Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
That is a great looking Jeep! Awesome wheels! That said we really don’t know a lot about the Bronco yet...though that 2dr pictured in this thread is UGLY. A turbo 2.7 with 10speed tranny has a lot of appeal however. In the looks category I like my lifted Recon but I will not yet rule out a Bronco for a future purchase if the Bronco is indeed 95% of a Jeep off-road but way better on road where I do 98% if my driving.
my jeep drives amazing on road.. I the twin turbo v6 does look nice. It gonna lie
Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I love your post. Just know that you can save for retirement and do cool shit. Also know I have seen the Bronco first hand. They had three of them at Holly Oaks during the Detroit Fest back in the fall. I was not impressed with them. I though they were cheaply built. I think in five or ten years, they will just be another hooptie. They will be just like ever other S-10 Blazer or Ford Escape, or Ford Explorer. I just don't think you will see thousands and thousands of them being wheeled when they are twenty years old. I do not see them holding the resale value nor with they have the community.
Those were the same comments when the Raptor was brought forth over 12 years ago.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
the point wasit’s easier and cheaper to lift solid axle vs ifs.. I would lift a bronco too but would not get the same performance increase. Something the Ford engineers actuadmit to if you research
No the point was the solid has more articulation, therefor is superior off road.
I agree the the solid is cheaper to modify and maintain.
i don’t see how wheel base is a big factor there.
Look I like the bronco I looked at it hard before buying the jeep .. I love having choices and competition in the space... my opinion is the jeep looks better, is cheaper, cheaper to modify with more choice of product for now... so for now I bought another jeep... in 4-6 years when I am ready for another vehicle I will look at both of these again, and hoping 4Runner refreshes and tries to be more competitive.. for now the wrangler is still king in my book.. and I love my mew one it’s the best on/Offroad combo vehicle you can buy under 100k in my opinion
The wheel base is a big factor. Just in wheelbase along RTI goes from 620 to 700 with the Bronco, slightly better than the RU.
I’m not sure about the best under $100k...
Wait until the Bronco gets suspension like this:
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 42F7197B-2359-490E-9523-D36EC64BC7F8
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 015723D3-A6AC-4479-B6A3-CDFC8932AA99
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco BC9509D6-F438-4DDF-BEA3-4A73DB4A91D7
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 7C53939B-941E-4076-A3E9-9D32F2F37459
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco CF04356D-E8D0-40D0-BB5F-DD6517EE8BAB

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
No the point was the solid has more articulation, therefor is superior off road.
I agree the the solid is cheaper to modify and maintain.

The wheel base is a big factor. Just in wheelbase along RTI goes from 620 to 700 with the Bronco, slightly better than the RU.
I’m not sure about the best under $100k...
Wait until the Bronco gets suspension like this:
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco CF04356D-E8D0-40D0-BB5F-DD6517EE8BAB
Well bro looks like you are ready to join the broncog6.com site:)

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I love your post. Just know that you can save for retirement and do cool shit. Also know I have seen the Bronco first hand. They had three of them at Holly Oaks during the Detroit Fest back in the fall. I was not impressed with them. I though they were cheaply built. I think in five or ten years, they will just be another hooptie.
I am saving something for retirement, but I'm not trying to be my grandfather. He left a lot behind when he died, and for what? I never really knew the man to live.

Another Bronco anecdote is the guy at work who was giving me a massive ration of shit for getting mud all over my brand new Jeep is the self same guy who is taking delivery of his new Bronco this summer. You reckon he's going to go hit a trail with that thing? I actually do love the guy, but you should see his hair. Never a single one out of place, and he flosses his flawless white teeth constantly.

There's your future Bronco owner. Hooptie is probably right. :LOL:

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Actually just saw first real bronco...2 door has good proportions. Seemed to have more wheel gap then those that I see online.

It's nice...from some angles.

It is kind of nice to see one that isn't on 35s with the more basic wheels in the wild. I think we'll see more of these as they start to actually roll out.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
2 door definitely looks better than 4 on the bronco whereas the 4 door looks better on the wrangler

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Those were the same comments when the Raptor was brought forth over 12 years ago.
When was the last time you saw 50 raptors in a convoy to go wheeling? Or 600 of them to wheel on Drummond Island, or thousands of them to cruise the beach in Daytona. Or thousands for EJS. or a thousand or so for an invasion of the Dunes. Do Raptors even do this? I may be naive to the Raptor world.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
When was the last time you saw 50 raptors in a convoy to go wheeling? Or 600 of them to wheel on Drummond Island, or thousands of them to cruise the beach in Daytona. Or thousands for EJS. or a thousand or so for an invasion of the Dunes. Do Raptors even do this? I may be naive to the Raptor world.
There are a lot of massive raptor events all over the US.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
There are a lot of massive raptor events all over the US.
Mu google-fu must be weak or my interpretation of massive is off. Heck the biggest one I could find had 85 Raptors at it. Is that massive in the Raptor world? I even did an image search and could not find a picture of a massive gathering of Raptors. What am I doing wrong?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Raptor meets are limited by the number of dentists in the area... :LOL:

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Mu google-fu must be weak or my interpretation of massive is off. Heck the biggest one I could find had 85 Raptors at it. Is that massive in the Raptor world? I even did an image search and could not find a picture of a massive gathering of Raptors. What am I doing wrong?
You ask about more than 50 then you say best I can find is 85.
If your asking pure numbers they will be off the Jeep world as maybe 220k produced in 11 years vs 220k jeeps a year.
With Raptor Runs and Raptor Rallies they happen all the time from 10-50(most of the time) wheelin. I saw them all the time with the RV and Sand rails headed out to glamis.
Hell CA is still asking $20k over on the Raptor new.
So yes they are popular and yes they are here to stay.
Oh that’s why you have TRX another great vehicle!