JL Wrangler trunk cargo space / area -- first good pics with hardtop

VA6489

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 4x4 diesel, 56 f100 4x4, soon my first "new Jeep"
Like the interior. With anything new someone is going to complain about the new rope. Love to see a Topo map feature/mode in that big center mounted display, that would be useful off road. I am hoping that the interior is at least water resistant. I think it is a good compromise between the hi end and utility.

What I would love to see come back is the ordering process. Base line stripped down you can build with HD axles, no electronics, stick and engine options. all the way up to the Rubi where many of these things are standard.

In the late 70s early 80s one could order every nut and both the way they wanted..... cost savings combined packages to the 90% buyer.... Special orders have become a thing of the past or only available to select organizations. Over all I think FCA has done very well in redesigning a very Iconic vehicle bringing new capability and convenience to a very opinionated group. Still with all this said, 80% of these vehicles bought will most likely never see anything more than wet grass and gravel roads. Mine will see trails as well as be my new daily driver and at some point down the line become less of a daily driver and more of a trail machine.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
The rear wiper housing looks pretty good on the rear hatch.

Tie downs on the back of the seats will help when folded flat. The cargo area looks clean - I like it.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Sahara interior.

jeep-wrangler-jl-interior1.jpg
jeep-wrangler-jl-interior2.jpg
jeep-wrangler-jl-interior3.jpg
jeep-wrangler-jl-interior4.jpg
Cupholder observation:

Between the two cup holders - is that slotted so that a phone can fit in easier? If so, genius design. We all stick our phones in the cupholder and it bangs around and is sloppy. But a rectangular opening between the two? Nice. Can fit in there and not get in the way.

Sponsored

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Cupholder observation:

Between the two cup holders - is that slotted so that a phone can fit in easier? If so, genius design. We all stick our phones in the cupholder and it bangs around and is sloppy. But a rectangular opening between the two? Nice. Can fit in there and not get in the way.
good observation. that would be an excellent design feature.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Still wonder if the back seats are more reclined than on the JK, if they have any adjustments, and if they are even remotely comfortable. Not that I'll ever sit back there, but the incessant whining gets really nerve racking after a while...

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I couldn’t imagine having a huge screen with the top off. The glare from the sun would make it useless. I have a Kenwood 9903S with a capacitive screen. The screen looks black with the top off and sunglasses on.

How to other convertibles with large screens deal with the glare?
I added some gorilla glass esque screen protector which helps reduce glare.

Also, is it just me or is that sub HUGE?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Also, is it just me or is that sub HUGE?
The diameter is definitely quite large, but thankfully the volume is much lower than the old pre-2015 model which took up too much cargo space.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
The diameter is definitely quite large, but thankfully the volume is much lower than the old pre-2015 model which took up too much cargo space.
Ah, that's great news. We do see a lot of cargo space in these pictures... looks great.

Sponsored

JL's JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2018 JL
There is a JK right next to this JL. Too bad no side by side shots.

Cupholder observation:

Hopefully it is and hopefully it's deep enough to hold the bigger phones that's becoming standard these days.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Cupholder observation:

Here's another pic. Looks like it is big enough to fit two phones even.

black-2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-d-jpg-jpg.jpg

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
Here's another pic. Looks like it is big enough to fit two phones even.

black-2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-d-jpg-jpg.jpg
I personally like the body colored dash. However I have read a lot of people complaining about it. It looks like the Sahara model may come with the leather dashboard unless this is another foreign model.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
I wish they add a USB charging port on top of the dash. This way when we all have the phone mounts attached to the windshield we don't have the wire hanging down to the front of the dash board.

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I wish they add a USB charging port on top of the dash. This way when we all have the phone mounts attached to the windshield we don't have the wire hanging down to the front of the dash board.
That would be nice. Although my hope is that is less of an issue with the addition of car play.
Sponsored