Sponsored

JL Wrangler Unlimited Dimensions Measurements (Cargo, Trunk, Rear Seats)

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Does anyone have the actual height of the stock rubicon with a hardtop? I know jeep quotes 73.6" but this can't be true of all trim level and tops. The soft top which is base price looks to be about 3" higher than the hard top. I'm not sure which is 73.6". Also, rubicon looks a a couple inches higher than the sport when standing next to both and looking at roof (not fenders which can be deceiving). Any input would be helpful. Need to see if it would fit in my garage - low clearance.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know the distance between the inner edges of the two tail lights? Need to see if a cargo carrier will fit and not block the tail lights.
4' 2" between inside edges of tail lights.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the actual height of the stock rubicon with a hardtop? I know jeep quotes 73.6" but this can't be true of all trim level and tops. The soft top which is base price looks to be about 3" higher than the hard top. I'm not sure which is 73.6". Also, rubicon looks a a couple inches higher than the sport when standing next to both and looking at roof (not fenders which can be deceiving). Any input would be helpful. Need to see if it would fit in my garage - low clearance.
My JLU sport S measures 73" from ground to top of hard top. My tires are very similar in size to the Rubi tires, but I added a 2.5" coil spacer lift. My bet is that the 73.6" you quoted is for a Rubi with soft top.

RERAIL

First Name
Kell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU SPORT
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
So now that all the questions have been answered, I have one more to ask. My wife asked that I park the JLU in the garage. Sure no problem. Ya right. So....What is the outside dimension from side mirror to side mirror on a JLU Sport with manual mirrors? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

eLECTRICON

How about the inside roof from the back of the top roll bar to the back of the hard top above the rear window. For drop down storage ideas. I don't have a JL yet or ID measure it my self.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You guys asked for measurements so we got climbed over every inch of the JL Wrangler at the LA Autoshow debut. Here's what our tape measure recorded.

Overall Cargo Space:

Wrangler JL Unlimited cargo volume: 31.7 cubic feet (with rear seats up) (0.2 cu ft more than JK)
Wrangler JL Unlimited cargo volume: 72.4 cubic feet (with rear seats folded) (1.8 cu ft more than JK)

Cargo / Trunk:

Cargo / trunk opening width — 41.5”
Cargo / trunk opening height — 35.75”
Subwoofer to other side of cargo area — 40.25"
Cargo floor to rear cross member/bar — 35.5"
Distance between roll bars (measured from inside of each) — 43.5”
Back of rear seats (bottom) to closed tailgate — 34.5"
Back of front passenger seat (when pulled all the way forward and backrest at halfway) to closed tailgate — 74"

Rear Window:

Top width of rear window frame — 43.25"
Bottom width of rear window frame — 47.5"
Top of tailgate to top of rear window frame — 18.5”

Rear seats:

Rear seat back height — 23"
Rear seat bench width — 49”
Rear seat bench depth — 16.24"

Subwoofer:

Sahara / Rubicon Subwoofer — 10”

* Please note that the above measurements are approximates as they were taken with a tape measure at the pre-production vehicles shown at the LA Auto Show reveal.

jeep-wrangler-jl-cargo-trunk-dimensions-measurements0.jpg

jeep-wrangler-jl-cargo-trunk-dimensions-measurements1.jpg

jeep-wrangler-jl-cargo-trunk-dimensions-measurements2.jpg

jeep-wrangler-jl-cargo-trunk-dimensions-measurements3.jpg

jeep-wrangler-jl-rear-seats-dimensions-measurements.jpg
Jay,
I'm designing a rear bumper do you happen to know the exact width of the rear of the jeep JL from corner to corner across the back it is 60"?

DaveN

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Bringing back sleeping threads to keep info in one place. Would someone with a two door JL please share the interior dimensions? The width and height are probably very similar but I’m interested in the distance between the passenger side dashboard and the rear door. I’m still exploring options for travel with my dog and cat and am looking at 2 door for sleeping and towing a small off-road trailer. Thanks
Sponsored