JL Wrangler interior photos!

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I love almost everything I am seeing from this new JL, BUT, I really dislike the "red" or "silver" dash. It is ugly and euro looking to my eye. Yes, I will get over it and pay to have it pulled and wrapped in matte black or similar.
Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I love almost everything I am seeing from this new JL, BUT, I really dislike the "red" or "silver" dash. It is ugly and euro looking to my eye. Yes, I will get over it and pay to have it pulled and wrapped in matte black or similar.
I would bet that silver and red are not the only dash color options...I bet we see more available. There has to be a black or other similar color.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
@administrator were you part of the exclusive group that was invited to go test them out?

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Also, looks like a speaker in the rear storage area on the right - is that just a speaker or a sub? It's not the Alpine sub from the JK - I don't see that in the pics.
That's definitely a new Alpine sub.
It does indeed look like the sub has moved from the floor, back onto the passenger side, in the cargo area. Is this Jeep's concession that putting the sub in the floor on the later JK's, was a bad idea?

Also, I see that there is a "JL" on the tailgate; at the top of that silver sticker/plate.

Also^2, the softop's rear hatch flips up like the hardtop's?

Sponsored

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Attached larger versions of what you're referring to. They're definitely there.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 6.24.01 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 6.23.46 AM.jpg
Well look at that, I totally missed that. Some of the other pictures I have seen are black hooks, so I wonder what the defining factor is.

Also, I assume those are cloth seats from the way they look. I wonder if the leather will have the same...Super excited.

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
I wholeheartedly agree. I understand different strokes for different folks, but it is not for me. Matte black would look best IMO.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
That Tan seat color is awful.
I agree. But what cunning marketing if so? Seeing what most believe is seats and color options in the accessories thread, seen at SEMA, why not offer entry level unappealing colors to push people to pay more to quickly or instantly upgrade that?

Sponsored

drshaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 6MT, 2015 Ody
That cargo area shot was sweet.
1. I am very happy to see the sub on the sidewall - losing that storage cubby in the floor seemed like a bad idea.
2. Our kids will be happy to see the rear center armrest cupholders.
3. I agree on the 'mystery' around that soft top view with the swing-gate open - is this some new joy for easier cargo area access with the soft top on? (aka - I'd no longer have to unzip the rear window to put anything other than groceries back there)

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Keep in mind in re the "Road & Track" pics that they are showing an export vehicle to Europe, so there could be subtle or not so subtle changes to such models that we will or won't see here, like bumpers, lights, etc. But I agree, it is a really good-looking unit!

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-interior-jpg.jpg

love how the back of the front seats are already set up with a Molle System for pouches ect.
Sponsored