Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
ferd strategy:

In 1997, Ford discontinued production of the Rangers at its Kentucky plant in Louisville, USA.
As a result, the third generation of Ford Rangers were only produced at Ford’s factories in St. Paul, Minnesota; Edison, New Jersey; and General Pacheco, Argentina.

Also, Ford added its Thailand Manufacturing Plant in Rayong, Thailand, to the list of factories that manufactures the Ranger in 2016.
After 2018, Ford closed down production of the Ranger in New Jersey and Minnesota, USA.
The company then moved production of some Ford Rangers to its factories in Michigan, USA; Hai Duong, Vietnam; Silverton, South Africa; and Lagos, Nigeria.

So this current run / dev of the bronco and (some) rangers is in Wayne, MI only part of their rangers. it's pretty likely they will move the bronco production to outside the USA at the first opportunity (when nobody is looking).
... the reason the ranger production moved out of the U.S. is because they stopped selling it here. Lol.
Sponsored

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Perfect opportunity for a new hood design
I would guess there is plenty of room now. Think of the ram air system on the 392. That tunnel on the underside of the hood is pretty big and scoop on the top side isnt very pronounced.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
The Bronco is here to stay for a long, long time. Unless off road vehicles are about to suddenly stop being popular and sedans make a comeback. But I’d bet every asset I own that off roading is only going to get more popular for the next few decades at least. Hell with automation and the pace of advancement the only non-automated vehicles for sale 20 years from now might be for off road use only. People complain about Ford being late to the game, but in 20 years the 1 year delay the Bronco has gone through will be completely forgotten. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see fully KOH ready Broncos and Jeeps from the factory by the end of the decade.

Anyone can disagree with my sentiment but I do pose one question to you. If someone had told you in 2011 about how successful the raptor was going to be, and that we’d have the TRX vs Raptor R battle with both trucks having over 700 horsepower, you probably wouldn’t believe them. The Jeep and Bronco are even more important for their respective parent companies and also sell even more units. If there’s a demand for this stuff (which there 100% is just based on the aftermarket alone) Ford and Stellantis will figure out a way to make it factory.
Then why did bronco (the real bronco) stop being made despite what I and many feel were a better machine in the 60s and 70s....unlike what I think this current bronco seems to be. IFS and not an extremely good looking machine doesnt seem to be a recipe for success. Although that motor sure is...but jeep now has a 392... In fact anything bronco has can easily be duplicated and improved upon...I sure hope they dont do the metro sexual GOAT thing. ;)

To be clear I am not a fan boi of jeep, I am however a fan boi of a solid front axle. I get why ford wuss'd out and didnt do it. It was cheaper and easier to just use the ranger platform and do the goat thing to patch up the flaws. I was super excited over the bronco prior to the reality hitting me. Now I just want jeep to step up it's game and continue to step over the bronco. I look forward to being wrong but thinking not. bummer.

I hope your sentiment is completely wrong ..not that raptor or TRX have anything to do with technical offroading that the jeep can do or bronco for that matter. I just want more people to start watching football and baseball and not on MY trails. ;)

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ford is building out stand- alone Bronco dealers, they are getting Big on the Bronco with good reason.
Back to the pix in pursuit of the camo'd Bronco ; could those
" Portals " actually be electric drive units ? The speed and ease that it pulled away say something interesting is out there

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Then why did bronco (the real bronco) stop being made despite what I and many feel were a better machine in the 60s and 70s....
American automakers had no idea what they were doing in the 70’s and 80’s. More at 11.
but jeep now has a 392...
I love the 392 but Jeep needs a reasonable GAS power upgrade for $2-$3k like what Bronco offers.
I sure hope they dont do the metro sexual GOAT thing. ;)
what am I reading right now
I just want more people to start watching football and baseball and not on MY trails. ;)
Luckily with how much less capable the Bronco is, you can just go on trails that are reserved for solid axles only. Shouldn’t be a problem!

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Well for me the 4xe was huge. 375hp nd 470ft lbs torque with plug in hybrid capability? Add in the $8000 tax credit ($7500 fed/$500 state) and it's no brainer. As a current Pacifica Hybrid owner we are super impressed with the gas savings and going 1500 miles between fill-ups. After the tax credit I am basically paying Umlimited Sport pricing (with a few options) for a pretty loaded Rubicon. Crazy.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Well for me the 4xe was huge. 375hp nd 470ft lbs torque with plug in hybrid capability? Add in the $8000 tax credit ($7500 fed/$500 state) and it's no brainer. As a current Pacifica Hybrid owner we are super impressed with the gas savings and going 1500 miles between fill-ups. After the tax credit I am basically paying Umlimited Sport pricing (with a few options) for a pretty loaded Rubicon. Crazy.
The 4XE is definitely a step in the right direction but I think many of us would still be apprehensive about the long term reliability 10+ years from now. I’d bet good money that my next vehicle after Bronco will be a plug in hybrid though.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Check out Lite Brite with Bronco. I did not know all the things it can do. Even Lite Bright was impressed.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
The 4XE is definitely a step in the right direction but I think many of us would still be apprehensive about the long term reliability 10+ years from now. I’d bet good money that my next vehicle after Bronco will be a plug in hybrid though.
Yes if you keep your vehicles 10+ years I agree. I don't. Usually keep our family vehicles about 7 and the batteries do have a 10 year 150K warranty in my state (ZEV state).

Sponsored

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
Yeah, saw LiteBrite's video today and really, although owning a 2 door JL Rubicon AND work for a Jeep dealership, I have to admit that I found 2 things really impressive:

1. You are able to connect / disconnect sway bar while fully flexed
2. The car is able to block the rear corner inner wheel to perform a hard turn

That's f***ing crazy, why isn't my JL able to do this.

To be honest, and I think we all can be that honest, JLs are great cars, BUT: There is always room for improvement, which Ford now did.

Hurry up Jeep and keep coming up with new technique.

Greets,

Tobias

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BUT:

Spoiler for next gen Wrangler:

A customer of mine is working for SG technologies here in Germany, Saarland.
They actually produce the sealings for our hard tops.

At the moment, they work on next gens hardtop sealings. As far as he could tell me, the next gen's hardtop is going to be absolutely improved. More versatile, especially the 4 door.

First step to keep up and challenge the new FORD Bronco.

Tobias

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, saw LiteBrite's video today and really, although owning a 2 door JL Rubicon AND work for a Jeep dealership, I have to admit that I found 2 things really impressive:

1. You are able to connect / disconnect sway bar while fully flexed
2. The car is able to block the rear corner inner wheel to perform a hard turn

That's f***ing crazy, why isn't my JL able to do this.

To be honest, and I think we all can be that honest, JLs are great cars, BUT: There is always room for improvement, which Ford now did.

Hurry up Jeep and keep coming up with new technique.

Greets,

Tobias
Yea, when LiteBrite is impressed with what it did that's saying a little something.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
BUT:

Spoiler for next gen Wrangler:

A customer of mine is working for SG technologies here in Germany, Saarland.
They actually produce the sealings for our hard tops.

At the moment, they work on next gens hardtop sealings. As far as he could tell me, the next gen's hardtop is going to be absolutely improved. More versatile, especially the 4 door.

First step to keep up and challenge the new FORD Bronco.

Tobias
Is that improvement for the Next Gen, that's 7 + years out, or for the mid cycle refresh ?

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, he said for the next gen. As far as his information was right, 2025/2026.
Sponsored