wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You ask about more than 50 then you say best I can find is 85.
If your asking pure numbers they will be off the Jeep world as maybe 220k produced in 11 years vs 220k jeeps a year.
With Raptor Runs and Raptor Rallies they happen all the time from 10-50(most of the time) wheelin. I saw them all the time with the RV and Sand rails headed out to glamis.
Hell CA is still asking $20k over on the Raptor new.
So yes they are popular and yes they are here to stay.
Oh that’s why you have TRX another great vehicle!
I asked how often you have seen like 50 in a convoy to go wheeling? Can you find an image of 50 Raptors rolling down the road to go wheeling? I was able to find one even that had 85 Raptors at them. Not a convoy of 50. there is a difference between 85 gather at one place vs 50 heading down the road in a convoy. Heck dam near every weekend you can find a gathering of 50 to 100 Jeeps. That is not even a big deal. Finding one event with 85 is a big deal for the Raptor community.... well okay if that is massive. I guess it is massive in the Raptor community. Hell in my area, you post that your going wheeling, you have to say up front, I am limiting it to 40 Jeeps. Other wise, you might end up with a 100. Post up hey lets meet for coffee, ice cream, lunch or what ever and It is nothing to get the massive number of Raptors meet up.

Heck post something like Jimmy is having his 4th birthday and loves Jeeps, lets have a parade and a 100 Jeeps show up. Or so and so mom has cancer and needs her spirit up lifted, and a 100+ Jeeps show up and drive by her house and drop of gifts and such. Sorry this is just not happening in the Raptor community.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
The 4 door needs like 37’s to look proportionate and the 2 door needs 35’s

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
2 door definitely looks better than 4 on the bronco whereas the 4 door looks better on the wrangler
I agree with this. I just picked up my JLUR a week ago. Had I been in the market for a 2 door I would've been conflicted between choosing the Wrangler or a Bronco.

But since I wanted a 4 door and I feel the 4 door Wrangler looks much better than a 4 door Bronco, it was an easy choice to get the Wrangler

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mu google-fu must be weak or my interpretation of massive is off. Heck the biggest one I could find had 85 Raptors at it. Is that massive in the Raptor world? I even did an image search and could not find a picture of a massive gathering of Raptors. What am I doing wrong?
Usually hundreds if not over a thousand attend this annually depending on where the events are hosted. You can get an invite the first year via purchasing a Raptor. After that it’s usually a lottery.

https://www.raptorassault.com/

Lots of mini events regionally a few times annually as it moves across the US.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I asked how often you have seen like 50 in a convoy to go wheeling? Can you find an image of 50 Raptors rolling down the road to go wheeling? I was able to find one even that had 85 Raptors at them. Not a convoy of 50. there is a difference between 85 gather at one place vs 50 heading down the road in a convoy. Heck dam near every weekend you can find a gathering of 50 to 100 Jeeps. That is not even a big deal. Finding one event with 85 is a big deal for the Raptor community.... well okay if that is massive. I guess it is massive in the Raptor community. Hell in my area, you post that your going wheeling, you have to say up front, I am limiting it to 40 Jeeps. Other wise, you might end up with a 100. Post up hey lets meet for coffee, ice cream, lunch or what ever and It is nothing to get the massive number of Raptors meet up.

Heck post something like Jimmy is having his 4th birthday and loves Jeeps, lets have a parade and a 100 Jeeps show up. Or so and so mom has cancer and needs her spirit up lifted, and a 100+ Jeeps show up and drive by her house and drop of gifts and such. Sorry this is just not happening in the Raptor community.
Yes I have. Did I count them. No why would I do that. Below are some videos of Raptor runs/organized drives from raptors jeeps and Ford GT. What’s your point?

Keep it Tight

Ford GT

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco FB8451EE-DECC-4905-97BA-20B402DC6768
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 9A595EB1-795E-4AA5-B1C8-22AB3589CE90
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 63E0E6D4-D038-4181-98F1-FF087E34ED0D
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco F1675743-10CC-4ADA-8AE8-3D23BB7A53F8
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 6ADBEAFA-B288-49F5-878D-2534A51A5377
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco BBC957CC-421C-449E-B507-F602E5A0BCA4
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 61AD55B1-060A-4F91-95A8-54E24CD06C6C
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 66ECD29B-9D6B-489C-B777-55B4810185E8
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco FB8451EE-DECC-4905-97BA-20B402DC6768
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 9A595EB1-795E-4AA5-B1C8-22AB3589CE90
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 63E0E6D4-D038-4181-98F1-FF087E34ED0D
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco F1675743-10CC-4ADA-8AE8-3D23BB7A53F8
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 6ADBEAFA-B288-49F5-878D-2534A51A5377
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco BBC957CC-421C-449E-B507-F602E5A0BCA4
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 61AD55B1-060A-4F91-95A8-54E24CD06C6C
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 66ECD29B-9D6B-489C-B777-55B4810185E8

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@Richtor stop trying. The haters are going to hate. They have seen a few videos and already the hate for the Bronco is apparent. Get it this is a JL forum and expect the homer’s to try and knock down the competition. Some actually sound envious that Jeep finally has competition and are trying to say it isn’t competition and hating on it.

I am in the camp of wait and see. It looks promising and having something that actually can compete is wonderful. Jeep has rested on its laurels for a very long time.

The other banter about capability is just silly and makes most look very naive. There are very few that actually wheel a Rubicon to its fullest abilities. Very few. Same mods on a Bronco appear to be able (or we will see once the “fake” propaganda videos go away and real people wheel it) that it will be just as able based on the 98% of the Jeep owners abilities and use.

The bashing is comical without any real data, viewed in real life, driving it themselves or seen it driven in the real world. Many folks here look lovely in green.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I’m here because I Love the Jeep. Doors roof off able to go places most can not believe oem and even farther with small lift and 35/37 tires.
The Bronco will surprise a lot of people as Ford actually created a great off road vehicle. I am totally shocked it’s this good. Mine that is on order has 4.7 and a 94.75:1 crawl ratio. Are you kidding me? Top doors removable check.

It’s a great time to be alive!!!
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco D04D1D70-3390-4E0C-94F2-F750E505B40E
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 31422626-DF52-4014-8A50-5DB8CAAF9217
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco F8134A8F-EDF4-4CE6-94CD-24C064E43255
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco CBFC4868-AF01-46D4-856A-7DFCCBAA2461
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 154D5DC5-773F-44D7-AFB8-C830F3376C9B

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Usually hundreds if not over a thousand attend this annually depending on where the events are hosted. You can get an invite the first year via purchasing a Raptor. After that it’s usually a lottery.

https://www.raptorassault.com/

Lots of mini events regionally a few times annually as it moves across the US.
okay, I get it. The Raptor community has a national event and it is about the same size of a Jeep parade for a sick kid in one community.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
okay, I get it. The Raptor community has a national event and it is about the same size of a Jeep parade for a sick kid in one community.
The raptor is so much less common than the Jeep. Jeeps have been on sale in some form for nearly 8 decades and millions upon millions have been made. The raptor is a halo car that Ford makes less than 20k a year. There will probably be more 6th gen Broncos on the road 18 months from now than raptors, and that number will only continue going up.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
@Richtor stop trying. The haters are going to hate. They have seen a few videos and already the hate for the Bronco is apparent. Get it this is a JL forum and expect the homer’s to try and knock down the competition. Some actually sound envious that Jeep finally has competition and are trying to say it isn’t competition and hating on it.

I am in the camp of wait and see. It looks promising and having something that actually can compete is wonderful. Jeep has rested on its laurels for a very long time.

The other banter about capability is just silly and makes most look very naive. There are very few that actually wheel a Rubicon to its fullest abilities. Very few. Same mods on a Bronco appear to be able (or we will see once the “fake” propaganda videos go away and real people wheel it) that it will be just as able based on the 98% of the Jeep owners abilities and use.

The bashing is comical without any real data, viewed in real life, driving it themselves or seen it driven in the real world. Many folks here look lovely in green.
Please quote one post that's unfairly bashing the Bronco. Emphasis on unfairly, mentioning pros and cons in a discussion forum isn't being unfair. You should probably read the crap on the Bronco competition forum if you want to see bias and unfairness.

The funniest thing about this thread is the Bronco guys constantly complain about Wrangler guys not being objective for posting valid negatives about the Bronco. Posting valid negatives about the Wrangler in their eyes is fine though. The same Bronco guys who have never driven the Bronco and have no real world data with it but literally said "it's a much better vehicle than the Wrangler." The hypocrisy is astounding.

Sponsored

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Long time listener, first time caller. First post.
I’ve been lurking on this site as well as Bronco sites too and I just had to register and give my take on this.
My background includes no wheeling but I do live in Washington state and have been driving all over in various SUVs for biking, climbing, hiking, skiing, etc...
I actually grew up in Toledo, Ohio and am very accustomed to Jeep’s being everywhere. My favorite Jeep from my youth was a friends CJ6, right hand drive, with weird turn signals on the fenders. Some over seas sale fell through and he got it in town, brand new, from I don’t remember where.
Every Sunday going to church we would pass under the Willys plant and I thought it was so cool. My grandfather famously worked at the plant, before they made Jeeps, and quit after one week. Said the noise was going to make him deaf. He became an accountant.My uncle worked there until he retired.
Never owned one but have been in many.
I don’t put them up on a pedestal. I’m not a fanboy but I like them. I’m also VERY interested in the new Bronco. I can understand all the smack talk being thrown around but it’s hard to stomach all the disinformation.
I see criticisms of the “electronics”. If you don’t want to use the GOAT modes then don’t. All the lockers, turn assist, traction control and sta-bar disconnect buttons are right there on the dash. Use ‘em. Or use the Goat modes and turn on and off stuff you’d rather have. If it’s the electronic switches you have a problem with I have to imagine Jeeps have them too unless that lever on the tunnel is actually attached to a greasy, metal rod that physically rams together and pulls apart hunks of the drivetrain.
The Bronco, it appears, is going to be fantastic at a lot of things. It’s not a solid axle but that is a good thing. Ford doesn’t want to be a Jeep. It wants to be a great option.
People here criticize when a demonstrator disengages the sta-bar under load. “You’d be stupid to wait until then” they say. That’s not the best use of the disconnect. They are simply demonstrating that it will function under load. The best use is to leave the switch on all the time. As you go over 20 mph it reconnects automatically. As you slow down to 20 mph it disconnects. You don’t need it to smooth the ride over 20 because the suspension seems to be spot on. Under 20 it will smooth the ride and you’ll be ready for...?
And enough of the insults of the drive alongs being easy and “I could do that in a Kia”. These are rides designed to give a view into the modes and abilities of the product they are demonstrating. It’s not to show the limits of the vehicle. Plus Ford does not want to get sued when a Bronco rolls over with Karen and Bobby inside holding on for dear life.
Where this vehicle will shine is on LONG drives to your destination. Folks think that since WA state is “out west” everything is close by. Nope. Imagine driving to Arizona in a great highway cruiser, getting there and needing to drive washboard and rocks for 50 miles and then do some crawling. This will be a vehicle that will just kill that mission. And, it will do most of the crawling most people will do. Got bigger rocks? Get a Jeep.
Don’t forget that most folks from the Colorado border East do not rock crawl. They mud, they drive fire roads. They don’t need a crawler. Hell, most of us don’t. But that box stock Badlands Bronco will do most of the crawling most people do and ALL the roads in between.
In closing I’m throwing up a video. It’s not a walk around but a demo ride with two guys, driver and passenger, who love Jeeps, Raptors and driving. It’s mostly conversation as the drive goes on but it’s very smart talk. Informed talk. It’s pleasant to hear this instead of arguing. Hope you like it or at least get more ammunition with which you can use to attack the Bronco.
P.S. I’ll try to keep an eye on this and answer any questions but I’m not really an expert. My focus at the moment is to buy a van and make it ready for all the stuff I do now. I will be in the market for a Bronco when they come out with something like the 4Xe I think it is. The hybrid Wrangler. That is a great idea and I’m sure Ford is working on one. If it isn’t as great as I’d hoped I’ll then have to decide between an auto 6 or a manual 4 Bronco. The van I get in June will be my first ever automatic and I’m 60 years old.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Please quote one post that's unfairly bashing the Bronco. Emphasis on unfairly, mentioning pros and cons in a discussion forum isn't being unfair. You should probably read the crap on the Bronco competition forum if you want to see bias and unfairness.

The funniest thing about this thread is the Bronco guys constantly complain about Wrangler guys not being objective for posting valid negatives about the Bronco. Posting valid negatives about the Wrangler in their eyes is fine though. The same Bronco guys who have never driven the Bronco and have no real world data with it but literally said "it's a much better vehicle than the Wrangler." The hypocrisy is astounding.
Huh?

Jeep forum: No solid, can’t wheel.
Evidence says the oem Bronco goes everywhere the Oem Rubicon goes. If you can provide data where I’m wrong go ahead....
Ford Forum: Jeep can’t drive fast off road.
Jeep response is but my after market suspension goes fast off road.

My points. Jeep is more expensive for the same options. Both are awesome off road no door no roof vehicles!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
You’re a Jeep or nothing guy - we get it.
Absolutely not. On the contrary. I think the Raptor is an awesome vehicle. I loved the F250 Powerstroke diesel truck I owned. I am a vehicle enthusiasts at heart. There are all kinds of vehicles that I think are frickin awesome and many of them do not get the love they probably deserve.. Hell the Chevy Avalanche that I owned was a great vehicle.

Almost every vehicle out there has some type of community. But to say they have a community like the Jeep community is just not truthful. That does not mean they are a bad vehicle.

Like I wrote in the past, It is not that the Honda Shadow is a bad motorcycle,(Honda makes great motorcycles.) but in the realm of motorcycles, Honda just does not have a community like Harley Davidson does. And to say that it does, is just not truthful.

I don't understand why this so hard for some to understand. 5 minutes on google and this should be easy to understand.

At the end of the day the Bronco will be a fine vehicle. Will it have the same community as Jeep, No, but I do hope it would. I think both Jeep and Ford can be successful in the off road community and their individual success does not depend on the other to fail..

The only reason that the Bronco is a hard pass for me right now, is I now that If I have a Bronco and drive from Michigan to Moab to wheel, and break an axle, I could be days or weeks waiting on parts or a repair. I can't just go to a local shop and buy an axle and be back to wheeling the same day.

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Unlimited Rubicon 2014
I was going to buy an old bronco and fix it up before I purchased my jeep. I think the new bronco body looks like a cross between a 1970 harvester scout and modern day FJ Cruiser .

AND.............it's soooooooooooo funny that people are making a big deal about the fact that you can take the doors off and still keep your side mirrors. Buy a jeep relocation bracket kit if that's your problem. Oh! And the middle roll bar. That's not my problem. I have some So-cal speakers on that and extra protection if I happen to roll!!! ;)

As a matter of fact, I'll keep my jeep any day over the new bronco. Jeep!

Seriously though; was Ford trying to recreate their Bronco or bring back the Scout? It's not the body style I would have went along with.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco mir

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 20210426_181348

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 20210426_181448
Sponsored

Last edited: