JL Wrangler Rubicon "1941" by Mopar Debuts in Geneva [Updated With Show Pics]

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
I live close to Geneva and will be at the show next week.

If someone here needs some detailed pictures of anything. Just let me know and I will post it on this thread :)
Sponsored

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
I know it says it's a Rubicon, does it have lockers though?
Our European Rubicon are US Rubicon with the following differences:

+ Sahara fender flares (a bit different on the side, there is an additional stripe)
+ Ugly front bumper (identical for all EU Sport/Sahara/Rubicon) for homologation reasons... No alternative options proposed by Jeep in Europe.
+ Special Hood identical for all the JLs, a mix between the US Rubicon and US Sahara
+255/75R17 KM3 Tires
+Rear bumper with license plate in the middle

For the rest it is all like yours.

That being said, the basic price with NO options for a JLUR : 63 000 USD + 12 000 USD for ecological taxes (France only)...

Just for info, here in Europe, a OEM Mopar trailer hitch (including electric hardware) is sold by Mopar at the retail price of.... 2 000 USD. :CWL:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Hmm, get rid of the snorkel, get rid of some decals, and put beefier tires on the thing.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Now that you've pointed it out, I see the center license plate on the rear bumper. Probably because of the length of your plates?

Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
It's ok. Just another version of a Jeep. (but this coming from a moab owner)

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Yes because of it ;)

But the real Jeep enthusiasts put the US specs in aftermarket with the US license plates dimensions... Not legal, but on a Wrangler we have less trouble with cops for that kind of modifications.

KingTtn1

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Still trying to figure out the whole snorkel thing if the max water level indicated is well below engine intake height. Can someone help clarify for me...heck, if it is in fact beneficial I may just get one.

Sponsored

AucturitasJones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Business Management
Vehicle Showcase
It's cute but that's kind of the problem for me , it's "cute" I wish it had a little bigger tires, a winch (Europe has muddy trails right?) and some LED KC lights. For some reason it also looks too short in length even for a two door. It's probably just an illusion due to the contrasting colors in the background maybe? I don't know if I were in Europe if that's the version of Jeep I would buy. I do like the snorkel and would try to get off road somewhere and drive across some wet swampy stuff if I had one on mine. Sounds fun.

AucturitasJones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Business Management
Vehicle Showcase
I live close to Geneva and will be at the show next week.

If someone here needs some detailed pictures of anything. Just let me know and I will post it on this thread :)
While I don't need any close ups I would encourage you to post a bunch of pictures of it anyways. I'm curious about differences between US and Europe spec Jeeps, I've heard the cooling louvers on the fenders are truly ventilated and functional and that the exhaust is set up differently underneath. Also do they have the same armour on the belly? Any accessory armour underneath on this model? If it's a diesel engine would you post some pics of the powerplant and plumbing? Maybe some close-ups of how the snorkel attached? Does the snorkel prevent you from lowering the windshield? Is the trailer package somehow different for that extra cost? 2000usd? Is it a rh drive? If it is would love to see pics of that. But at the same time don't want to put you through too much trouble, either. I will look at and enjoy whatever pics you might find time to post!!! :)

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
I hope the "1941" designation for this European-market model doesn't backfire on FCA. There is risk that this could end up as one of those "What were they thinking?" marketing concepts. Yes, 2021 will be the 80th anniversary of the first Jeep. In America, "1941" hints of nostalgia for gutsy American achievement in the 40's, simpler times in the 50's, economic growth in the 60's, etc., in the ensuing decades. By all means Jeep should celebrate this milestone anniversary in the North American markets.

However, the 1940's do not bring back happy memories to most Europeans. While the American Jeep is likely suggestive or symbolic to many of rescue or salvation from oppression, that doesn't soften that tens of millions of people died during World War II under varying circumstances. Families' homes, towns, and whole cities were destroyed. After the war, rebuilding and rationing and shortages extended the suffering. Even the newer generations will have learned of the hard times from their elders. There will be little nostalgia for the 1940's in Europe.

I think the Wrangler will do well in Europe as an iconic 4WD personal vehicle on its own merits. Unfortunately, the "in your face" "1941" badging might mask those merits.

I hope I'm wrong.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I hope the "1941" designation for this European-market model doesn't backfire on FCA. There is risk that this could end up as one of those "What were they thinking?" marketing concepts. Yes, 2021 will be the 80th anniversary of the first Jeep. In America, "1941" hints of nostalgia for gutsy American achievement in the 40's, simpler times in the 50's, economic growth in the 60's, etc., in the ensuing decades. By all means Jeep should celebrate this milestone anniversary in the North American markets.

However, the 1940's do not bring back happy memories to most Europeans. While the American Jeep is likely suggestive or symbolic to many of rescue or salvation from oppression, that doesn't soften that tens of millions of people died during World War II under varying circumstances. Families' homes, towns, and whole cities were destroyed. After the war, rebuilding and rationing and shortages extended the suffering. Even the newer generations will have learned of the hard times from their elders. There will be little nostalgia for the 1940's in Europe.

I think the Wrangler will do well in Europe as an iconic 4WD personal vehicle on its own merits. Unfortunately, the "in your face" "1941" badging might mask those merits.

I hope I'm wrong.
I have to admit, part of me wondered if the marketing folks thought of this?

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How many more horsepowers and inches of ground clearance do those stickers add? I might have to get some.

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
How many more horsepowers and inches of ground clearance do those stickers add? I might have to get some.
Everyone knows that racing stripes make your car go faster, and decals help your Jeep get over big rocks.

:P

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
While I don't need any close ups I would encourage you to post a bunch of pictures of it anyways.

I will do it :)

I'm curious about differences between US and Europe spec Jeeps, I've heard the cooling louvers on the fenders are truly ventilated and functional and that the exhaust is set up differently underneath.

Nope

Also do they have the same armour on the belly?

Yes

Any accessory armour underneath on this model?

Don't think so, but I will check

If it's a diesel engine would you post some pics of the powerplant and plumbing?

Yes will check it

Maybe some close-ups of how the snorkel attached?

You can find more informations on Youtube, One guy has put online the Mopar JL snorkel installation ;)

Does the snorkel prevent you from lowering the windshield?

The AEV one is designed for working with that spec

Is the trailer package somehow different for that extra cost? 2000usd?

It is a removable hitch ball mounted like yours... I will definitely order the 69 USD Rugged ridge US specs one...

Is it a rh drive? If it is would love to see pics of that.

France has the steering wheel on the correct side of the vehicle. On the left, not on the right. :LOL:

But at the same time don't want to put you through too much trouble, either. I will look at and enjoy whatever pics you might find time to post!!! :)

I will try to take the best pics;)
Sponsored