DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking machine, but the Wrangler, outside of the advantages of a solid front axle, has a big advantage in the marketplace that plays out long-term. Anyone can recognize a Jeep from a mile away. The Bronco doesn't have that kind of distinct look and universal recognition.

Still, I can't wait to see the Bronco in the wild!
Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Not going to lie, I like it! I like the retro yet modern look of it and I would have researched hard if it was an option in '19 when I bought my JLUR, I would seriously consider one if it had been out awhile and I knew possible issues I would have as it's nice to know what you need to look for. There is a lot of modern tech that is really untested in the type of environments that these vehicles are meant to be in. Would/will I trade my Jeep for one, NOPE! even though it would be nice to take the top off with out the need of a hoist system.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see the bronco with those plastic fenders removed.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
There is zero clearance on the Bronco wheels. That thing would get stuck in a heartbeat... Good thing the Wrangler is there to drag it out...

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Love the look, except for the huge “Bronco” draped across the front end. But hey, without that logo, a lot of folks wouldn’t recognize it, I guess?

Sponsored

BrianMurfy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
This Bronco does not have the standard Sasquatch lift. 35" tires on the Badlands without the normal increase in lift is what has been mentioned at the reveal. Regardless though, it certainly needs a lift with what it has going on. Everything you see here minus the wheels and the prototype window fill-ins on the Bronco will be offered by Ford at launch. Are all the Jeep accessories Mopar?
Bradley, Ford MUST offer all their parts through Ford because there are no aftermarket parts out there for the Bronco. Bronco owners are stuck buying from Ford even if they don't like the product they offer.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Great looking machine, but the Wrangler, outside of the advantages of a solid front axle, has a big advantage in the marketplace that plays out long-term. Anyone can recognize a Jeep from a mile away. The Bronco doesn't have that kind of distinct look and universal recognition.

well said!

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S

Yeah but isn't that the appeal? Jeeps are a dime a dozen... they may be recognizable but they're equally ubiquitous even in major cities where almost nobody wheels them. The Bronco is still a unique look much like the FJ and it will still be new. Barring limitations in how many can be produced, I would not be shocked at all if first year sales compete with the Wrangler and eat a bit of that pie.

Bradley, Ford MUST offer all their parts through Ford because there are no aftermarket parts out there for the Bronco. Bronco owners are stuck buying from Ford even if they don't like the product they offer.
No different than a Jeep and it's just the nature of a new vehicle. I mean the original JL bumper options were just JK bumpers with adapter plates and the real lift kits took a fair bit of time to hit market too. I can guarantee the aftermarket for the Bronco will pop quickly.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
This was more of a point that these can all be financed with your car loan. I understand Jeep has the aftermarket cornered at the moment. The Bronco shown has primarily all accessories available to be financed. That cant be said about the Jeep in the photo. In 2 years time I expect the after market to be closer in numbers.

Sponsored

swish77

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Prefer the classic, old-school lines of the Wrangler, especially the two-door. Still reminds me of an old CJ. The Bronco is a retro re-do that looks too similar to the Toyota FJ Cruiser, IMHO.

Now, the ride/feel of the Bronco remains to be seen. We'll know in a year or two if it's a hit, once the new-model hype wears off.

DShanesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Not going to lie, I like it! I like the retro yet modern look of it and I would have researched hard if it was an option in '19 when I bought my JLUR, I would seriously consider one if it had been out awhile and I knew possible issues I would have as it's nice to know what you need to look for. There is a lot of modern tech that is really untested in the type of environments that these vehicles are meant to be in. Would/will I trade my Jeep for one, NOPE! even though it would be nice to take the top off with out the need of a hoist system.
To me it looks so TAME compared to how rugged the Jeep looks. The Bronco looks like an SUV that's trying to transition into an off road beast. The Jeep looks and is so much more rugged looking and raw. I like that they've kept that look with the fenders and grill while still adapting the interior and making the ride a little more comfy in the JL's. In the end, I think this will create better products through more competition which is good for all of us!

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Agree. I don't care for the look of the Bronco at all. Looks like a Land Rover or something.

I swear, I'm not a Jeep fanboy lol. Frankly, haven't even ever owned a Jeep...only have one on order. So I can't be a fanboy yet :)

Seriously though, I don't dig the look of that Bronco at all. I think it's great though as competition is always good and it'll push Jeep and keep Jeep honest in the future.

To me it looks so TAME compared to how rugged the Jeep looks. The Bronco looks like an SUV that's trying to transition into an off road beast. The Jeep looks and is so much more rugged looking and raw. I like that they've kept that look with the fenders and grill while still adapting the interior and making the ride a little more comfy in the JL's. In the end, I think this will create better products through more competition which is good for all of us!