JL Wrangler trunk cargo space / area -- first good pics with hardtop

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Because chest - thumping. Remember the outcry when they updated the godawful original JK interior in 2011? You would've thought Jeep was sacrificing babies off of the Empire State Building!
Wait... what, they are going to throw babies off the Empire State Bldg?????:devil::giggle:
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
And I liked that interior, much easier to take doors off, roll window down, reach through, grab that handy strap.
Also, a storage tray, not that stretchy netting , on the door.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sure would like to see those seats fold FLAT. Also, the passenger front seat to fold flat, like even the Compass Latitude used to. Very handy to have that flat fold seat...

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting "cargo mat", I'd rather have all the floor covered as an option. I get the wanting to have the rails uncovered by some. Looks like it's the same pattern as the floor mats so it's likely the mat that is factory for the JL. Looks like I'll be going aftermarket if that's the case. Not the end of the world and glad it was NOT available when i ordered in December. I regret getting the floor mats only because now I have to buy the carpeted mats (I'll buy aftermarket to save a few bucks).

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
So how do you keep two quarter panels back there? Last thing I want is a glass panel on the floor of my cargo area.

Guess we'll be seeing some steel shelves for the rear of the JLs with the removable quarters.

While way cool - I see these going the way of the Mustang hardtop from 1995.

95HardtopVert.jpg

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I regret getting the floor mats only because now I have to buy the carpeted mats (I'll buy aftermarket to save a few bucks).
Isn’t it supposed to come with both the carpet mats since they’re standard, AND the rubber mats that you paid for ?!
Sounds like the dealer got your carpeted mats...

Jeepin Jason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 XJ, '16 JKURHR
If it's like the cargo mat in late model JKs it's carpet on one side and rubber pattern on the other.
Sponsored