JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
At least one other person has weighed in on this already, but my 2dr Rubi with steel bumpers, LEDs, and painted fenders (i.e. basic options) was just under $40k. Not sure where the “over $50k” 2dr Rubicon comes from.
You haven’t been following Ford too closely lately have you? Google Ford Explorer launch or F-150 recalls for some good reading...
This right here in bold may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. Why the fuck would I care what the MSRP is, if I just paid what I consider a good price for something? Like I said, I paid about $40k for my Jeep... jeep could say the MSRP is $250,000,000.00 for all I care, as long as I paid $40k I’m happy. Ford could say the MSRP of an equivalent Bronco is $1,870,000,000.00 but if the dealer lets me have it for $32k maybe I take that instead of the jeep. Well... if it was actually for sale maybe I would.
Great, you admit Jeep makes more 2dr Rubicon’s than people want allowing you to buy for a cheaper price. Congrats
It's REALLY simple. You need a "common metric", a "common variable", a "static variable", for worst case comparison. Of course nobody (usually) pays full MSRP. But as others have pointed out, depending on location, sales so far that month, volume the dealership sells, your awesome negotiating skills, and a myriad of other factors, "what I paid", is an incomplete sample size. Maybe you a paid the median price. Maybe you paid the mean. or maybe you are an outlier? Now, there HAVE been multiple "What i paid" threads and people have reported anywhere between 2 and 10 percent under invoice. On one hand, that goes to my point about sales price volatility. But, even if you use those numbers to say the average sale price is 4.5 percent under invoice on a wrangler, and that is an average we all agree on, it doesn't matter. At the moment we have zero data points on the average sale price of a Bronco, so a comparison still cannot be made as to the better "value". The ONLY two constants we have for comparisons is MSRP. That is the reality of the facts we have on hand and the only current relevant discussion starting point on which is a better value.

But.....I'm recently off of surgery and full of oxy, so WTF do I know?🙂
More than people that aren’t on oxy!
You must have had a different Ford ownership experience than I had. I love the look of the Bronco, but my last Ford experience is what takes it off the table for me for now.
Speaking of...the last Jeep dealer I was at, the salesman said we are the best dealer, biggest dealer(I’m sure in the area), people come from other states just to buy from them. Had 4 2dr Ruicons stick on the lot for the past 3 months and had not sold one. They were also advertising $8k off of the JL. Dropped by in person and they gave my their best and final of $2.5k off. Would have cost me over $56k otd on 2 dr Jeep. I walked across the street and purchased my F250 Tremor for about $1k more.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 014F06F8-6B47-4B5C-B3EC-F14EE1000B6A
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 69F9DA99-2ECF-48C9-A903-8CC28FDAE8E0
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
For the novice off-roader, everyday person like me, the Bronco has everything standard that I've already spent money on my JL to have. LED lights, washout floors, and 8.4" touchscreen are some things I've bought, and are a combination of what the 3 trims mentioned above already have.
Yeah you should own a Bronco. a Bronco sport would be even better for your kind of mods.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I really love my Rubi 2-door and I'm just a few weeks from completing 100% of my mods...A very extensive list!

However, I am glad to see the Bronco and Ford pulling out all stops: Being able to factory order 35's, a Warn Zeon 10-S, 360 cameras and a few other goodies will only push Jeep to make the Wranglers even better! I know a local Ford dealer very well (a customer of mine plus I have owned three Raptor SuperCabs) and there is even serious talk of offering a special edition Bronco with 37's...

Come on Jeep, let's put the Hemi in a 2-door with factory 35's !!!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I am already seeing a "Jeep bullying support and recovery" section on the Bronco forums. Moderated by Richtor.

"I just wanted to enjoy an angry grill and LED lights"

"I used to be a happy person, until I shared the IFS REX Jeep video"

"I just wanted 20in wheels"

"I just couldnt afford the G wagon"

"All I asked was what lift do I need for 37s"

"I just said I was from Florida" (also applies to NJ residents)

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I am already seeing a "Jeep bullying support and recovery" section on the Bronco forums. Moderated by Richtor.

OMG I can only imagine.. may have to go check it out for hours of amusement!

Sponsored

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Yeah you should own a Bronco. a Bronco sport would be even better for your kind of mods.
Ha ha, whatever you say. I think I'll stick with my Jeep.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Your post is even more ironic & funny now that I've visited some other spots on the forum. I have some of the same mods you do (ones I didn't mention in this thread). I think you have a nice Jeep

Anyway, I know I'm off the subject. You all can finish your Bronco vs. Jeep debating.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Wow, speaking of insults. Are you suggesting a oem Jeep is incapable of real wheeling? Your statement is stating the Jeep can’t go off-road without heavy mods.

I do find it amusing that everyone here speaks of the advantages of the JL and yet can’t stop speaking of modifications. If JL was all that, there would be no need for mods.

Speaking of what’s the oem RTI for the 2 dr Rubi. The Bronco is 700.

I did not post the rex vid. Haha. I’m guessing it does not work.

Ive seen 20’s on the JL before....

Wait can the G out wheel the oem JL?

37, why do you need a lift? I understand a lift will be needed for 45 and 6.39 gears.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 22B76A26-DD41-464E-85DE-547096152B26

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Great, you admit Jeep makes more 2dr Rubicon’s than people want allowing you to buy for a cheaper price. Congrats

More than people that aren’t on oxy!

Speaking of...the last Jeep dealer I was at, the salesman said we are the best dealer, biggest dealer(I’m sure in the area), people come from other states just to buy from them. Had 4 2dr Ruicons stick on the lot for the past 3 months and had not sold one. They were also advertising $8k off of the JL. Dropped by in person and they gave my their best and final of $2.5k off. Would have cost me over $56k otd on 2 dr Jeep. I walked across the street and purchased my F250 Tremor for about $1k more.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco 22B76A26-DD41-464E-85DE-547096152B26
Actually, a 2dr Jeep in the configuration I wanted didn’t exist anywhere at the time so I had mine built from the factory to my exact specifications. The point I was making was in response to someone saying that the price you actually pay for a vehicle is irrelevant and that the MSRP is the more relevant factor; my point is that MSRP is irrelevant because nobody pays MSRP- people usually pay below it (and sometimes above it if there is ADM).

I have no idea what point you’re trying to make.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Wow, speaking of insults. Are you suggesting a oem Jeep is incapable of real wheeling? Your statement is stating the Jeep can’t go off-road without heavy mods.

I do find it amusing that everyone here speaks of the advantages of the JL and yet can’t stop speaking of modifications. If JL was all that, there would be no need for mods.

Speaking of what’s the oem RTI for the 2 dr Rubi. The Bronco is 700.

I did not post the rex vid. Haha. I’m guessing it does not work.

Ive seen 20’s on the JL before....

Wait can the G out wheel the oem JL?

37, why do you need a lift? I understand a lift will be needed for 45 and 6.39 gears.
22B76A26-DD41-464E-85DE-547096152B26.jpeg
I never said "heavy mods" I dont even have heavy mods. I was just making a statement about the "mods" the other user was complaining he needed to do to his Jeep and Bronco already has them. You didnt seem to understand my joke, but ill explain. If those "mods" are the reason people dont want a Jeep then the TRULY should get a Bronco. The Bronco is newer and has newer tech. Thats all I meant.

Then on my second post. You didnt even seem to get the joke at all. Most jokes are about mall crawlers, who get roasted by jeep owners. Your answer just shows your lack of knowledge about jeeps. You are a troll. You being the moderator is not because you posted any of what I said. It makes the joke funny because you are very active in this forum and you dont even own a JL, you are some sort of Bronco fanboy warrior. Whatever man.

Youll get it though. Read it again. You can do it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
always remember what FORD stands for. found. on the. road. ded.

got a buddy who has had a couple ford pickups, bought new. he's replaced transmissions at least 3 times...

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Actually, a 2dr Jeep in the configuration I wanted didn’t exist anywhere at the time so I had mine built from the factory to my exact specifications. The point I was making was in response to someone saying that the price you actually pay for a vehicle is irrelevant and that the MSRP is the more relevant factor; my point is that MSRP is irrelevant because nobody pays MSRP- people usually pay below it (and sometimes above it if there is ADM).

I have no idea what point you’re trying to make.
I order almost all my vehicles. $40/50k is too much to pay to not get what you want and or pay thousands for something you never use.

In saying this, I don’t pay msrp but that is where I start as it is where the manufacturer has stated the value to be. You can state you paid $40k for your Jeep and no one has a clue as to if you paid $10k more than msrp or $30k less than msrp. We use msrp as a comparable data point. Why would anyone compare numbers without a comparable data point?
example: I can get a new Bronco for $30k a friend just paid $90k for his new JL. In conclusion the Bronco is so much cheaper!

In the 8 years since I purchased my 12 JK Rubicon the price has gone up by $20k. Seems a bit pricey for what you get.
I never said "heavy mods" I dont even have heavy mods. I was just making a statement about the "mods" the other user was complaining he needed to do to his Jeep and Bronco already has them. You didnt seem to understand my joke, but ill explain. If those "mods" are the reason people dont want a Jeep then the TRULY should get a Bronco. The Bronco is newer and has newer tech. Thats all I meant.

Then on my second post. You didnt even seem to get the joke at all. Most jokes are about mall crawlers, who get roasted by jeep owners. Your answer just shows your lack of knowledge about jeeps. You are a troll. You being the moderator is not because you posted any of what I said. It makes the joke funny because you are very active in this forum and you dont even own a JL, you are some sort of Bronco fanboy warrior. Whatever man.

Youll get it though. Read it again. You can do it.
Let me be brief. You are insulting both the JL and a JL owner by what you call a joke. With your joke you said: 1. if you don’t mod you should by a Bronco. 2. If you don’t mod the JL is incapable to go off-road.
I disagree with both of those items.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
always remember what FORD stands for. found. on the. road. ded.

got a buddy who has had a couple ford pickups, bought new. he's replaced transmissions at least 3 times...
And why would one need to just empty every pocket if the Jeep was strong enough to go off-road without mods or repairs?

To your last point, you create 1 million of anything using 3/4th party suppliers without one fail?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I order almost all my vehicles. $40/50k is too much to pay to not get what you want and or pay thousands for something you never use.

In saying this, I don’t pay msrp but that is where I start as it is where the manufacturer has stated the value to be. You can state you paid $40k for your Jeep and no one has a clue as to if you paid $10k more than msrp or $30k less than msrp. We use msrp as a comparable data point. Why would anyone compare numbers without a comparable data point?
example: I can get a new Bronco for $30k a friend just paid $90k for his new JL. In conclusion the Bronco is so much cheaper!

In the 8 years since I purchased my 12 JK Rubicon the price has gone up by $20k. Seems a bit pricey for what you get.

Let me be brief. You are insulting both the JL and a JL owner by what you call a joke. With your joke you said: 1. if you don’t mod you should by a Bronco. 2. If you don’t mod the JL is incapable to go off-road.
I disagree with both of those items.
Showed me where I said you cant offroad a stock jeep.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Showed me where I said you cant offroad a stock jeep.
Above. Unless you were implying the new Bronco Sport is better off road than a slightly modified JL Rubicon.
Sponsored