Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
33s are the stock size, correct? Add only 2" on radius to the picture and you have the envelope for 37s.
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Another question, are those stock size wheels?

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
They look like 17s. They were on the SEMA Mopar wall of aftermarket products. I think the bead lock wheels are 17s and these look the same size.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
They look like 17s. They were on the SEMA Mopar wall of aftermarket products. I think the bead lock wheels are 17s and these look the same size.
Yeah, I am wondering if they needed spacers.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I wonder what 35s with a 2" lift would look like? I hope it won't look like a roller skate with too much gap above the wheels. I want the lift though for undercarriage clearance.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah, I am wondering if they needed spacers.
If it is a rubicon then the axles are longer and shouldn't need wheel spacers.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
I wonder if the stock wheels are now 8.5-9 inches wide to run those 37s within manufacturer specs.

I would like to know the backspacing on them as well.

Last edited:

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I wonder what 35s with a 2" lift would look like? I hope it won't look like a roller skate with too much gap above the wheels. I want the lift though for undercarriage clearance.
I think with the regular fenders 35s would look fine. The high fender flares look like there is room for 35s with no lift and may have a large gap if you lift it.

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
For those of us considering ordering (or pre-ordering), is it beneficial to order this lift / tires at the time of purchase?
try
Does this affect the order from Jeep, or is it just something you work out with your dealer and treated as an after market?

If this lift and tires are available at time of order I'd have to consider it.
Currently my thought is that I'll order a Rubicon try it out upgrading things as needed when I find something on a trail I'm incapable of handling.
I've heard great things about AEV and may want to wait for their lift to come out.

What are your thoughts?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
For those of us considering ordering (or pre-ordering), is it beneficial to order this lift / tires at the time of purchase?
try
Does this affect the order from Jeep, or is it just something you work out with your dealer and treated as an after market?

If this lift and tires are available at time of order I'd have to consider it.
Currently my thought is that I'll order a Rubicon try it out upgrading things as needed when I find something on a trail I'm incapable of handling.
I've heard great things about AEV and may want to wait for their lift to come out.

What are your thoughts?
You do the mopar accessories through the dealer. It could be beneficial as you could add them to the finance.
I am torn but leaning towards waiting. You can get a metal cloak game changer or another like aev eventually probably for same price or less. The aftermarket ones are going to give you more performance, maybe not dramatically but from the jk lifts they tend to be a little better than the mopars.
Good thing about mopar is they are going to have a jump on everyone else. Metal cloak told me they have to buy a JL like everyone else before designing

Sponsored

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
Ha, ask and thou shall receive... to funny, I just asked this the other day in a separate form... 37's look so good! that means they will fit (fingers crossed) under the fenders of the JT scrambler as well... so exciting! Great find guys!

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
You do the mopar accessories through the dealer. It could be beneficial as you could add them to the finance.
I am torn but leaning towards waiting. You can get a metal cloak game changer or another like aev eventually probably for same price or less. The aftermarket ones are going to give you more performance, maybe not dramatically but from the jk lifts they tend to be a little better than the mopars.
Good thing about mopar is they are going to have a jump on everyone else. Metal cloak told me they have to buy a JL like everyone else before designing
Also Mopar parts keeps the factory warranty intact (for that part), if the Jeep is still under warranty of course and if you care about warranty.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
How much of an impact on acceleration do you think 37's would have on a Rubi with a Pentastar engine? I know we still don't know HP/TQ, but does anyone have any educated guesses? What about 35's? What do you think is the max tire size that will keep the giddyup the JL has?

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
How much of an impact on acceleration do you think 37's would have on a Rubi with a Pentastar engine? I know we still don't know HP/TQ, but does anyone have any educated guesses? What about 35's? What do you think is the max tire size that will keep the giddyup the JL has?
Hard to say at this point. We will know more once we see the gearing with the 8 speed. I suspect re-gearing would be necessary for optimal performance, but you won't need to go as tall as you would have to go in the past. 4.56 will probably be enough with the 8-speed if it comes with 3.73's like we believe.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Hard to say at this point. We will know more once we see the gearing with the 8 speed. I suspect re-gearing would be necessary for optimal performance, but you won't need to go as tall as you would have to go in the past. 4.56 will probably be enough with the 8-speed if it comes with 3.73's like we believe.
You want to go short gears with large tires not tall. The numerically higher a gear is the shorter it is. 5.13 short/small, 3.21 tall/larger.
Sponsored