devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hi Guys,
I decided to create this thread to get an understanding about ongoing JL wrangler order status.
Sponsored

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I am waiting until we can test drive and then find out how we go about buying. I assume place a holding deposit (hopefully fully refundable) and then pay the balance when we get to take our new baby home.

I am particularly interested in when the JL will be out in show rooms for general buying. If it is around the same time as our ordered JLs arrive then maybe not so much pressure on picking the right one - Maybe we get to drive them all and see all the options for real.

Also what other additions can we do. Mopar accessories? such as lift , bars, LED lights etc for sports.

Oh well days are counting down. I was told by a Sydney dealer they will have then around 25th January ready for test drives in early February (fingers crossed)

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
My dealers generally say "from the 4th February" for test driving.

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler FireCracker Red
Had a face to face talk at my dealer yesterday (22/01/2019). Now it is going to be the first full week in February before they will have a vehicle to test drive.

They are only getting one, as are most dealers unless they are a large dealer in which case they will get two.

The vehicle they get will not be for sale, or not until they get more stock that is due March/April. So the sampler is just to help get firm orders/deposits.

My dealer will be getting an Overlander, so at least its not the base model we get to look at, and test drive. From what I can gather they are going to try and keep the test drives nice and short, though he was talking about how they could take them off road and still be covered by insurance.

Hopefully only another few weeks to wait.

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked about accessory's and the dealer still had no information yet, but they still did not have any hard copy info on the JL ether only PDF files.

I rang ARB yesterday (22/01/2019) and the guy I talked to had not yet got any info on JL bar etc. He was going to make some inquires and let me know what he finds out.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The options are listed in the brochure. My dealer says they do yet have pricing on the options!

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Had a face to face talk at my dealer yesterday (22/01/2019). Now it is going to be the first full week in February before they will have a vehicle to test drive.

They are only getting one, as are most dealers unless they are a large dealer in which case they will get two.

The vehicle they get will not be for sale, or not until they get more stock that is due March/April. So the sampler is just to help get firm orders/deposits.

My dealer will be getting an Overlander, so at least its not the base model we get to look at, and test drive. From what I can gather they are going to try and keep the test drives nice and short, though he was talking about how they could take them off road and still be covered by insurance.

Hopefully only another few weeks to wait.
Ive been keeping in contact with a few of the dealers as im trying to nail down the ultimate price for a JLUR with all options and waiting on Mopar list..

Though I know my closest dealership is getting two overland (sahara) cars in and they are apparently allowed to sell one of them.. I believe every dealership is getting overland models.. from memory the order numbers was 60 of one colour and 40 of another to go around dealerships.. dont quote me on that though..

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After ringing ARB, my local ARB guy said they are already selling JL gear in the USA I should hay a look at the ARB USA web page.

They are primed and ready for the Australian JL release, they just want to confirm all measurements on the Australian model before releasing any information and pricing for Australian product.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
After ringing ARB, my local ARB guy said they are already selling JL gear in the USA I should hay a look at the ARB USA web page.

They are primed and ready for the Australian JL release, they just want to confirm all measurements on the Australian model before releasing any information and pricing for Australian product.
ARB are no longer my go to. they are behind the times in ideas and styling , so maybe for the JL it is still a good fit :D
i waiting for what AEV bring out- i saw their stuff on the SEMA videos, looks way better i reckon.
Sponsored