Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thought some people would want to see how there color choice stacked up against the rest of the country! The 'SALES' side is what you want to look at. 'STOCK' is what is sitting on dealer lots :like:

COLORS.png
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
We need production numbers by color for this chart to mean anything, right? A lot of colors have been available for far less time than others.

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Thought some people would want to see how there color choice stacked up against the rest of the country! The 'SALES' side is what you want to look at. 'STOCK' is what is sitting on dealer lots :like:

COLORS.png
By any chance do you have the actual numbers instead of percentage? Would like to know the total number of Mojito Jeeps out there as it looks like the color has been discontinued for 2019!

OP
OP
Sting_Rubi

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We need production numbers by color for this chart to mean anything, right? A lot of colors have been available for far less time than others.
That would help see it in context. But I have no way to find those right now. Its just an interesting chart to see how colors stack up throughout the country for sales

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sting_Rubi

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
By any chance do you have the actual numbers instead of percentage? Would like to know the total number of Mojito Jeeps out there as it looks like the color has been discontinued for 2019!
I do not as of right now.. Only thing FCA lists

ShaunTheJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2D JL Rubicon
So 4 out of 5 JLs are Black, White, Silver or Granite...

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
These numbers are what happens when dealer orders outnumber the custom orders 50:1. Boring, plain SUV colors by the thousands.
I think the "boring, plain SUV" colors are popular for a reason. My guess is that most people's color choice is based on the fact that they don't want to get a color they will grow tired of. And that gives them the most versatility color wise when it comes to adding custom parts. I was trying to decide between Granite and Red when I was getting ready to order. I love the red, but wondered if I would grow tired of it. So I went the safe route.

All that said, I think the Wrangler is one of those vehicles that looks good in any color. So there is no "wrong" choice in my opinion. But what is boring to some, may not be boring to others. I'm glad I chose the color I did. :like:

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
So 4 out of 5 JLs are Black, White, Silver or Granite...

The weird thing is that I have a black one and I haven't seen a new black one in the Raleigh-Durham area at all! I've had mine for 3.5 months too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sting_Rubi

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im surprised to see red so low. The most common JL colors I see on the streets around here, in order, are black - white - ocean blue
Ocean Blue is getting popular at my dealership. We just had one drive away about an hour ago.. Looks SOOOO good clean and in the sun. Flares and Hardtop paint match :like:

We do sell a lot of the boring colors though. If my Sting-Grey didn't roll off the truck when it did, I would have a Mojito! or Ocean blue right now lol

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Seems to match up to what I see around here. After about three months, I’ve finally seen another sting gray out driving. Just one.
Suits me. I don’t like seeing “my” Jeep everywhere!

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
I live in LA and I've only seen 1 Billet Rubi, 1 Sting Gray Sport, and the rest have all been black or white

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I've seen as many Firecracker Red JLs in my area as any other color. I see a lot of Billett JKs though -- that's my second favorite color of Jeep. Ocean Blue is #1 for me... at least for now.
Sponsored