Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I agree. A larger / newer looking Freelander. Pass...

Advertisement

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Pharmacy Product Implementation Manager
We have both, and I of course am a Jeeper, and love my 2020 Recon; my wife is a true LR vehicle fan! We just got her a "base" Defender....was the exact same price as my Recon, down to the dollar. That's the sweet spot people need to hit to make it a "smart" buy to me at least........as far as reliability, our 4.5 year old Jaguar F Pace is still going strong with ZERO issues..in fact all 6 JLR products we have had over the years had ZERO issues....not sure all the hype about the Defender...and yes, I have seen the TFL vehicle.....trust me, if you've been on this forum since day one, I have had 2 JLURs and 1 JTR, and there was a ton of banter about reliability and problems..."thin Steering!".....oh well, we are happy with both!
Pics for reference

Recon 1.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
I’m open to adoption, just throwing that out there :LOL:;)

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
LR makes Wrangler almost seem like a reliable option. Garbage.
About 15 years ago, I was searching for a slightly used SUV, and I’ll never forget what the Brits said on some websites about their used Land Rovers:
“What rubbish!”
I still hear that two-word phrase in my mind today (in a British accent, of course) and can’t help but smile.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It’s really just a crossover. Angry eyes from the factory if that’s your thing

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I own both (Jeep and the 4R, that is. Wouldn’t touch the LR with a 20’ cheater pipe).

My wife and I love her 4R. It’s an Unlimited, so the Boujee trim, and 2WD (she bought it while I was deployed, I wouldn’t have let her do that if I was there).

Hasn’t been without its issues though; more than the jeep, actually. But I like how it feels like a vehicle straight out of 2009. Because it is.

Advertisement

TopLift Pros

Advertisement