Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Are you saying the Jeep Rubicon is not that impressive as the Kia can do it? Was it me or did I miss the Subaru on Hells Gate?
How about Potato Salad Hill. I think an experienced driver with a highly modified JL just rolled there. Is that easy too? I’m guessing both the Kia and subura can make that climb.
Just so you know, I have done Hell's Gate. It is not a difficult climb. Most never spin a tire. As far as Potato Salad, I have not done Potato Salad Hill yet, but I have done all the badge trails including Pritchett Canyon. The highly skilled drive your talking about also admitted that he has rolled many vehicles....... He was aware that he took a difficult line,.

Just saying that a car drove Hell's Revenge.....
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
To be posting videos of Broncos that are nonexistent next to existing Wranglers rolling over, smells of sneaky guerrilla marketing.

Jim Farley, the new CEO at Ford, made a name for himself for his guerilla tactics while he was in charge of marketing at Scion.

We have now have been hearing about this Bronco for 10+ years, and the highly anticipated launch keeps getting postponed for one reason or another.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Farley is now behind guerilla efforts aimed to tarnish Jeep while everyone continues to wait for the mythical Ford to appear.

I stopped watching the Bronco videos that pop up almost daily on social media because it is playing into Ford’s game.

The time has come for Ford to put up or shut up.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
The higher end Bronco is going to be able to do the same a stock rubicon can. From the latest ive seen the Bronco is pretty capable. I think the JLU that rolled picked a harder line, there is more than one way to go up potato salad hill.

the Bronco still looks like a Lego. And the JL looks like a jeep.

To get a capable Bronco you need to get the higher end model, and it is pretty expensive. A slightly modified JL sport will be better than all broncos but the higher trim, and it will be more budget friendly.

Bronco is bringing more options to us consumers. If I was in the market for a Rubicon JL right now I would consider a Bronco, if it looked more manly.
Na, least expensive Bronco Base model with the Sasquatch Package will come to about $37,300, assuming no other options are added and can would make up that hill.
Sway bar disconnect can be done manually (just like people do with non rubicon models)

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Have to admit, I'm impressed too. I want one not gonna lie. Those quick release fenders are pretty rad. Guess we'll have to see what gremlins arise with all the electronics. Not that it's much more than a JL's but yeah, it's a lot more lol. Also $60k for the 'real' offroad package would be hard to swallow, then have to purchase coilovers (which it sounds like aren't available to the gen public yet) for 37's.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Have to admit, I'm impressed too. I want one not gonna lie. Those quick release fenders are pretty rad. Guess we'll have to see what gremlins arise with all the electronics. Not that it's much more than a JL's but yeah, it's a lot more lol. Also $60k for the 'real' offroad package would be hard to swallow, then have to purchase coilovers (which it sounds like aren't available to the gen public yet) for 37's.
The only thing I want from the Bronco is the sport bar delete and frameless windows. That would feel so amazing to have so much more freedom.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I want from the Bronco is the sport bar delete and frameless windows. That would feel so amazing to have so much more freedom.
Not sure I would after watching that JL roll several times in Moab and come out unscathed...

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I think the big question for me regarding the Bronco; will it’s on road drivability supersede it’s slightly less off road prowess compared to the Jl. The other big unknown is quality. Unfortunately it appears Jeep set the bar pretty low in this area.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
In my opinion, the new Bronco looks great. Apparently it performs well off road. That said, I am getting fatigued with all of the hype. Except for a few recently planted youtube videos that actually show a Bronco moving, we have been getting reviews of Broncos that don't move for what seems like years now. Starting to feel like Nikola level marketing at this point (For those who know, Nikola's marketing took a very shiny and attractive truck that was also completely unable to move under its own power and then rolled it down a hill for all the social media likes they could get).

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
The 2dr rubicon with basic options is over $50k. Most of the 4dr on lot are over $60k. My Bronco is a couple grand less than the Jeep option for option. Not to sure where the “expensive” Bronco comes from.
I think the big question for me regarding the Bronco; will it’s on road drivability supersede it’s slightly less off road prowess compared to the Jl. The other big unknown is quality. Unfortunately it appears Jeep set the bar pretty low in this area.
I have to to see it have less off road prowess? However it very well could. I can’t wait for the comparison battles to show up.
To be posting videos of Broncos that are nonexistent next to existing Wranglers rolling over, smells of sneaky guerrilla marketing.

Jim Farley, the new CEO at Ford, made a name for himself for his guerilla tactics while he was in charge of marketing at Scion.

We have now have been hearing about this Bronco for 10+ years, and the highly anticipated launch keeps getting postponed for one reason or another.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Farley is now behind guerilla efforts aimed to tarnish Jeep while everyone continues to wait for the mythical Ford to appear.

I stopped watching the Bronco videos that pop up almost daily on social media because it is playing into Ford’s game.

The time has come for Ford to put up or shut up.
Building them now. Public builds begin May 3rd. Many people will have build dates and vins by Friday.

Last edited:

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Well you picked two things that basically a Model A is better than a JL. It will guaranteed be better on road drivability since the JL is horiffic and most likely quality will be better as Ford has always done a pretty good job and as you said the Jeep has set the bar nice and low.

The Bronco looks impressive. Giving Jeep some competition is always a good thing since they have gotten lazy. No matter what haters are always going to hate, that’s normal. For about 90% of the people and the way they use their JL’s this Bronco will be able to do all that just as easy.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well you picked two things that basically a Model A is better than a JL. It will guaranteed be better on road drivability since the JL is horiffic and most likely quality will be better as Ford has always done a pretty good job and as you said the Jeep has set the bar nice and low.

The Bronco looks impressive. Giving Jeep some competition is always a good thing since they have gotten lazy. No matter what haters are always going to hate, that’s normal. For about 90% of the people and the way they use their JL’s this Bronco will be able to do all that just as easy.
All of what you said is true, the only thing that Bronco will be missing is the Jeep community. It is kind of like buying a Honda cruiser motorcycle and then hiking you are part of the Harley motorcycle community. Sure you have a cruiser, but it is just not the same. You will not be getting the waves from other bronco drivers, you will not have people wanting to talk to you in parking lots, girls will not be wanting to go for a ride in your Bronco. Kids will not be yelling cool Broncho as you drive by. You will be just like the Honda Shadow rider. Less maintenance, maybe better mileage and riding by yourself. Kind like how the 4runners, and range rover guys are now.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
True. Although Ford quality ain’t much to brag about.

One area where Ford is eons ahead of FCA is in dealership facilities. Some of the new Ford dealership buildings out there make the best Jeep dealers look like bombed shelters. For whatever that is worth, of course.

Ford is now talking about selling Broncos in separate showrooms. As bad an idea as I think that is, I say let them do it. Adding dealers adds the number of mouths that need to be fed and, by extension, significantly increases the breakeven point sales need to reach.

Another drawback of separate showrooms is that it hinders cross-shopping and intra-brand migration.

But auto execs love nothing better than opening new showrooms: it makes them feel important.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
The 2dr rubicon with basic mods is over $50k. Most of the 4dr on lot are over $60k. My Bronco is a couple grand less than the Jeep option for option. Not to sure where the “expensive” Bronco comes from.

I have to to see it have less off road prowess? However it very well could. I can’t wait for the comparison battles to show up.

Building them now. Public builds begin May 3rd. Many people will have build dates and vins by Friday.
My factory order 2 Dr Rubicon with hard top,8 spd, Steel bumpers, LED package and cold weather package cost me just over 41K, so not sure about the 50K. 10% off MSRP is usually the norm.
That said, only you can decide which one is a better value for your use case.
It is interesting that you are still hanging around in the Jeep forum long after deciding on not buying one. If you are looking for validation on your purchase decision, I don't think you will find it in a JL forum :) Or maybe your heart is still set on a Jeep?

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Agree, as i am part of that 90% that will (likely) never put the Rubicon to its limit. If the Bronco was available at the time i bought the JL i definitely would have cross shopped it (also helps the Ford and Jeep dealers are next door to each other in my town) and who knows which one i would have gone with.

However, now that i have the JL i doubt i would trade it in for a Bronco, but if i had enough coin to spare i would consider a 2dr one as an addition to the family.
Sponsored