Sponsored

Endless Summer

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 AMG E63S
Is that the full fledged Bronco? I realize I own a JL Rubicon, but that is a bad look for the Bronco. It looks very feminine in comparison to the Jeep. The body simply lacks definition and looks like it will blend in with the CUV/SUV crowd.
agree. that thing looks awful.
Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
The fenders are too softly curved and the nose seems lower than it should be.
also it looks like the body is swallowing the roll cage. As opposed to a Jeep it looks better with thr hard top on

The 2 door on 37s looks pretty good though

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs Bronco rigs side by side look 7694DCA1-D311-45E3-B848-CE52D5074631

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I am not suggesting it will be iconic. I was suggesting it's silly to ensure it won't be before it lauches. Carry on.
Ok, I'll wait until it launches, then I'll say I doubt it will become an Icon. Thought I'd save everyone some time. ;)

It's only my opinion. I could be wrong. I'm wrong a lot. Just ask my wife.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Both look good. Jeep looks more urgent due to wheels sitting all under flairs and more chisled grill.
Bronco is more of jeep Cherokee look to it. Needs 3 " lift .

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
also it looks like the body is swallowing the roll cage. As opposed to a Jeep it looks better with thr hard top on

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs Bronco rigs side by side look 7694DCA1-D311-45E3-B848-CE52D5074631
That guy looks tiny in it.

Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Is that the full fledged Bronco? I realize I own a JL Rubicon, but that is a bad look for the Bronco. It looks very feminine in comparison to the Jeep. The body simply lacks definition and looks like it will blend in with the CUV/SUV crowd.
I don't even understand how a vehicle "looks feminine".

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Is this real? Lol
Actually yes, they are all pissed off about it over on the Bronco forums, that's where I saw it. And no, I'm not remotely interested in a Bronco, I was before they released it but I think it is butt ugly and after owning numerous IFS equipped offroad vehicle I know IFS doesn't cut it for what I like to do.

Greg Cobble

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I currently drive a JL 2dr Rubi, Dynatrac lift, Toyo M/T 315/75/17, Icon wheels and I really like it. It is my third Wrangler. I also had 3 FJ's including the ultimate edition. I enjoyed each of them.
If offered my choice of the two vehicles pictured in the OP, I would be driving the Bronco home. I think it looks pretty sweet.
I might be back in a JL in a year or two, but I would give it a go. But, the Bronco I would want is not cheap!

Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Some photos I took today in Michigan. Couldn't resist taking a few side by side photos of the Bronco 2 door "Black Diamond Edition" (Not sure what that means) next to my JLR.

Maybe it's the lighting, but that Bronco hard top looks light grey....and the other trim pieces look black.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
I'm a 2020 Rubi owner and I'd buy a Bronco in a heartbeat. LOL @ people deciding before the first one is sold whether it's going to be iconic or not. Agree on the prioritization of comfort vs. offroad. Jeep makes no major sacrifices. The Rubi is great around town but at 75mph on the freeway it's loud AF, gets blown around all over and has jerk steer / death wobble, wanders, etc..... If you could get 80% of the offroad prowess with 80% improvement in on road manners and tech - you'll have a market.. And they will.. I won't buy one - happy with my Jeep - but I would if I was shopping them heads up and so will a lot of non-hardcores. If you're on this forum - Bronco probably isn't for you. But as mentioned earlier in the thread - the amount of stock mall crawl jeeps you see around town is incredible. there will be a big market for bronco as long as it's not a massive pile of shit coming out of the gate.
I am starting to wonder if my JL SS is an aberration. I am coming from an Audi A4 and really have zero issues with my Jeep's on-road manners. I regularly find (to my surprise) that I am pushing 80 on the freeway with one hand on the wheel. Sure she has a bit more 'drift' than my Audi, but It is such a minimal - and more importantly, consistent - motion, that by the end of the first week, almost all 'driver' corrections were automatic. I took my wife on a 700 mile trip soon after I got it and we both agreed - while her Range Rover's 'better ride' was only noticeable on the most beat up roads, the seats - both in support and position- were much better in the Wrangler.
In short, I feel no need for a better on road performance.

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I am starting to wonder if my JL SS is an aberration. I am coming from an Audi A4 and really have zero issues with my Jeep's on-road manners. I regularly find (to my surprise) that I am pushing 80 on the freeway with one hand on the wheel. Sure she has a bit more 'drift' than my Audi, but It is such a minimal - and more importantly, consistent - motion, that by the end of the first week, almost all 'driver' corrections were automatic. I took my wife on a 700 mile trip soon after I got it and we both agreed - while her Range Rover's 'better ride' was only noticeable on the most beat up roads, the seats - both in support and position- were much better in the Wrangler.
In short, I feel no need for a better on road performance.
Same here. It’s not an aberration. My stock 2019 JLUR 6-speed did great on a long road trip, and I bet the majority of the stock JL/JLU owners feel the same.

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS

The sight line looks horrible due to the high belt line and the high upper fender corners being so far to the corners. Can’t compete with Wrangler when viewing obstacles.
Just draw an imaginary line from the guy’s eyes over the corners and see. At least the doors are off so he can jump out to assess the damage easily. Looks like any other normal vehicle if you take the doors off.
Jeep Wrangler has no comparison, here.

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS
Same here. It’s not an aberration. My stock 2019 JLUR 6-speed did great on a long road trip, and I bet the majority of the stock JL/JLU owners feel the same.
Yep. Not one issue with either of mine. However, I do all of my own work other than warranty and prepaid LOF.
Sponsored