First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
We have both, and I of course am a Jeeper, and love my 2020 Recon; my wife is a true LR vehicle fan! We just got her a "base" Defender....was the exact same price as my Recon, down to the dollar. That's the sweet spot people need to hit to make it a "smart" buy to me at least........as far as reliability, our 4.5 year old Jaguar F Pace is still going strong with ZERO issues..in fact all 6 JLR products we have had over the years had ZERO issues....not sure all the hype about the Defender...and yes, I have seen the TFL vehicle.....trust me, if you've been on this forum since day one, I have had 2 JLURs and 1 JTR, and there was a ton of banter about reliability and problems..."thin Steering!".....oh well, we are happy with both!
Pics for reference

Recon 1.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
I’m open to adoption, just throwing that out there :LOL:;)
Sponsored

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
LR makes Wrangler almost seem like a reliable option. Garbage.
About 15 years ago, I was searching for a slightly used SUV, and I’ll never forget what the Brits said on some websites about their used Land Rovers:
“What rubbish!”
I still hear that two-word phrase in my mind today (in a British accent, of course) and can’t help but smile.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It’s really just a crossover. Angry eyes from the factory if that’s your thing

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I own both (Jeep and the 4R, that is. Wouldn’t touch the LR with a 20’ cheater pipe).

My wife and I love her 4R. It’s an Unlimited, so the Boujee trim, and 2WD (she bought it while I was deployed, I wouldn’t have let her do that if I was there).

Hasn’t been without its issues though; more than the jeep, actually. But I like how it feels like a vehicle straight out of 2009. Because it is.

Sponsored

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
Somehow these three testers hardly noticed that the New Defender with a front tire up on the Ziggurat had its rear wheel a almost meter off the ground. (The Jeep's rear wheel had stayed on the ground in the same test.) Eventually they noted the wheel in the air and said "it looks like the Defender may have a little less articulation." Axle type was only mentioned once in this half hour+ video and only as a drawback for on-road steering.

Articulation isn't the only thing you look for in off-road performance, but if you don't understand what it means when you have a wheel way up in the air, then you shouldn't be testing off-road vehicles.

(I'm a big fan of the Defender, but this New Defender is not one. It's a nice luxury vehicle though.)
Sponsored