Sponsored

JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
If you want something that big might as well use a full size pickup. I strongly suspect the ”New Bronco” will do the same. Doesn’t do it for me-I’ll stay with Jeep
Currently the bronco is based off of the ranger chassis, so I suspect it will stay in that mid-size range for the foreseeable future.

I see the appeal of the Bronco and I am sure it is a threat to Wrangler sales. I don't expect that they'll be able to poach me away from Jeep, but the Bronco will be able to do everything most Wrangler owners ask of it but with a better ride, handling, and no steering complaints thanks to the IFS while also having the open top and doorless ability. The bronco has all of the updates the FJ Cruiser should have had about 10 years ago.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The old, first gen Bronco was a nice little rig (similar to a Scout, a bit more sohisticated than the same vintage CJ) - they morphed into an Elephant on stilts. If you want something that big might as well use a full size pickup. I strongly suspect the ”New Bronco” will do the same. Doesn’t do it for me-I’ll stay with Jeep, esp now that they’ve matured into a rig that has real doors and window😏
One big positive for be in regards to the Bronco is that its doors are frameless out of the box so i don't have to spend $4K to get half doors for my JL and the color not even fully match the body.

That said, i wouldn't trade in my JL to get a Bronco.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I think it is funny that they showed the Bronco climbing Hell's Gate. To bad they are three years late behind KIA. Hell's Gate... Pfff. Kia climbed it with a Sorento SUV. So the Bronco doing it is really not that impressive.

But hey, 5 years ago Subaru ran Hell's Revenge trail.

The real problem with the Bronco is in five or six years it will be just another beater with a heater. Just like a whipped out S-10 Blazer.
Except none of those kommie kars are freedom loving convertibles 🇺🇸

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Bronco doors are frameless? Uh-oh...!

Between the shaking and rattling on the trails, and Ford quality, how long before those windows come off their rails...?

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Only way I’d consider a bronco is if I can test drive one AND actually get a deal on one. My rubicon is thousands less than what a comparable bronco would be, and I really do like it. I pretty much canceled my reservation after I found out that you can’t get a bronco base model with the Sasquatch package and the manual transmission in a 4 door. That is the only way it would’ve been cheaper msrp, but I guess Ford knew that

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Only way I’d consider a bronco is if I can test drive one AND actually get a deal on one. My rubicon is thousands less than what a comparable bronco would be, and I really do like it. I pretty much canceled my reservation after I found out that you can’t get a bronco base model with the Sasquatch package and the manual transmission in a 4 door. That is the only way it would’ve been cheaper msrp, but I guess Ford knew that
Mines $48k. The comparable Jeep Rubi is $53k.

All those Jeep owners that are raving what the Bronco can do absolutely verify I made the right choice. I have yet to see a stock Jeep rubi do something the Bronco can’t.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA

All those Jeep owners that are raving what the Bronco can do absolutely verify I made the right choice. I have yet to see a stock Jeep rubi do something the Bronco can’t.
Is it a badlands? Do you have the few thousand dollar option that gives you heated seats like my rubi has for a few hundred bucks? I got my JLUR for quite a few grand under msrp, which is my point.
Glad you were able to build something that’s worth it to you tho, I really wanted to but couldn’t justify spending more money for something with less options

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
They backtracked that, you can get a manual with the sasquatch package now. Their website build thing doesn't do it, guess they copied Jeeps inaccurate website build configuration too haha.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34094734/ford-bronco-manual-transmission-sasquatch/

I just like how a-la-carte Broncos can be. You're not forced into trims and massive bundles of options you don't want, just to get one thing you do want. Jeep having a sasquatch equivalent for any trim would be amazing!

Sponsored

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU

Are those MSRP or are did you get a deal on the Bronco?

I ended up cancelling my Bronco Badlands order after the Spring to Summer delay and ended up in a Wrangler. The comparable (Bronco Badlands) was $61k+fees+taxes (Washington) - MSRP was the only option within the state, sadly. I was originally comparing MSRP as well.. little did I know there was significant deviation after getting invoice pricing and negotiating from there (same with my WRX).

The comparable Rubicon was $53k+fees+taxes (5% under invoice), leaving me with $8k of what I was originally intending to spend for aftermarket accessories.

I have a feeling the general availability of the Bronco on the market will fuel sweeter deals while buying a Jeep. Now you have 1) Jeep dealers against each other and 2) Ford dealers.

Ford is being incredibly aggressive on the lower trims, it seems like they are trying to price the higher trims dollar for dollar.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
They backtracked that, you can get a manual with the sasquatch package now. Their website build thing doesn't do it, guess they copied Jeeps inaccurate website build configuration too haha.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34094734/ford-bronco-manual-transmission-sasquatch/

I just like how a-la-carte Broncos can be. You're not forced into trims and massive bundles of options you don't want, just to get one thing you do want. Jeep having a sasquatch equivalent for any trim would be amazing!
Right, but you still can’t get that combo on the base model 4 door, unless something changed? 4 door can’t be had with the manual on a base model when I was looking to convert my res to an order, so I cancelled and got my rubi

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Right, but you still can’t get that combo on the base model 4 door, unless something changed? 4 door can’t be had with the manual on a base model when I was looking to convert my res to an order, so I cancelled and got my rubi
Ahh not sure on the 4 door, I'd assume so but who knows. That's what you get for not getting the correct number of doors :giggle:

(Kidding)

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Ahh not sure on the 4 door, I'd assume so but who knows. That's what you get for not getting the correct number of doors :giggle:

(Kidding)
LOL for the longest time my res was a 2 door, love the added length of the doors on the 2 door vs the 4 door. Looks really cool, but i was convinced the 4 door would be the "future proof" model to get unfortunately.

But yeah just checked again, no manual on a base 4 door which sucks. maybe once these finally roll out and hit dealerships, ill test drive and check out a 2 door in person. you CAN get the base model 2 door manual, so if the size feels right in person, id consider it

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Is it a badlands? Do you have the few thousand dollar option that gives you heated seats like my rubi has for a few hundred bucks? I got my JLUR for quite a few grand under msrp, which is my point.
Glad you were able to build something that’s worth it to you tho, I really wanted to but couldn’t justify spending more money for something with less options
I’m spending less and getting more. You must have Champaign taste.....

Yes man sas is available on 22 builds.
Are those MSRP or are did you get a deal on the Bronco?

I ended up cancelling my Bronco Badlands order after the Spring to Summer delay and ended up in a Wrangler. The comparable (Bronco Badlands) was $61k+fees+taxes (Washington) - MSRP was the only option within the state, sadly. I was originally comparing MSRP as well.. little did I know there was significant deviation after getting invoice pricing and negotiating from there (same with my WRX).

The comparable Rubicon was $53k+fees+taxes (5% under invoice), leaving me with $8k of what I was originally intending to spend for aftermarket accessories.

I have a feeling the general availability of the Bronco on the market will fuel sweeter deals while buying a Jeep. Now you have 1) Jeep dealers against each other and 2) Ford dealers.

Ford is being incredibly aggressive on the lower trims, it seems like they are trying to price the higher trims dollar for dollar.
MSRP. Went in to buy the Rubi 2dr stick dealer had 4 of them same options on their lot for 3 months, California had like 22 exact same option jeeps sitting for 3 months(lots of jeeps no buyers) and the best the dealer could do was $2.5k off. On my way home the dealer emailed me(not knowing it was me that had made an offer an hour before) saying they had gotten permission for special pricing.
I had to inform him that I was just in and they shot my offer down cold, I had walked across the street ordered my 250 Tremor for the same price as the Jeeps Msrp.
I did not know this. I’m assuming this is accounting saying no. Will this change in 22? It is available on big bend.
Sponsored