Sponsored

JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Oh good lord the haters are reaching now.
I’m not a hater. I plan on buying a Bronco. I am a little concerned about that trail turn though. I don’t know if it was there before but in the video there is some weird stuff going on with the surface where they were demonstrating the trail turn. It may be from the demonstrations. There had to be quite a few. I am simply wondering if the repeated use caused any of it.
I think TTA is a great maneuver and it looks like it has a legitimate use. I just wonder if it would lead to some trail damage if over used.
I’ve only posted a little on this thread mostly to correct some of the disinformation or ignorance about the Bronco. I’m not here to defend or advocate like most others.
Right now I’m in the midst of buying a van but when the Bronco comes out with something like the 4xe I will seriously consider it. It would be a great electric vehicle around town and a wonderful off roader when I need it. Two cars in one. I’m sure that is some of the allure of the 4xe to a few folks on this site.
Sponsored

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I agree. I LOVE to go fast as well. I trussed my axles upgraded shafts front and rear, as well as throwing in ADS shocks. Works great with all this but honestly stock it was amazing too. My thoughts on IFS and speed/handling is mostly from reading up on the benefits. So I give them credit in that venue, but in tech I have seen them, they are pretty silly unless you lengthen the arms quite a bit.

Havent noticed any suspension issues stock. When I went to 35s the suspension didnt work as well but that is understandable. 37s 4 inch lift, ADS suspension and it's gold.

I used to race dirt bikes (KTM 300s CR500AF's)and still go fast and know suspension and reading the terrain. Again I agree the JL is fun as hell ripping but I still think the Bronco with a 2.7 will be magic going fast.

BTW I just got back from the Bronco safari (they have to copy everything jeep does lol ) And a nice guy I was yapping to mention the bronco did mickey's hot tub. I didnt want to hurt his feelings but that isnt much of a feat. The obstacle is best conquered with a mostly stock rig. Low slung and a long wheel base will get you up top. Top well set up rigs have the most problems because most are the opposite of what you need there.
Interesting, when I do a lift I'll have to check out ADS. I was thinking just 2" lift and 35s, so it'd be a lot smaller than yours.
Agree on the bronco with the ecoboost, that thing should perform really well.

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
My brother in law has a bronco ordered and he thought he would get it the first of 2021 and then it was pushed to spring of 2021 and now it’s out until 2022.

I finally realized why the call it a Sasquatch package, there are lots of sightings and rumors but you never really see one off the production line!
Sponsored