multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who sold cars for 3 years, this statement couldn't be any further from the truth.
Okay, fine... many people who are actually trying not to pay MSRP don’t pay MSRP because they made the effort not to... you know what the fuck I meant. I’m sure there are plenty of people who pay exactly MSRP for their vehicles. Sorry, I forgot I’m on the internet where every word you type is meant to be taken literally.
Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Speaking of what’s the oem RTI for the 2 dr Rubi. The Bronco is 700.
I don't know if it's fair to compare RTI scores when it's two different ramps being used. But with that said... I have never seen anyone measure a stock JL but Four Wheeler measured a JLU on a 20 degree ramp at 693. A two door will probably measure higher. For comparison Edmunds measured 2012 JK and JKU. The JKU, a Rubicon measured 687, the JK Sport measured 820 with the front sway bar disconnected. So I suspect 800+ is a reasonable expectation for a JL but I may be wrong.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
You think they get in that Bronco without signing some sort of NDA? You're outta your mind!!
Why would Ford have them sign an NDA? I’m sure they sign a liability waiver.

NDA would say no video no comments until a certain date or forever. This is not what you see in public videos. Do you think it’s good for Ford to be stuck on the crest of a basic sand hill?

As I said before the Bronco has a lot JL owners worried if this is your first reaction. Build dates and vins are now out. Hopefully we see articles and comparisons soon.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

NDA would say no video no comments until a certain date or forever. This is not what you see in public videos. Do you think it’s good for Ford to be stuck on the crest of a basic sand hill?

As I said before the Bronco has a lot JL owners worried if this is your first reaction. Build dates and vins are now out. Hopefully we see articles and comparisons soon.
Nobody is worried. Why would we be worried? it is not like we make money out of Jeep. You need to relax.

You are the one who has some sort of Jeep trauma because of some dealer who didnt want to sell you some Rubicon or wtver.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Lite Brite (jeep) started with an independent video "10 things I hate about my JL". They took a JLUR on black diamond trails and broke a bunch of stuff, found the weak points, but always praised the JL for its capability. Jeep was never very responsive to their complaints. Then I remember they were meeting with Jeep and trying to get some sort of deal to build a gladiatior. The deal didnt work out and after that episode they stopped praising Jeeps and just focused on their build and crazy wheeling.

I honestly think they had a terrible experience with Jeep, and the last Bronco videos they posted showed them pretty excited about their Bronco and I am gonna guess Ford marketing team was smarter. The videos show the Bronco is absolutely capable, but you can tell it is 100% planned. They show NOTHING wrong and only when it succeeds, they also talk about getting their Bronco on 37s. They dont talk about the ugly an sound like children on christmas. This is a huge red flag.

If I dont see a "10 things I hate about my stock Bronco" vid on their channel, then we will know theyre being paid and it is all trash. They want money like all of us.

It is just common sense. but fanboys will always be fanboys...

Sponsored

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Lite Brite (jeep) started with an independent video "10 things I hate about my JL". They took a JLUR on black diamond trails and broke a bunch of stuff, found the weak points, but always praised the JL for its capability. Jeep was never very responsive to their complaints. Then I remember they were meeting with Jeep and trying to get some sort of deal to build a gladiatior. The deal didnt work out and after that episode they stopped praising Jeeps and just focused on their build and crazy wheeling.

I honestly think they had a terrible experience with Jeep, and the last Bronco videos they posted showed them pretty excited about their Bronco and I am gonna guess Ford marketing team was smarter. The videos show the Bronco is absolutely capable, but you can tell it is 100% planned. They show NOTHING wrong and only when it succeeds, they also talk about getting their Bronco on 37s. They dont talk about the ugly an sound like children on christmas. This is a huge red flag.

If I dont see a "10 things I hate about my stock Bronco" vid on their channel, then we will know theyre being paid and it is all trash. They want money like all of us.

It is just common sense. but fanboys will always be fanboys...
I like their videos because they get out and go. But they definitely brand hop based on who is giving them stuff or sponsoring them. I wonder if they still use milestars for their non off road vehicles. Kevin was recently making a comment about how great the nittos are. Not long ago all we heard about was how good the pats were.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S

Why would anyone be worried? They aren't going to take away your JL. It might actually make Jeep step up and improve some things like their lighting systems and the visors that break when a butterfly farts on it. They haven't had any real competition that didn't have a bed in a long time.

I'm pretty excited to test drive a Bronco when they start showing up. If it's good enough, we may eventually get rid of the JL. No slight on the JL, it's a good truck for what it is meant for or I wouldn't have bought one.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, are you guys that scared of the Bronco?

These are individual iPhone videos from the ride along that were taken and edited after the fact by the individual reviewers themselves. Ford had no input in these videos.
Included in the videos was a Ford hired driver sharing how on a specific rock formation the Rubicon is stronger. There’s another video of a 4dr bronco getting stuck on a sandy hill on the breakover angle. It had the be winched/towed back off. No way this is shown if it had to go through Ford PR/Marketing department.

You saw the sport. It is not the Bronco. It’s like the Jeep renegade.
Don’t be so naive. A couple months ago Ford blacklisted TFL Truck for releasing spy shots on Bronco without Ford’s “approval.”

Ford wants to keep all Bronco social media content on a short leash; if someone says something honest and independent, they get blacklisted.

Besides, this is exactly what Jim Farley, now CEO at Ford, did while he was head of marketing at Scion: produce social media content that looks like it was done independently by third parties. That is his thing.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Nobody is worried. Why would we be worried? it is not like we make money out of Jeep. You need to relax.

You are the one who has some sort of Jeep trauma because of some dealer who didnt want to sell you some Rubicon or wtver.
No trauma. The Jeep was too expensive. With the Bronco it’s less money for more items included. I loved my 12 Rubicon. Why I was seeking another.

Last edited:

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
The bronco isn't for me honestly, starting with the looks and I just see it as a Wrangler wannabe. It hurts it's image in my personal eyes. However I do like the tech, and ifs that isn't a huge compromise off road is good too. When my wife is due for a new vehicle the bronco 2 for will be a strong contender for her.

Question for those in the know. What axle options does the bronco have up front? Is it the same on all trims? There is all this talk about 35s and 37s.. straight from the factory. What is supporting that.

That brings me back to the Wrangler. Get rid of the d30 and 35. Every Wrangler should have 44s at least front and back.

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a Bronco Sport yesterday that looked like they'd bought 5 days earlier based on the temporary plate. I hope it looks better naked. What stood out was the long boxed shaped hood that seemed a bit odd. I told the spouse it reminded of a paddlefish.

More impressive was a Jeep Scrambler I saw in the Home Depot parking lot. Fully restored! Darn thing looked like it just came off the showroom floor.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Ford sponsored racer and developer. Also Lite Brite has one on order and they are one giant commercial. They aren’t going to say anything bad about it. Very biased review and video IMO.
Isn't Lite Brite also just a giant Jeep commercial, then? I get your first point, but I don't understand your second point. I don't care what they say about it, I care what my eyes can see it doing. They're totally upfront with the specs on it, and you can use your eyes to see the different lines the vehicles take. Draw your judgments from there. I was impressed.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I saw a Bronco Sport yesterday that looked like they'd bought 5 days earlier based on the temporary plate. I hope it looks better naked. What stood out was the long boxed shaped hood that seemed a bit odd. I told the spouse it reminded of a paddlefish.

More impressive was a Jeep Scrambler I saw in the Home Depot parking lot. Fully restored! Darn thing looked like it just came off the showroom floor.
The Bronco sport doesn't have removable doors and roof so it'll never be 'naked'.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I just watched the video and have to say I was impressed with Bronco's tech and capabilities-saying otherwise would be disingenuous. You also have to hand it to Ford's marketing guy's, calling their terrain management system "GOAT" was pure genius! That said, I still do not like the looks of the 4-door Bronco-either in videos or in person when I saw a pair of them at Barrett Jackson. However, I think the 2-door Bronco looks great in pictures-still have not yet seen one in person as the 2-door they had at Barrett Jackson was in the back getting ready to hit the auction block while I was there.

Like it or not, Bronco is real competition for the Wrangler and will just push Jeep to make an even more formidable Wrangler...a win for all! Ford is also showering a lot of 'luv' on the 2-door Bronco, maybe Jeep will take note...

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I just watched the video and have to say I was impressed with Bronco's tech and capabilities-saying otherwise would be disingenuous. You also have to hand it to Ford's marketing guy's, calling their terrain management system "GOAT" was pure genius! That said, I still do not like the looks of the 4-door Bronco-either in videos or in person when I saw a pair of them at Barrett Jackson. However, I think the 2-door Bronco looks great in pictures-still have not yet seen one in person as the 2-door they had at Barrett Jackson was in the back getting ready to hit the auction block while I was there.

Like it or not, Bronco is real competition for the Wrangler and will just push Jeep to make an even more formidable Wrangler...a win for all! Ford is also showering a lot of 'luv' on the 2-door Bronco, maybe Jeep will take note...
That's what I actually like the look of. The 2 door looks a lot better than the 4 door imo, at least in pictures. I like the bronco for my wife. Easy to put on 35s. Maybe we would do a few personalized touches here and there for her but not much. We'll see when the time comes, I could see us ending up with another Wrangler too. It will be a toss up for her. If bronco has better tech she could go that route. Although my past experience fords has been horrible. More engine and censor problems than I would ever want to deal with again.

One thing I really liked in that lite brite video was the braking of the passenger rear tire to help pivot the bronco around right corners. A nice little trick. I'm sure a programmer would be able to do the same on all the jls now.

Competition will be stiff and the will definitely take some Wrangler customers away. I could never leave the Wrangler though personally. I just love the thing.
Sponsored