Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I agree with what they said about the Defender. I came across one last week. The pictures of the Defender don’t do justice to the design in person. The 4 door tested by Edmund’s was $73k.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Throughout the years, my list of favorite cars included obviously the wrangler, but also the old defender.

was totally stoked to find out that they were bringing back the defender, thinking that I may go in that direction as opposed to the wrangler. Obviously, the design of the new defender is very different from my preferred 90s look.... I personally find it less appealing and have decided to pass just based on the look. I’m sure it’s a nice car and all, but I prefer the safari buggy look.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I’m sure it’s a nice car and all, but I prefer the safari buggy look.
Based on the pictures alone, I felt the same way and wouldn’t have given it a second thought.

Wait until you see it with larger tires and in person. It’s much boxier and less round/curvy than the pictures would make you believe.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
there is someone who lives near me who has one. the one wit the box mounted not he side. i just don't like it. zero appear for me. it just looks like there is so much plastic on it. the original defender was beautiful. my neighbor's kid has an old red beater one that has seen so much off road love. lol it's just classic rolling down the street.

Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I've come across one "well equipped" one in person. like other's have mentioned, it's a much more beautiful vehicle in person. If I was in a few tax brackets up (or down if you want to get political :-P), honestly I'd consider it. Doesn't mean I think it's better than the Jeep. Just a different car.

Definitely can't wait to see car reviews of the Ineos Grenedier!

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Sadly, it seems that the Defender going into "ALL" mode, was like the 4runner activating all is special traction aids.

I really want to love the defender. I hope it is a success for LR. But there will have to be several years of customer abuse before I can make a verdict. Same for the Bronco or the Ineos.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Throughout the years, my list of favorite cars included obviously the wrangler, but also the old defender.

was totally stoked to find out that they were bringing back the defender, thinking that I may go in that direction as opposed to the wrangler. Obviously, the design of the new defender is very different from my preferred 90s look.... I personally find it less appealing and have decided to pass just based on the look. I’m sure it’s a nice car and all, but I prefer the safari buggy look.

If you like the look of the old Defenders, You might like the 2021 Ineos Granadier then. :)

Ineos Grenadier Reveal

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I saw one on my recent trip to the eastern sierras. Ugliest car Ive ever seen in my life. Believe me it looks even worst in person. My wife thought it was a badly modded FJ.

Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I saw a defender at Home Depot this morning. Looks pretty awesome in person but the fixed top is a no go for me

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
We have both, and I of course am a Jeeper, and love my 2020 Recon; my wife is a true LR vehicle fan! We just got her a "base" Defender....was the exact same price as my Recon, down to the dollar. That's the sweet spot people need to hit to make it a "smart" buy to me at least........as far as reliability, our 4.5 year old Jaguar F Pace is still going strong with ZERO issues..in fact all 6 JLR products we have had over the years had ZERO issues....not sure all the hype about the Defender...and yes, I have seen the TFL vehicle.....trust me, if you've been on this forum since day one, I have had 2 JLURs and 1 JTR, and there was a ton of banter about reliability and problems..."thin Steering!".....oh well, we are happy with both!
Pics for reference

Recon 1.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
A couple of Defenders near me, and they are a let down. Hoping for something more stout. Very cheap and plasticy looking, tail lights look like old Chevy HHR, and may as well be a Honda CRV and Rav4 mashup. Looks like a refreshed Freelander. .
Well, at least the durable 4runner continues on and the new Ford should be a fun add to the category

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I agree. A larger / newer looking Freelander. Pass...
Sponsored