Sponsored

JL Wrangler Unlimited Dimensions Measurements (Cargo, Trunk, Rear Seats)

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I may have missed this, are those silver rails on the floor for strapping cargo?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I may have missed this, are those silver rails on the floor for strapping cargo?
Yes, and for the Trail Rail Cargo Organizer / Manage System -- which slides into the rail to create an adjustable barrier.

trail-rail-cargo-organizer1.jpg

trail-rail-cargo-organizer2.jpg

trail-rail-cargo-organizer3.jpg

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Yes, and for the Trail Rail Cargo Organizer / Manage System -- which slides into the rail to create an adjustable barrier.

trail-rail-cargo-organizer1.jpg

trail-rail-cargo-organizer2.jpg

trail-rail-cargo-organizer3.jpg
Thank you! I am very new to the Wrangler community. I have been waiting 2 years to buy a jeep and I am excited to finally get one !

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thank you! I am very new to the Wrangler community. I have been waiting 2 years to buy a jeep and I am excited to finally get one !
Well welcome to the community (JLWF and Jeep)! We all start somewhere and we think this is a nice place to start (if we must say so ourselves) :)

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
Any idea how far forward the front passenger seat moves, to effectively extend the distance from the tailgate to the back of the seat? Also, do the measurements only differ on the 2-door along this axis?

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
JLU with seats down is roughly the same area as a twin bed (39x74). Should make it easy to sleep back there.
I guess if one can't have the back be the size of a sheet of plywood, being the size of a twin mattress is good second.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
My wagon has an organizer similar to the Trail Rail system that stows in a compartment beneath the floor, so it's always available and out of the way. Is there anywhere to stow this bar in the Wrangler?

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Well welcome to the community (JLWF and Jeep)! We all start somewhere and we think this is a nice place to start (if we must say so ourselves) :)
Thank you! I am very excited. I live in Northern California, do you have any recommendations on where to do research about trails?

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR

Sponsored

Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler JKU Backcountry XPPC
That bench seat depth can't be right... maybe it should be 22.5? Or maybe the measurement is to the back of the front seat all the way forward?

I'm looking for info on the back seat/comfort as for most normal/large sized adults, the back seat in my JKU is not comfortable at all. I was hoping to find more info. It looks like the back seat is similar. For those who have seen it in person, is it any better than the JK?

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
You guys asked for measurements so we got climbed over every inch of the JL Wrangler at the LA Autoshow debut. Here's what our tape measure recorded.

* Please note that the above measurements are approximates as they were taken with a tape measure at the pre-production vehicles shown at the LA Auto Show reveal.
Thanks, Jay! Great detailed measurements ... and with labeled pics too!

Reactions: JAY
OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

That bench seat depth can't be right... maybe it should be 22.5? Or maybe the measurement is to the back of the front seat all the way forward?
Thanks for catching that. The correct measurement for rear seat depth is 16.25" I've corrected it in the first post and corresponding image.

I'm looking for info on the back seat/comfort as for most normal/large sized adults, the back seat in my JKU is not comfortable at all. I was hoping to find more info. It looks like the back seat is similar. For those who have seen it in person, is it any better than the JK?
I didn't have a chance to sit in the rear seat long enough to gauge seat comfort but I can tell you that they are a bit more reclined than the JKU.

Link Pin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara, 2020 Gladiator
Sorry, I can't say, I just put @JAY 's measurement in metric.

May be @JAY can answer your question.
My Bad PHCN! How about it Jay, You have any info on the front seat dimensions?
Sponsored