JL wrangler pulling to the right

Bfranks100

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport S
So I did some searching but the threads don’t really seem to have final outcomes for this problem . So has anyone had issues with their JL wrangler pulling extreme to the right ? Mine doesn’t pull left just dips down to the right , it’s been pulling since I bought it , it’s almost like it dips. Since then I have pulled mopar lift , tires and have had Jeep replace the steering box . It’s been in 4 times , I’ve complained and they had a field tech come out and say they drove it with stock tires and didn’t replicate the issue lol , so I’ve requested they send another one out and me be there when they do do it , cause the pull isn’t Normal . Besides that the steering is fine .
just curious if anyone has had an Actual fix from jeep or them handle it for you and what they did etc ? Also if anyone here has lemoned their vehicle for it or received a buy back or trade .
Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Usually it is due to most roads being crowned in the middle, and alignment is not set to compensate for it. Wide tires accentuate this problem. Perhaps you need less caster and more toe.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Currently. You mentioned that they drove it on stock tires. Do you have aftermarket tires on it and they swapped them out with stock tires or is it always on stock tires? The reason I ask is your tires might be the issue.

I replaced my factory tires with 35’s and it started pulling hard right. Which didn’t seem normal. And I know crowned roads or rutted roads can make vehicles act a little weird. But this seemed a little excessive. So I took my rig back to the tire shop. They checked the alignment, tire pressure, etc. and when they rotated the tires it got better. Then the owner of the shop looked at it, drove it and came back to tell me that it has a radial drift. Now this is something I’ve never heard of before. So it might be legit and it might be BS. But it drove much better after they rotated the tires, so I left it alone. Yet one thing I found when I got home was they had the air pressure up to 45lbs. That seemed a little excessive, so I dropped it down to 40 lbs and drove it around for a few hours. It was better. Then I dropped it down to 35 lbs and repeated the process. At this point the pull was very faint. So I left the tires at a 35 lbs running temp, which is about 32 lbs cold.

The bottom line is, if you changed your tires, you might have to rotate your tires and play with the air pressure to see if the problem gets better or worse and find that sweet spot.

Coyne11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon , 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SAS Swap
Mine pulled to the right when I first bought it so I took it back in to see if the dealer could fix it because it pulled quite a bit more than what I thought was normal. When I got it back, the pull was still there. I do have 37” tires and a 3.5” lift. So I ended up putting on some Core4x4 front control Arms on that I picked up from a member here and did the alignment in the garage the old way by measuring and my pull is not nearly as noticeable, if not gone. Definitely worth the purchase for me. I do still plan on getting it on an alignment rack to see where everything is at. Not sure if the arms are the complete cure for everyone, but was in my case.
Sponsored