Sponsored

JL Wrangler trunk cargo space / area -- first good pics with hardtop

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Is that what the yellow thing is? A broom ! I was trying to figure it out. I can't tell but does the jeep still have that little below floor storage compartment?

Who says you have to wheel in spartan iteriot? Why can't the jeep have a nice luxurious interior and a killer 4 wheel drive system with lockers etc. does the gwagon have a crappy interior ? Uh no!
A Gwagon is damn near triple the price of a Wrangler though lol
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I think they got it just right. Not too gaudy and over the top, but nice. I ordered a cloth interior for function, so I certainliy wouldn't call that luxury. It does have heated seats and steering wheel, but I've been in my brother's new Chevrolet Silverado High Country, and I don't think the JL will be quite as luxurious as that.

Truth is, they did LOTS of market research on this thing, and there is no vehicle with such an established, predictable market as the Wrangler. I think they'll sell every one of the 280k per year they are planning, and possible more. Certainly more, when the JT gets out. They know what they are doing, and how not to screw it up when it comes to the Wrangler. They also know what people are willing to pay. If they miss on that, there is plenty of room to drop the price to where it needs to be, and still be profitable. Think not? Watch and learn over the next couple years.

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
From the picture that rear seat seems to have some good recline angle. Can anyone with jku comment if this seems improved?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't be surprised at some point to see the JL offered in Sahara trim. Then again, their market research probably showed that most will either option up a JL or move to a JLU.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep has one huge advantage over you and I, who rely solely on logic and speculation. They have actual sales and marketing data. I doubt they'd do something that wasn't supported by actual data.

Btw, personally, which matters very little to anyone beyond me, have no desire for any part of the Sahara trim, other than the painted fender flares, which started originally on the Sahara. I'm not saying I don't like them. They are beautiful Jeeps. They just aren't the way I want my Wranglers.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Jeep has one huge advantage over you and I, who rely solely on logic and speculation. They have actual sales and marketing data. I doubt they'd do something that wasn't supported by actual data.

Btw, personally, which matters very little to anyone beyond me, have no desire for any part of the Sahara trim, other than the painted fender flares, which started originally on the Sahara. I'm not saying I don't like them. They are beautiful Jeeps. They just aren't the way I want my Wranglers.
Ditto for me!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Sahara has been the mall crawler/soccer mom wrangler since it’s inception.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Pfffft really? Let me dig up some pics of my YJ wheeling up and down the east coast for you.
I get it. I had a ‘99 Sahara. While it was the top of the line model at the time, it came with extra carpet and other crap not ideally suited for an off-road machine. Now that the Rubicon has manifested, the Sahara has slid even further toward being pretty and adding creature comforts.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
What size do you think it is? 8 or 10?
Looks like a thin 10”, I think 8” isn’t big enough and 12” wouldn’t leave that much space back there.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
We still need pics of what the cargo space looks like with the seats folded down. Also need to know if the turbo BSG battery uses up trunk space.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm hoping that big Speaker Thing will be a STORAGE CUBBY for those who dont want the Bells and Whistles.
Looking at all that plastic , please have Storage options ! Once the Initial Launch is done, we'll see some more Utilitarian editions, geared toward the Outdoors users. Call it "The Throwback Edition"
Sponsored