JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
My Jeep is easy to pick out. It is the first one across the finish line and has Team Wiborn on the back window. My Jeep has been airborne at the dunes. Fun fact, I don't have a factory ford photographer following me around.

If you want pics of Jeeps Jumping, Google is your friend. There are thousands and thousands of them. It is not like the elusive photos of the Bronco community.
I was looking for a Gray JL with different wheels.
Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I donā€™t see your Jeep. Or any Jeep in the air.

I should have mine by August.
You do realize that your comparing apples to oranges. Almost like getting a Fiesta and saying you have a sports car... Enjoy your Bronco in "August."

Last edited:

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Unlimited Rubicon 2014
The Scout pre-dates the Bronco. And the Ford designers from the era have said that they copied the Scout general design.
My hellcat engine with 37s, dana 60s-5.13s, is gonna kick Ford's ass! Especially with me behind the wheel! Fxck off Ford!!!

THIS IS A WRANGLER FORUM

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Honestly, If this Bronco had been out when I ordered my JLR I would have had a long, hard look at it. I don't wheel extreme trials and I think the 35" tire model Bronco would have been a good fit for me.
Now the only thing that will get me out of my JLR is a J6.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 2 dr JT concept

I love this concept and it would blow the 2 door JL and Bronco sales into the gutter IMO

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Pretty decent little wheeling clip from Loren Healy. Iā€™d be curious to watch a stock rubicon run the exact same line.

Also just as an update, Phase 2 production started today so over the next month around 3,000 dealer demo Broncos are going to be produced, and customer production is slated to begin the second week of June. First deliveries at the beginning of July.

Sponsored

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Scout pre-dates the Bronco. And the Ford designers from the era have said that they copied the Scout general design.
And the jeep pre-dates both of them. The scout was created to give the jeep competition. It didn't last; neither did the Bronco. Now what? They're bringing it back the Bronco with changes encouraged by Jeep?

:CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

IMG_9389.JPG

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty decent little wheeling clip from Loren Healy. Iā€™d be curious to watch a stock rubicon run the exact same line.

Also just as an update, Phase 2 production started today so over the next month around 3,000 dealer demo Broncos are going to be produced, and customer production is slated to begin the second week of June. First deliveries at the beginning of July.
Ummm...did you want to let some air out of the tires and disconnect your sway bar????

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
They're bringing it back the Bronco with changes encouraged by Jeep?
I mean... this is how competition and innovation works? When Ford went to aluminum in their trucks, Chevy and ram did the same(not as extensively as Ford but weight reduction became an Important target) when Ram just blew GM/Ford out of the water with their new ram interiors, Ford stepped it up for 2021. Ram did the TRX, Ford is doing a Raptor R. Ford does the Bronco, Jeep does the 392 and the mirror kit. Thatā€™s literally how competition works.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

There are dealers with 5/17 customers build schedules.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I will look forward to seeing your Bronco in Pritchett Canyon.
Is there an oem Rubicon video at Pritchett Canyon? Everything I see is highly modified.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

Just go back and watch some of Litebrite first videos when they were wheeling a stock Rubicon.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Ummm...did you want to let some air out of the tires and disconnect your sway bar????
Iā€™ve seen Ford do most (all?) of their demos at 30 psi. Sometimes they are wanting to show how it can be done on street pressure and other times they are taking folks to and from the area on real roads. They want to safely and legally do this and for sure do not want any Explorer blowouts. They donā€™t want to stop and air up and down every time.
As for the sta-bar? IDK. Maybe it WAS disconnected?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
And the jeep pre-dates both of them. The scout was created to give the jeep competition. It didn't last; neither did the Bronco. Now what? They're bringing it back the Bronco with changes encouraged by Jeep?
Okay, I don't know why you quoted me twice to say something that I generally agree with. I was only pointing out that the Bronco was based on directly copying the competition. At least International had a new idea with the Scout instead of directly copying the Jeep. They are the first company to try to make the utility 4x4 capable, but still civil enough to be a daily driver that anyone could drive to town in to get the groceries.
Sponsored