First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
I ordered HellaYella because it is unique. I liked the Ocean Blue, but wanted something that will stand out like a Rubicon is supposed to. Almost went with Mojito, but when the yellow was released my decision was easy. Can't wait for it to arrive!
Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
My take: 77% wanted a non-color (white, black, silver, gray [granite]).

Only a few us boldly selected a color (red for me thanks).

It's okay, my own wife was pushing white hard, I said NOPE. Get your own Jeep if you want white :)
I have an all white JLUR but I have a red/ black/ rattle canned TJ. Best of both worlds!

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
You must have never seen the maple syrup ones... or the 4th of July ones.....
Well I’ve seen a few for holidays, but never maple syrup.... that just seems wrong

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Well I’ve seen a few for holidays, but never maple syrup.... that just seems wrong
Purple Peeps are best Peeps, that's just fact. Same is true of Wranglers. If only the JL came in purple. I would hold my breath, but I'm too busy sighing despondently.

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
The weird thing is that I have a black one and I haven't seen a new black one in the Raleigh-Durham area at all! I've had mine for 3.5 months too.
Had my black JL for about 5 months and still have not seen another black one in New England. Seen red, and a bunch of silver and granite though.

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
walter_new_art_color_3.jpg
I only drive muddy jeeps, who gives a shite what the paint color is....%$#(*&)^%*

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
Huh, interesting. You wouldn’t guess some of those % from looking at the color threads on this forum. For example Sting Gray has a very active thread with loyal followers and great word of mouth from those who’ve seen the color live - I expected it to be lower than black or white, but not zero (I ordered the 2-door)... Selfishly I’m rather glad we’re such rare birds, just surprised.

Glad to see some cool colors like Ocean Blue and Punk’n doing relatively well. Agree that Wranglers look great in any color, but a little diversity and originality is nice in my book.

Lastly, I’m also surprised that 2-door owners seem slightly less adventurous than 4-door owners when it comes to colors. There are a few bolder colors that I find just OK on the 4-door but that truly rock on a 2-door. But then again, I think we’ve already established I don’t have conventional color tastes! ;)

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Huh, interesting. You wouldn’t guess some of those % from looking at the color threads on this forum. For example Sting Gray has a very active thread with loyal followers and great word of mouth from those who’ve seen the color live - I expected it to be lower than black or white, but not zero (I ordered the 2-door)... Selfishly I’m rather glad we’re such rare birds, just surprised.

Glad to see some cool colors like Ocean Blue and Punk’n doing relatively well. Agree that Wranglers look great in any color, but a little diversity and originality is nice in my book.

Lastly, I’m also surprised that 2-door owners seem slightly less adventurous than 4-door owners when it comes to colors. There are a few bolder colors that I find just OK on the 4-door but that truly rock on a 2-door. But then again, I think we’ve already established I don’t have conventional color tastes! ;)
Usually the less common colors have a rabid cult following and they're usually ordered rather than bought off the lot. Back when I bought my Jeep, all the "Gecko" buyers where using the neon green color for their signature on their post. In the real world I rarely saw Gecko colored Jeeps though. The dealers usually stock more common neutral colors because they appeal to the broadest market of people who really don't care what color the Jeep is.

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
It's pretty easy to convert percentages to quantities. As of through July, total wranglers sold is 154,800. This doesn't includes stock inventory (at least I don't think so).

The URL http://fcauthority.com/fiat-chrysle...ep-sales-numbers/jeep-wrangler-sales-numbers/

We'll I forgot the table shows 100% for 2 door and 4 door. I saw a couple months ago numbers of 2-door and 4-door. 4 doors were being made at 10 to 1 to 2 doors. So that would get you ball park...maybe.

Dabird

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I appreciate bold colors on a vehicle, I've owned multiple orange cars, that being said our base model Sport is white. I really like the look of the white body with the black wheels, fenders and top.
Sponsored