I can't wait for the next few years..
Sponsored

SWinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler JK
Good then the Wrangler will have real (and hopefully strong) competition. I bet the Bronco will be an IFS and not have a diesel however. I'm really looking forward to seeing it though.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Good then the Wrangler will have real (and hopefully strong) competition. I bet the Bronco will be an IFS and not have a diesel however. I'm really looking forward to seeing it though.
They could use the new announced V6 diesel thats going into the F-150 as an option.

I do be your right on the IFS, but honestly 90% of people will never need more then that, let alone the improved road manners of IFS over solid axel. After driving my JKU for 4 years I wouln't mind something that has better hwy handeling, and I know I have never used my JKU in a situation that my old FJ couldnt handle.

Shawn Ash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Well they just introduced the F-150 with new diesel option so I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bronco get the same engine but the Ranger that shares platform with the Bronco will tell us if that happens. If the Ranger comes with a diesel then good bet the Bronco will too.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Well they just introduced the F-150 with new diesel option so I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bronco get the same engine but the Ranger that shares platform with the Bronco will tell us if that happens. If the Ranger comes with a diesel then good bet the Bronco will too.
There is a good chance of that for a couple of reasons. 1) Ford could save money by only certifying one motor and 2) Ford knows that the V6 Eco Diesel used in Ram will most likely be used in the JT and JL .... so if they are doing it I see no reason Ford couldn't

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
There was a AMA on Reddit with a "Ford Designer" and here is what he had to say about it:

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/alleged-ford-designer-drops-juicy-details-on-new-bronco-1791025337

If true it will not be a Wrangler competitor and both the JL and JT should have no problem standing out from the crowds.
Guess the last two decades of Wrangler dominance hasn't taught Ford much. If they're really thinking of rebadging the Everest and slapping a Bronco badge on it, with a regular fixed roof and same suspension, it'll compete with the Wrangler only in Ford's marketing brochures :)

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
If they're really thinking of rebadging the Everest and slapping a Bronco badge on it, with a regular fixed roof and same suspension, it'll compete with the Wrangler only in Ford's marketing brochures :)
Yep! .... I'm disappointed that Bronco name will be wasted on such a vehicle and then when it fails all the management will be like "we should have never bought it back". They have a real opportunity here to take Jeep head on and they are going to waste it.

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
There was a AMA on Reddit with a "Ford Designer" and here is what he had to say about it:

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/alleged-ford-designer-drops-juicy-details-on-new-bronco-1791025337

If true it will not be a Wrangler competitor and both the JL and JT should have no problem standing out from the crowds.
Question for me after reading that is then what will the Bronco offer that isn't already available on tons of other SUV's? If it has 4 doors, regular independent front suspension, fixed roof, then are they just trying to sell the car based on nothing special but the iconic Bronco name? That my friends is called selling a nameplate out :(

OP
OP
JoKer

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Not so fast! There's a separate report out on The Truth About Cars that the Bronco will be a better Wrangler competitor than the Reddit thread would lead one to believe. They claim they have inside info which contradicts the details from Reddit.

The details point to Ford’s Bronco rebirth being more of a Wrangler competitor than a 4Runner clone, bringing the fight to Jeep in a segment it has owned for decades. They also point to Bronco offering some features Wrangler lacks, though those details were shared off the record and can’t be reported. - Source: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/01/everything-reported-ford-bronco-yesterday-probably-wrong/

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Verbal confirmation the Bronco WILL NOT be an Everest clone, straight from the top...

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Good! Bring it on, I'm rooting for Ford to bring the fight to Jeep. Unfortunately he said it will be Ford Ranger sized pretty much confirming no two door version.
Sponsored