wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Actually just saw first real bronco...2 door has good proportions. Seemed to have more wheel gap then those that I see online.

It's nice...from some angles.

20210423_214657.jpg

20210423_195159.jpg

20210423_195222.jpg

20210423_214948.jpg
Looks like an LJ with a bigger door.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I'll say one thing for the Bronco. As a huge Ford guy who chose to go with an F150 over a Jeep Wrangler a long time ago, all the hoopla surrounding the Bronco got me to give serious thought to the idea of buying an off-roader, even if it wasn't a "practical" thing to own.

My wife left my ass a long time ago, and I'm just not cut out for the whole dating thing. I dump every girl like a hot potato the very instant she becomes the slightest bit irritating. I could save for retirement like a responsible adult, but then I would be an old guy who spent his best years saving money instead of living life. I'd rather eat cat food and enjoy the memories.

So I gradually talked myself into keeping the beloved truck, and picking up a Bronco. The Bronco was going to be my thing. Ford Ford Ford, Ford all the way, Ford Ford Ford.

Have you seen one of the new Broncos in the real world? Probably not. Ford built up all this hype, and then it fizzled as far as I care. I have a buddy at work who is getting his in July or August.

I have a brand new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys sitting in my driveway TODAY. If it hadn't been for Ford's hype over the Bronco, I probably wouldn't have been able to talk myself into stepping so far out of my responsible husband comfort zone.

I texted my ex, "I should have bought the Jeep!"

I'm extremely glad I did. If you gave me a Bronco for free tomorrow, I'd just sell it, and pay off my Jeep. Then I could afford more parts for my Jeep.
I love your post. Just know that you can save for retirement and do cool shit. Also know I have seen the Bronco first hand. They had three of them at Holly Oaks during the Detroit Fest back in the fall. I was not impressed with them. I though they were cheaply built. I think in five or ten years, they will just be another hooptie. They will be just like ever other S-10 Blazer or Ford Escape, or Ford Explorer. I just don't think you will see thousands and thousands of them being wheeled when they are twenty years old. I do not see them holding the resale value nor with they have the community.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 1619263633839

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Source of 10% less articulation?
like the Jeep rollling at moab a couple weeks ago?

I have yet to see a oem Rubicon complete a trail the oem Bronco has not.
About 15 years ago Ford started designing something no wanted. It had never been done before. While everyone was screaming lightning they built the Raptor. This new Bronco has high speed off road with the ability to crawl over 95% of what the Rubicon can do oem. It’s going to be a huge hit!
mark this post and see if I’m out of my mind 10 years later...
source
https://www.autoweek.com/news/trucks/a33303175/bronco-vs-wrangler-bench-racing-battle/

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I added 37” ko2 tires and a rock krawler lift with control arms and fox shocks... my jeep rides like a sports car... and flex’s unbelievably well maybe 30% increase over stock.. and it only cost me about 1800 for the suspension parts

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 66187EB1-09D4-4CE6-A2B4-95AAD4793C40
and in my opinion looks about 10x better than the bronco

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Actually just saw first real bronco...2 door has good proportions. Seemed to have more wheel gap then those that I see online.

It's nice...from some angles.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 66187EB1-09D4-4CE6-A2B4-95AAD4793C40

Yes everyone will say the 2-door looks good and not (after the first wave) buy it.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Those fender flares are hidious.
Yes, fander flairs and front and back of the vehicle are not best looking.
Seing in person made me realize how inlike looks of a jeep more.

Nevertheless, is still overall nice vehicle and I am excited that its available. It's a bit fugly but has unique features, just like 90s to early 2000s Subaru. Could be worse -they could have made more mainstream ofroader - Landrover

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Evidently the oem Jeep did so well you needed to add lift flex and wheels and tires.
the point wasit’s easier and cheaper to lift solid axle vs ifs.. I would lift a bronco too but would not get the same performance increase. Something the Ford engineers actuadmit to if you research

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So based on the RTI score? What percent decrease is based on the longer wheelbase of the Bronco?
i don’t see how wheel base is a big factor there.
Look I like the bronco I looked at it hard before buying the jeep .. I love having choices and competition in the space... my opinion is the jeep looks better, is cheaper, cheaper to modify with more choice of product for now... so for now I bought another jeep... in 4-6 years when I am ready for another vehicle I will look at both of these again, and hoping 4Runner refreshes and tries to be more competitive.. for now the wrangler is still king in my book.. and I love my mew one it’s the best on/Offroad combo vehicle you can buy under 100k in my opinion

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I added 37” ko2 tires and a rock krawler lift with control arms and fox shocks... my jeep rides like a sports car... and flex’s unbelievably well maybe 30% increase over stock.. and it only cost me about 1800 for the suspension parts

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 1619269205486
That is a great looking Jeep! Awesome wheels! That said we really don’t know a lot about the Bronco yet...though that 2dr pictured in this thread is UGLY. A turbo 2.7 with 10speed tranny has a lot of appeal however. In the looks category I like my lifted Recon but I will not yet rule out a Bronco for a future purchase if the Bronco is indeed 95% of a Jeep off-road but way better on road where I do 98% if my driving.

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
its really going to take this getting into peoples hands and mods to start being available before we can really tell. first years of anything is scary also so im on that lets see after a couple years idea
Sponsored