Sponsored

JL Wrangler ODB2 Scan Tools, JL Tazer, etc. - will they show which PCM software version and sales codes?

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Are there any ODB2 scan tools (Bluedriver, etc.) or ODB2 devices (JL Tazer, etc.) that will show what sales codes and or PCM software versions are in the JL Wrangler 2018 - 2020? The dealer said they updated it, but I want to verify. I can't even get them (tried 4 different dealerships) to put in 5 quarts instead of 6 quarts of oil in and they have to drain 1 quart every time, much less trust they can update the software correctly, so I'd like to verify which software is installed. I had this happen over a year ago where one dealer said they updated the software from an older TSB, took it to another dealer and they said it had the old version. One dealer said "it is up to date" yet they never hooked anything to the ODB2 port as it sat in the dealer service parking lot in my view from the waiting room. Frustrating as hell.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...b-08-074-20-for-improved-steering-feel.56363/

From TSB 08-074-20:

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler ODB2 Scan Tools, JL Tazer, etc. - will they show which PCM software version and sales codes? Sales codes
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I have no idea of Jscan will do this. I own one because through its use I was able to configure aftermarket proximity locks.

The developer I read is uber responsive: emails to him get returned in 24 hours, so maybe you want to ask him.

He's been known at times, if his device doesn't have a feature and it's not that hard for him to add, to do it quickly and upload a new version of his software. He did this with proximity locks.

http://jscan.net/

[email protected]

Recently I asked him about adding the ability to keep the rear camera on longer than the 8 seconds the factory provides, and that I believe Z Automotive provides with the Tazer.

Ture to as I read, he responded back in 24 hours that it was difficult at this time to implement, but earned his reputation of being very responsive.

Good luck.

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have no idea of Jscan will do this. I own one because through its use I was able to configure aftermarket proximity locks.

The developer I read is uber responsive: emails to him get returned in 24 hours, so maybe you want to ask him.

He's been known at times, if his device doesn't have a feature and it's not that hard for him to add, to do it quickly and upload a new version of his software. He did this with proximity locks.

http://jscan.net/

[email protected]

Recently I asked him about adding the ability to keep the rear camera on longer than the 8 seconds the factory provides, and that I believe Z Automotive provides with the Tazer.

Ture to as I read, he responded back in 24 hours that it was difficult at this time to implement, but earned his reputation of being very responsive.

Good luck.
Thanks. I sent them an email per your suggestion. What device are you using with their software? And how much did it cost?

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I have a tazer mini. I got an OBDii scanner. I ran it this morning and it told me there were no stored codes... I updated the tazer software and it showed me 3 codes. I cleared them through the tazer and none have come back.
Sponsored