Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Above. Unless you were implying the new Bronco Sport is better off road than a slightly modified JL Rubicon.
I didnt. All I said, if you complain about a JL not having LED, 8.4 screen as base options. A Bronco will serve you better. If thats what you care about, a Bronco sport would do just fine.

I never implied anything that you are saying.

They all can offroad. Stock Jeeps, modified jeeps, even the bronco sport can hit the trails. And I believe the Bronco badlands/sasquatch would be just as good as a stock JL Rubicon in its own way, but I cant tell for sure cause it doesnt exist.

Listen. Those of us who love Jeeps, we wont sell them because they dont have a big screen. We care about its capabilities offroad above all else. Does that make it clear? I did not insult anyone. I really mean it. If anyone doesnt like their JLs cause they dont have a big touchscreen and LED lights, the Bronco will be a much better option for them. Thats it.

I am pretty excited about the new Bronco btw. Itll make the next Jeep even better.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Great, you admit Jeep makes more 2dr Rubicon’s than people want allowing you to buy for a cheaper price. Congrats

More than people that aren’t on oxy!

Speaking of...the last Jeep dealer I was at, the salesman said we are the best dealer, biggest dealer(I’m sure in the area), people come from other states just to buy from them. Had 4 2dr Ruicons stick on the lot for the past 3 months and had not sold one. They were also advertising $8k off of the JL. Dropped by in person and they gave my their best and final of $2.5k off. Would have cost me over $56k otd on 2 dr Jeep. I walked across the street and purchased my F250 Tremor for about $1k more.
014F06F8-6B47-4B5C-B3EC-F14EE1000B6A.jpeg
69F9DA99-2ECF-48C9-A903-8CC28FDAE8E0.jpeg
Well can't wait to see you out on the Rubicon Trail with your ford.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Lol
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 0FE1159F-E899-4A71-8107-71852738A068

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Oh look, the same Bronco brown nosers still rubbing their faces deep in while denouncing Jeep every other post. How surprising!
As a former JK Rubicon owner, the Jeep JL is a very strong and capable off road vehicle. I’m a little taken aback on how the JL owners don’t feel the same way. They are always talking about the modifications or how cheap they are.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Great, you admit Jeep makes more 2dr Rubicon’s than people want allowing you to buy for a cheaper price. Congrats

More than people that aren’t on oxy!

Speaking of...the last Jeep dealer I was at, the salesman said we are the best dealer, biggest dealer(I’m sure in the area), people come from other states just to buy from them. Had 4 2dr Ruicons stick on the lot for the past 3 months and had not sold one. They were also advertising $8k off of the JL. Dropped by in person and they gave my their best and final of $2.5k off. Would have cost me over $56k otd on 2 dr Jeep. I walked across the street and purchased my F250 Tremor for about $1k more.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 0FE1159F-E899-4A71-8107-71852738A068
So you wanted an apple and bought an orange.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Above. Unless you were implying the new Bronco Sport is better off road than a slightly modified JL Rubicon.
I think he was just messing with me, when i talked about some of the mods I added.

I didnt. All I said, if you complain about a JL not having LED, 8.4 screen as base options. A Bronco will serve you better. If thats what you care about, a Bronco sport would do just fine.

I never implied anything that you are saying.

They all can offroad. Stock Jeeps, modified jeeps, even the bronco sport can hit the trails. And I believe the Bronco badlands/sasquatch would be just as good as a stock JL Rubicon in its own way, but I cant tell for sure cause it doesnt exist.

Listen. Those of us who love Jeeps, we wont sell them because they dont have a big screen. We care about its capabilities offroad above all else. Does that make it clear? I did not insult anyone. I really mean it. If anyone doesnt like their JLs cause they dont have a big touchscreen and LED lights, the Bronco will be a much better option for them. Thats it.

I am pretty excited about the new Bronco btw. Itll make the next Jeep even better.
I know it it's kind of hard to tell what people mean through typed words, but I wasn't really complaining. I was just comparing the trucks and trying to add to the conversation, by explaining my experience. My previous Jeep was a bare bones manual JK, and I loved it.

I got your joke though.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
I wheeled a 4” lifted WK with IFS for 10 years, lots of rock crawling with extreme articulation. It did fine, but a bit less stable on the trail than my friends‘ straight axle Jeeps. I went back to a straight front axle primarily due to weakness of the IFS bushings; I had to have them replaced every 25k miles at $1000 per replacement. I don’t know if Ford IFS bushings will last longer, but in 80k miles I never touched the WK’s rear (straight axle) bushings, but the front (IFS) bushings had the durability of marshmallows. I suspect IFS geometry prevents creation of durable bushings.

Regarding Ford quality, we have a 2020 Lincoln Corsair and EVERY body panel was misaligned from the factory. 2020 Aviators also had horrible QA from the factory. Right now, Ford doesn’t have a great track record for QA on new model roll outs.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I see Ford’s footage of the new Bronco rock crawling —which, btw, looks like accelerated replay video speed— the suspension doesn’t quite articulate, more like bounces over the rocks.

I think that’s already an early indication of Bronco’s limitations with the IFS.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
So you wanted an apple and bought an orange.
Why spend $50k on something that does one thing when you can spend the same money for something that does 4.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Why spend $50k on something that does one thing when you can spend the same money for something that does 4.
Nothing wrong with it at all. My point, obviously was not received, you are comparing apples and oranges.
From grammarist.com for you to understand my comment - The idiom comparing apples and oranges means that one is trying to draw similarities between two things that are not similar. Though one may argue that apples and oranges are both fruit, they do not look, taste, feel, or smell the same.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
So you realized you wanted a truck. and not a Jeep. I think you have come to realize jeeps are not for everyone. Nice truck btw.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Every time I see Ford’s footage of the new Bronco rock crawling
Well, that's your first problem. There are non-Ford videos out there recently of the Bronco doing rocks and stuff. Check Lite Brite's channel, they have a really cool video with a red 4-door Bronco. Frankly I was pretty shocked, especially for what the 4-door was doing. There was definitely some wheel lift at one point, but not to the extent I was expecting.
Sponsored