JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Nothing wrong with it at all. My point, obviously was not received, you are comparing apples and oranges.
From grammarist.com for you to understand my comment - The idiom comparing apples and oranges means that one is trying to draw similarities between two things that are not similar. Though one may argue that apples and oranges are both fruit, they do not look, taste, feel, or smell the same.
I understood. My point being why pay the same for the apple when you can only enjoy it once a month while you can you use/enjoy the orange everyday?
So you realized you wanted a truck. and not a Jeep. I think you have come to realize jeeps are not for everyone. Nice truck btw.
Actually my first choice was the Jeep. The utility and every day use of the truck for the same price won out. Bonus is it looks great oem imo and competes off road with the power wagon. Best of all worlds for about $50k.

Funny story: I had emailed the dealer about their 2dr Rubi stick They had 4. Then 2 weeks later stopped by in person. They had advertised $8k off msrp JL. I asked for $6k off msrp for the 2dr Rubi stick no one wants. They said their best was $2.5k off making it $50k even. I walked across the street and ordered the Tremor.
Driving home they emailed me, not realizing I had just been in and offered on their jeeps. GSM emailed saying they had just had a meeting and were allowed to offer special pricing on their jeeps. 🤦🏻‍♀️👀🙄

Now I’m working hard to get both the Bronco and keep my truck....
Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Well, that's your first problem. There are non-Ford videos out there recently of the Bronco doing rocks and stuff. Check Lite Brite's channel, they have a really cool video with a red 4-door Bronco. Frankly I was pretty shocked, especially for what the 4-door was doing. There was definitely some wheel lift at one point, but not to the extent I was expecting.
There are a number of Jeep owners which highly modified jeeps with videos of their ride alongs. Yes the Bronco competes on the rocks(I’m sure there’s a rock someplace where the oem rubicon is better) and then acts like the Raptor on high speed desert runs. Yes they are shocked at the capabilities of the Bronco oem.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Well, that's your first problem. There are non-Ford videos out there recently of the Bronco doing rocks and stuff. Check Lite Brite's channel, they have a really cool video with a red 4-door Bronco. Frankly I was pretty shocked, especially for what the 4-door was doing. There was definitely some wheel lift at one point, but not to the extent I was expecting.
Given that Broncos are not yet available to the public, my guess is all those videos, even the ones that look like were done by individual youtubers, are in fact done by Ford, or with close supervision from Ford.

In any event, I am tired of the daily Bronco videos uploaded on Social Media. It is time for Ford to put up or shut up.

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Given that Broncos are not yet available to the public, my guess is all those videos, even the ones that look like they are done by individual youtubers, are in fact done by Ford, or with close supervision from Ford.

In any event, I am tired of the daily Bronco videos uploaded on Social Media. It is time for Ford to put up or shut up.
This is so true. Even the ones from lite brite. You see the bronco like twice in the video, and thats it. They only show the good. I am sick of it too. It is time for Ford to release this thing. My guess is, we are gonna see the real thing. People will complain about first gen issues, we will see videos of it doing crazy stuff and videos with broken IFS, tires up in the air, etc...

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Welp...I saw my first new Bronco on the road yesterday. OMG that thing is ugly. Not sure what they were going for but as a former Bronco owner myself, I think they really missed the mark.

Surely some will like it because it is new, and new things get attention, however after that wears off, they better get to work on some re-styling. Seriously, it looked bad.

I don't think that Jeep has anything to worry about.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have seen some of the Broncos on the street here in Michigan. I also saw them in person last year at Detroit Fest. I was not impressed with them.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Welp...I saw my first new Bronco on the road yesterday. OMG that thing is ugly. Not sure what they were going for but as a former Bronco owner myself, I think they really missed the mark.

Surely some will like it because it is new, and new things get attention, however after that wears off, they better get to work on some re-styling. Seriously, it looked bad.

You saw the actually Bronco or the Bronco Sport? Where? Other than a few they have released I did not think these were out in any quantities.

Last edited:

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Given that Broncos are not yet available to the public, my guess is all those videos, even the ones that look like were done by individual youtubers, are in fact done by Ford, or with close supervision from Ford.

This is so true. Even the ones from lite brite. You see the bronco like twice in the video, and thats it. They only show the good. I am sick of it too. It is time for Ford to release this thing. My guess is, we are gonna see the real thing. People will complain about first gen issues, we will see videos of it doing crazy stuff and videos with broken IFS, tires up in the air, etc...
Wow, are you guys that scared of the Bronco?

These are individual iPhone videos from the ride along that were taken and edited after the fact by the individual reviewers themselves. Ford had no input in these videos.
Included in the videos was a Ford hired driver sharing how on a specific rock formation the Rubicon is stronger. There’s another video of a 4dr bronco getting stuck on a sandy hill on the breakover angle. It had the be winched/towed back off. No way this is shown if it had to go through Ford PR/Marketing department.

You saw the sport. It is not the Bronco. It’s like the Jeep renegade.

Sponsored

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
You saw the actually Bronco or the Bronco Sport? Where? Other than a few they have released I did not think these were out in any quantities.
Not exactly sure which one it was. I didn't think they were out yet, but obviously they are. I'm in CA and this one was just driving down the freeway (actually in traffic).

It stood out because it has IMHO, a very juvenile looking "Bronco" script written across the back. Both my wife and I, who both have owned and love Bronco's of the past, remarked how bad it looked.

More than likely it was a sport model, and I am sure they will sell them, but I will say, anything sells at first production. *Remember some people actually went out and bought Pontiac Aztek's when they first came out!
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco download (3)

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, are you guys that scared of the Bronco?

These are individual iPhone videos from the ride along that were taken and edited after the fact by the individual reviewers themselves. Ford had no input in these videos.
Included in the videos was a Ford hired driver sharing how on a specific rock formation the Rubicon is stronger. There’s another video of a 4dr bronco getting stuck on a sandy hill on the breakover angle. It had the be winched/towed back off. No way this is shown if it had to go through Ford PR/Marketing department.

You saw the sport. It is not the Bronco. It’s like the Jeep renegade.
I may have seen the sport, but I know for sure I am not "scared" of the Bronco. I have not only owned them in the past, I actually liked them.

I also can afford as many cars as I like (including the Bronco), I own Fords and Jeeps and trust me, I will never buy a new Bronco based on this new design. It's fugly and it doesn't appeal to me. Seeing this one driving down the road confirmed that.

You can buy one if you like and I am sure some people will. That's what drives the market.

However, this is a JEEP forum and I am merely stating my opinion. I appreciate yours as well, I just may not agree with it. That's why I have more than one Jeep and no new Bronco's parked in my garage(s). ;)

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
You see the bronco like twice in the video, and thats it.
I don't think we watched the same video, then.

It's the Hell's Revenge one on Lite Brite's channel. (They do more than just Hell's Revenge.) It's definitely not sponsored or made by Ford, and the guy who drives the Bronco (Loren Healy) is not a Ford employee as far as I know or can find on Google. I don't know the arrangements with the Bronco because yea, they're not in public yet as you said, but it's a great video. You really should watch it if you are genuinely interested in how it seems to fare.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I don't think we watched the same video, then.

It's the Hell's Revenge one on Lite Brite's channel. (They do more than just Hell's Revenge.) It's definitely not sponsored or made by Ford, and the guy who drives the Bronco (Loren Healy) is not a Ford employee as far as I know or can find on Google. I don't know the arrangements with the Bronco because yea, they're not in public yet as you said, but it's a great video. You really should watch it if you are genuinely interested in how it seems to fare.
Not a Ford employee but a Ford sponsored racer and developer. Also Lite Brite has one on order and they are one giant commercial. They aren’t going to say anything bad about it. Very biased review and video IMO. Like I stated earlier I can’t wait for a moderately good Jeep wheeler getting into a Bronco and HONESTLY comparing them both. BTW I am a huge fan and want one. I just want them to see them work out the first year bugs first.
https://www.hotcars.com/champion-ultra4-racer-loren-healy-test-drives-the-new-bronco-in-the-dunes/

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH

Agree, I can't get past the flat arch of the fender flares. The fender wheel openings on the sema bronco look much better to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 2021-Ford-Bronco-Sasquatch-Badlands-SEMA-Concept-03-1024x512
Sponsored