First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I’m spending less and getting more. You must have Champaign taste.....

Yes man sas is available on 22 builds.

MSRP. Went in to buy the Rubi 2dr stick dealer had 4 of them same options on their lot for 3 months, California had like 22 exact same option jeeps sitting for 3 months(lots of jeeps no buyers) and the best the dealer could do was $2.5k off. On my way home the dealer emailed me(not knowing it was me that had made an offer an hour before) saying they had gotten permission for special pricing.
I had to inform him that I was just in and they shot my offer down cold, I had walked across the street ordered my 250 Tremor for the same price as the Jeeps Msrp.

I did not know this. I’m assuming this is accounting saying no. Will this change in 22? It is available on big bend.
i hope it changes for '22 otherwise id most likely never own a bronco. im still puzzled how you are spending less on a bronco for comparable options to a wrangler. id be curious to see your build sheets. All i care about is the hard top, engine block heater, and heated seats living in the northeast. With jeep, i can select those options individually. With bronco, you need to pick their stupid mid or high package (i forget which one the heated seats are in at this point), which is a few grand, just to get the heated seats option. a badlands 4 door STARTING msrp is more than the MSRP listed on my rubi after optioning it.
"champaigne"... wtf is that? :LOL:
edit: to get a heated steering wheel, like i have in my jeep for a few hundred bucks, you gotta spend over $5 grand to get the lux package. F that!
Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
i hope it changes for '22 otherwise id most likely never own a bronco. im still puzzled how you are spending less on a bronco for comparable options to a wrangler. id be curious to see your build sheets. All i care about is the hard top, engine block heater, and heated seats living in the northeast. With jeep, i can select those options individually. With bronco, you need to pick their stupid mid or high package (i forget which one the heated seats are in at this point), which is a few grand, just to get the heated seats option. a badlands 4 door STARTING msrp is more than the MSRP listed on my rubi after optioning it.
edit: to get a heated steering wheel, like i have in my jeep for a few hundred bucks, you gotta spend over $5 grand to get the lux package. F that!
2 dr JL Rubi stick black hard top comes to $51k, $52.7k if I include safety features included in my Bronco Build. Bronco 2dr Bandlands stick with upgraded wheels MT and high pack is $48.8k.

Just built a 4dr Rubi stick at $56k.
4dr Badlands stick with the $5k lux pack is $54k. Still cheaper.

Last edited:

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
You have to play around with both builders a bit to get a good idea for things. The reality is that the majority of builds that people go for will be cheaper on the Bronco; generally you get more basic stuff at each trim level, and the sasquatch is actually a really sweet deal especially at the lower trims.

However, as you mention, there are certain combinations where the jeep will be cheaper. I'm somewhat similar to you: All I want is the block heater and remote start. Heated wheel and seats is nice, but I can live without, and I actually love crank windows so bring it on. In this kind of case, the jeep is cheaper, but I would wager the majority of buyers are looking for a bit more than our preferences.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
2 dr JL Rubi stick black hard top comes to $51k, $52.7k if I include safety features included in my Bronco Build. Bronco 2dr Bandlands stick with upgraded wheels MT and high pack is $48.8k.

Just built a 4dr Rubi stick at $56k.
4dr Badlands stick with the $5k lux pack is $54k. Still cheaper.
what options are you adding on the rubi? a 4 door rubi manual trans is $44K with the destination fee on my screen. the 2 door is just over $40k, did you add other options other than the hard top?

what am i missing? :LOL:

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I have yet to see a stock Jeep rubi do something the Bronco can’t.
I openly admit I haven't been following the bronco very closely, but first thing that comes to my mind is can the bronco keep the front tires on the ground as well as a stock rubicon? A large part of the argument for solid front axles is articulation, so I'm curious to see how the broncos will be doing on the trails.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
what options are you adding on the rubi? a 4 door rubi manual trans is $44K with the destination fee on my screen. the 2 door is just over $40k, did you add other options other than the hard top?

what am i missing? :LOL:
https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...P,ADE,AD6,AJ1,AST,RC4,HT1,XNY,GXD,ADH,CHD,23R
$53,320 as equipped.

Adds up fast!
Like is said before I would not add the $1.5k in safety features but they come standard on the high pack Bronco at $48.8k as equipped.

Last edited:

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Can the Bronco wheel?

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Saw my first Bronco Sport yesterday. Reminds me of a Jeep Renegade.

G.

Sponsored

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Very good video by the LitBrite crew!

Was thinking today about these two good reasons for leaning toward the Bronco; 2.7 ecoboost and Sync3. The navigation on he F150 I had was so cool on the freeway with an image of your interchange, extremely accurate including lanes and signage.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Very good video by the LitBrite crew!

Was thinking today about these two good reasons for leaning toward the Bronco; 2.7 ecoboost and Sync3. The navigation on he F150 I had was so cool on the freeway with an image of your interchange, extremely accurate including lanes and signage.
Sync 4.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I think it is funny that they showed the Bronco climbing Hell's Gate. To bad they are three years late behind KIA. Hell's Gate... Pfff. Kia climbed it with a Sorento SUV. So the Bronco doing it is really not that impressive.

But hey, 5 years ago Subaru ran Hell's Revenge trail.

The real problem with the Bronco is in five or six years it will be just another beater with a heater. Just like a whipped out S-10 Blazer.
Are you saying the Jeep Rubicon is not that impressive as the Kia can do it? Was it me or did I miss the Subaru on Hells Gate?
How about Potato Salad Hill. I think an experienced driver with a highly modified JL just rolled there. Is that easy too? I’m guessing both the Kia and subura can make that climb.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Are you saying the Jeep Rubicon is not that impressive as the Kia can do it? Was it me or did I miss the Subaru on Hells Gate?
How about Potato Salad Hill. I think an experienced driver with a highly modified JL just rolled there. Is that easy too? I’m guessing both the Kia and subura can make that climb.
The higher end Bronco is going to be able to do the same a stock rubicon can. From the latest ive seen the Bronco is pretty capable. I think the JLU that rolled picked a harder line, there is more than one way to go up potato salad hill.

the Bronco still looks like a Lego. And the JL looks like a jeep.

To get a capable Bronco you need to get the higher end model, and it is pretty expensive. A slightly modified JL sport will be better than all broncos but the higher trim, and it will be more budget friendly.

Bronco is bringing more options to us consumers. If I was in the market for a Rubicon JL right now I would consider a Bronco, if it looked more manly.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
With all due respect to the Bronco, and because I've never actually seen or driven one, a JL Sport could have taken that line and climbed up just like the Bronco. The other guy who rolled def wasn't on that route. I wonder when they'll finally release some Broncos to the general public?
Sponsored